PDA

View Full Version : To Magnezone or not Magnezone...that is the question.

happyslappysoong
20th January 2009, 03:53 PM
Hi all! New here.

Just wondering, we all know that magneton can evolve from level 30 (in lvl up in Mt Coronet) to Magnezone, but i was just wondering if there's any advantage to holding off evolution? Magnezone can still learn all the the same moves, at all the same level as Magneton.

Cheers!
Soong

mr_pikachu
20th January 2009, 04:13 PM
Hmm, that's a good question. Stat-wise, the only possible benefit would be the slightly higher Speed of Magneton, but considering that it's not meant to specialize in Speed (and that its other stats improve upon evolution to Magnezone), the Speed change is inconsequential. The only oddity I noticed, in checking a GameFAQs guide (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925601/47707), is that Magnezone doesn't have any Egg moves. This could just be due to an error on the part of its creator, or it could mean that people interested in breeding for something like Night Slash may want to keep their Magnetons unevolved.

As I'm sure you're already aware, there is a benefit in keeping Magnemite itself unevolved, as it learns many moves earlier. If it's already become a Magneton, though, it's a little harder to find a reason to prevent its advancement. Very curious....

happyslappysoong
20th January 2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Also, would the increase of stats that comes with evolution be any higher if evolved at a higher level? For any pokemon's evolution at all, not just Magnezone of course.

thanks again!

Jeff
20th January 2009, 04:36 PM
No, when you evolve a pokemon has no affect on what stats it has in the end whatsoever.

RattataGuy
22nd January 2009, 02:47 AM
Cue the discussion on Effort Value points...

PancaKe
22nd January 2009, 06:11 AM
Oh my goodness Soong?!?!?!

Lol. Hi everyone, this is my boyfriend.

</spam>

You should just give up on Magnezone and keep raising that Bidoof you had. :P