PDA

View Full Version : Shaymin! ... and Regigigas too!

Jeff
22nd January 2009, 06:27 PM
Link (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=46936273745)

Get Shaymin at DS Download Stations only at TOYS”R”US!
February 8 - 14

Bring your Nintendo DS and your Pokemon Diamond or Pokemon Pearl Game Card to Toys “R” Us to receive Shaymin! (in-store only)

PLUS…
Get $5 Off ANY Pokémon DS Game title! & Get a Free Pokémon Poster!

Plus, pokemon.com has this to say (http://www.pokemon.com/#news_/XML/news_344.xml). Not sure if that's referring to the same event. There's no mention of the Shaymin event on pokemon.com, but it would be weird for them to officially announce it a week after it's been revealed elsewhere.

Of course the obligatory question here is, anyone going?

I will probably. I think there's a Toys R Us in the Annapolis Mall, and I go to school right outside of Annapolis, so I could easily slip in after class...

DarkestLight
22nd January 2009, 06:32 PM
!!!!!!!!! HOLY HELL THAT WAS FAST!

It's not even a joke. I'm so going. Shaymin forever :D

Getting real tired of this 1 a cart crap. I hope Ninty World still has the flub up and allows me to get one from there too >>

Edit#3 LOL good job Pokemon.com. Wait a week >>

Charles Legend
22nd January 2009, 07:26 PM
Cool so my guess is that the movie well also be released to DVD that same week.

~Charles Legend

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd January 2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the info!! I am a little surprised at the release date though, I thought for sure the Shaymin promo would have been sometime in the spring after Platinum was released, especially since Shaymin is kind of a Springtime-ish Pokemon and since Shaymin has the alternate form in Platinum. Oh well, this is still cool though!! ^_^

Blademaster
23rd January 2009, 11:52 AM
They JUST opened a new Toys 'R Us in Secaucus. Finally, I can get something on my Diamond copy.

And $5 off any DS Pokemon title? Maybe now I can finally check out an alternate series...

Which series is more worth looking into: Pokemon Ranger or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?

Jeff
23rd January 2009, 12:28 PM
More news about this: The Facebook page has been taken down. So I'm guessing that was a leak, and we now all know what event pokemon.com will be announcing on the 29th.

Jeff
25th January 2009, 12:58 PM
Update:

http://www.pokebeach.com/news/0109/shaymin-event.gif

http://www.pokebeach.com/news/0109/regigigas-event.gif

There's the links to the posters for both the Shaymin event, and a up-until-now unknown Regigigas event. From the posters, it looks like they'll be equivalent to the movie Shaymin and Regigigas given away in Japan, which unlock the Glacidia Flower and Regi events in Platinum.

DarkestLight
25th January 2009, 04:44 PM
Hrm th Regigigas event ends right before Platinum comes out :O. Man I'm going to have to focus so hard at work...

happyslappysoong
26th January 2009, 05:14 PM
Any chance of this happening in toys r us' in Australia?

..sigh

Starry Might
27th January 2009, 02:21 PM
I've read about both these promos, and I'd like to do them both (assuming the Shaymin promo is still on...I've been confuzzled since I learned that the Official info disappeared, but what Jeff said about it being a possible leak is likely :)).

pokemonfuzz
28th January 2009, 08:40 AM
I called my local toys r us and luckly i talked wit a fellow pokefreak and he say its on and hes know abot it since september and tht toy r us had jus put the page up on face book early
so dont worry and get to ur ds download stations and get shaymin

p.s. the regigigas event is for real to but pokemon.com dont want to get a head of themselves

Number1ChanseyFan
28th January 2009, 10:36 AM
pokemon.com has finally confirmed the Shaymin promo at Toys R Us from Febuary 8-14, 2009!!

Shaymin will have this moveset, and it will come in a Cherish Ball.

Seed Flare
Aromatherapy
Substitute
Energy Ball
@Micle Berry.

So yes, you will also be getting an unobtainable berry with Shaymin!!

Any chance of this happening in toys r us' in Australia?

..sigh
Unfortunately this Shaymin promo is only in the United States and Puerto Rico.

Starry Might
28th January 2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I read that today!

DarkestLight
31st January 2009, 09:56 AM
...What the hell kinda moveset is that? Seed Flare obviously.
Aromatherapy for lose >> Team Player I am not.
Substitute for what blasphemous reason?
Energy Ball eh ok since Seed Flare =unique >>

Why the hell they'd waste a space on Sub, I dunno.
But I'm still getting it n_n.

Starry Might
9th February 2009, 02:07 PM
Well, me and my Dad did a lot of shopping yesterday, and we got Shaymin in our "Pokemon" games as part of it.

Afterwards, we had lunch at CiCi's Pizza Buffet. They have several TVs in there, and one of them has Boomerang (Cartoon Network's channel dedicated to old cartoons - they were showing "Huckleberry Hound" ones that day), and they had a commercial for "Giratina and the Sky Warrior" on at one point...how crazy awesome is that? :keke:

I need to make a mini-banner for Shaymin (and Dragonite).

DarkestLight
9th February 2009, 06:33 PM
So did anyone get the offensive Umbreon?

No huh. Let's explain. I went to the Toys R Us on 42nd street. Upon reaching the video game section I notice that security is patrolling the area. I whip out my DS and walk in, trying to access the download, but instead of a Shaymin..I'm getting an Umbreon.

The wonder card for the Umbreon reads
"Gary was here Ash is a Fag!"

I found this to be funny, but the parents in the store watching their kids download this Offensive Umbreon did not. So security was trying to figure out whom was giving out this obviously hacked Umbreon.

It was a Lvl 100 Umbreon, and it came in a Cherish Ball as well. It's a shiny, with Pokerus.

Umbreon w Life Orb
Adamant
331/251/257/140/296/229 <--Someone alert me if that's a 31 IV Umbreon's final stats.

Volt Tackle
Judgment
Psycho Cut
Giga Impact

HIIIIIIIIIILARIOUS. I wanna bred it just so I can attempt to get 31 IV Eevees, lol.

Oh and it has high Sheen and perfect Coolness with 21 ribbons, ranging from the Effort Ribbon the the Legendary Ribbon. All in all an awesome hacked snag, along with Shaymin-which was able to be downloaded moments later after they reset the signal.

Who would hack and disrupt signals to give away that Umbreon, I dunno, but it worked perfectly. Kudos, hackers, you had a field day Sunday.

Blademaster
9th February 2009, 08:30 PM
And all I got is a Shaymin!? :mad:

TOYS 'R US JIPPED ME!!!

mr_pikachu
9th February 2009, 09:59 PM
For EVs of 0-252-6-0-0-252:

Umbreon - #197 (Adamant)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Adamant #197 Umbreon: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Hidden Power Type is 'Dark'. Hidden Power Power is 70.

So, yeah. That Umbreon is pretty much demonic.

Starry Might
11th February 2009, 02:13 PM
@ DarkestLight: WHOA! :eek: Is that for real?!

If you got a digital camera or whatever, please take a picture! I wanna see it! :197: :o

DarkestLight
11th February 2009, 03:51 PM
I'll post a pic later then. I wouldn't make that up, lol.

DarkestLight
12th February 2009, 03:21 PM
Double post sorry, but here's the Wonder Card. (I deleted the card before I flipped it, but it said some profane things on it...{

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll80/HikariMeoru/get-attachmentaspx.jpg

Yes Haxxored Umbreon Awesomeness.

Starry Might
13th February 2009, 02:10 PM
Wow.

Take some pics of the Umbreon itself (if possible)!

Phoenixsong
13th February 2009, 06:39 PM
...What the hell kinda moveset is that? Seed Flare obviously.
Aromatherapy for lose >> Team Player I am not.
Substitute for what blasphemous reason?
Energy Ball eh ok since Seed Flare =unique >>

Why the hell they'd waste a space on Sub, I dunno.
But I'm still getting it n_n.

Shaymin can actually make very good use of Substitute. And Aromatherapy, but whatever.

But anyway, according to the movie I'm forcing myself to watch, it's a movie tie-in the same way they gave movie Darkrai Spacial Rend and Roar of Time. Shaymin used Substitute to save itself at least once.

Dragonis
13th February 2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah I just finished watching the movie. Those were the only moves Shsymin used.

DarkestLight
15th February 2009, 01:42 AM
Oh ok, Movie Tie in, that's fine. Umm Pics of the actual Umbreon Tomorrow

Number1ChanseyFan
26th February 2009, 06:01 PM
Today pokemon.com officially confirmed the Regigigas event. If nothing else, you can at least get a new berry even if you have Regigigas. The promo runs from Sunday, March 8th until Saturday, March 21st. It is Level 100 and comes in a Cherish Ball.

Iron Head
Rock Slide
Icy Wind
Crush Grip
@Custap Berry.

DarkestLight
26th February 2009, 07:34 PM
What the hell? Crush Grip? Yo Ninty? Seriously? I totally forgot Gigas learned that!

pokemonfuzz
1st March 2009, 06:47 PM
well a week from today u can get regigigas from toy r us i mean i cant cause like i love him lol j/k
but yea and only 20 day and some odd hours till pokemon platinum is here

pokemonfuzz
8th March 2009, 08:19 PM
went and got my Regigigas and hes effin awsome diff must hav on my team

Starry Might
15th March 2009, 02:14 PM
Hey guys, me and my Dad just got back.

We decided to go to a different Toys 'R' Us than the one we got Mew, Dragonite and Shaymin at this time, which was easier said than done 'cause the that had always been there was closed, 'caused they moved to a different part of town! Eventually, we finally found it and I got Regigigas for my "Diamond" and my Dad's "Diamond" and "Pearl".

There's something I wanna tell you, though. According to a guy working in the Electronics department there, he heard from the TRU corporates (or whoever) that the Regigigas promo ended yesterday (despite the fact that it's supposedly on 'til the 21st)! Fortunately, I was still able to get the Regigigases.

Has anybody heard of that? :confused:

DarkestLight
15th March 2009, 03:44 PM
Nope. Regigigas is til going strong in NYC, I got mine yesterday, I didn't even walk in the TRU, I tried from outside and was able to snag one.

Starry Might
16th March 2009, 02:42 PM
Nope. Regigigas is til going strong in NYC, I got mine yesterday, I didn't even walk in the TRU, I tried from outside and was able to snag one.
You were?

Lucky you! I tried that with Dragonite and it didn't work. I had to go into the store and stuff to get it.