PDA

View Full Version : What's it like where your computer is?

Jeff
22nd January 2009, 09:29 PM
Found this thread over at Bulbagarden and found it to be pretty interesting. So, wherever you computer is right now, what is that place like? For example, what things are on your desk (or whatever else the computer is sitting on)? Include a picture if you want.

For me, let's see...

My laptop is sitting on my desk in my bedroom right now, which is where it usually is. On that desk is:

-My Laptop, along with my mousepad and wireless mouse
-My TV
-My printer
-A piece of paper with "Spore Expansion" written on it (a note to myself reminding me what to get for my brother for Christmas :P)
-2 bags of Jelly Bellies (Soda Pop Shoppe mix, and Buttered Popcorn, the latter of which I got for Easter of last year and just recently found behind my laptop, and they're still good, score!)
-A small desk lamp with a burned-out light bulb.
-Numerous charger cables (some of which I have no clue what they go to)
-A handwritten copy of my school schedule
-Some shells and rocks
-Various magazines, DS game cases, CDs, and God knows what
-Some random things I made out of Legos
-Some photos
-A Magic 8 Ball
-A mini Magic 8 Ball
-One of those things with the five balls that go back and forth
-A pencil jar containing pens, pencils, a paper thing we were supposed to throw at my high school graduation instead of our hats (everyone threw their hats anyway :P), and a candy cane decorated to look like a reindeer (no it's not from this past year, it's from... dang I forget)
-Metriod Prime Hunters: First Hunt (the original DS pack-in game)
-The Legend of Zelda: LTTP (GBA version)
-Pokemon Sapphire Version
-My Gameboy color
-Pokemon Yellow Version
-Pokemon Red Version, in a clear case that all the old Gameboy games used to come in
-Other things I'm sure, I just don't plan on digging through all this stuff to find out what they are

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd January 2009, 11:32 PM
I don't have an internet connection in my laptop but I use the one here in Mielikkitalo (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=368937&highlight=Mielikkitalo#post368937). This is a medium-sized room with a window behind the computer where I can see a snowy winter landscape. This room has two sofas, three chairs, three wardrobes and this computer desk with four drawers. I'm not looking inside the wardrobes but on the other sofa there are a plastic bag with my sports shoes, my backpack, my laptop in its bag and some pillows and blankets. The computer is on the self under the desk and on the desk are the screen, a mouse, a mousepad, a loudspeaker, some pens, more pens in a can, someone's glasses, a piece of paper, a bad printer/scanner combination device and an USB distributor thingy. And then there are two lamps in the room, one in the ceiling and a floor lamp. Last but not least, my drawing mat is in the corner.

Katie
23rd January 2009, 12:53 AM
-Little thing of 3 drawers that I keep all kinds of crap in, from ear plugs to cables to notepads to paperwork. On top of this is a candle (bamboo scent) and lighter, and a "fragrance diffuser" thing I have yet to open (xmas present).
-Tissue box
-2.5 gallon fish tank with my female betta, Redass, happily swimming around.
-Pencil cup stuffed full of writing utensils + scissors. Cup has my high school name/mascot on it.
-Laptop and mouse, on a plastic placemat to make it easier to slide the comp back and forth.
-Phone charger with phone on it
-Desktop calendar on the rollout keyboard thingamajig, covered in writing.
-Printer on the shelf at my knees, pack of paper sitting on top of it
-2 shelf wing things on either side at the floor: Notes/books from last semester, DVD wallet, and gallon ziploc bag filled with mineral samples and streak plates on the one to the left, books for this semester on the one to the right.

On the wall behind my desk I have 2 pictures of the fam, Dallas Stars mini-poster thing, and a calendar with pictures of Big Bend. Also got a whiteboard up there with all my classes written on it and their homework - mostly just "buy book" 8 times.

Got a window to my left and the end of my bed to my right, trashcan below the window, and TV on a nightstand slightly behind me next to the window. Nightstand has a little cabinet that is full of old textbooks and notes from my major because I'm constantly having to go back to them.

There are two things on my desk that I didn't include because they don't "go" there normally. 2 coupons (20% off a shirt at the bookstore, 4.95 meal at local restaurant), and the cup I use to scoop my fish out when doing water changes. Has dechlorinator and extra food in it.

My little rathole :3

Crystal Mew
23rd January 2009, 09:30 AM
I REALLY need to clean my desk off...

but lets see. I have:
- the dsl modem and router
- 2 candles
- a thing to put pens and pencils in
-bills
- 3 lotions
- a bottle of vitamins
- nail polish remover
- like 7 bottles of nail polish
- cups
- face lotion
- little mirror
- necklaces and rings/earrings
- hair clip
- wooden jewelry box this guy made me
- 2 roses I got recently in a vase
- hair ties
- deodorant
- a film camera
- bandana
- my car registration papers (don't have a car anymore >=[)
- makeup
-tweezers/nail clippers
- battery charger
- crayons
- little thing that tells me the temperature in my room
- vcr tape cleaner
- my red jumpsuit apparatus button that fell off my work lanyard

oh, and on the shelf underneath...
- stack of cds
- cigar box full of pictures
- dice
-tissue box
- Bible
- pot full of hershy kisses
-another battery charger

....thats it! :) yes its cluttered. yes its annoying. yes I need to clean it

Heald
23rd January 2009, 10:28 AM
I've seen these threads before, although it is usually customary to post a photo of your actual desk or computer area or whatever too.

However, that not being the case, here is my general computer area:

- Very crowded white desk with a 19" monitor, mouse, keyboard and 7:1 surround sound system. All on one desk. Yes I know this defeats the purpose of having a 7:1 surround sound system but this is a temporary set up.
- Also on my desk are various wires and cables for different things, for example, a monitor output cable, a mobile phone charger, rechargeable batteries and such.
- There are a lot of train tickets and gift cards on my desk. I use the train a lot and people always give me gift cards for birthdays, usually for places I never go shopping.
- A pile of small change that slowly grows.
- Lots of coasters, and usually a glass or my 1-pint mug, usually with tea in it (or the tea has already been drunk). Typical Brit, me.
- Since Christmas, I've had 5 bottles of fine whiskey around my desk waiting to be sampled. I can't wait.
- A remote control for my iPod speakers, which are a mere 2 metres away from my chair. I'm so lazy.
- A lot of PC games. And a Nintendo DS.
- Inside my desk is my kilt.

Jeff
23rd January 2009, 10:44 AM
I've seen these threads before, although it is usually customary to post a photo of your actual desk or computer area or whatever too.

Feel free, I just didn't because I can't find my camera amongst this mess, but I know it's around here somewhere.

Oh yeah, my dresser, which is to the left of my desk, is equally cluttered. As usual, it has a massive pile of clothes on it, my keys, my wallet, my cell phone, an emergency flashlight, a box containing a bunch of old/rare coins (including a penny from 1898), and a bunch of other things as well. Right now, those other things include my old watch (the face is falling off, but it still works), my brother's DS, a stack of dollar coins, and some tickets to various places I've been to.

Blademaster
23rd January 2009, 10:51 AM
- Inside my desk is my kilt.

I FUCKING KNEW IT!

My laptop is on my bed 'cuz I don't own a chair. It shares this spot with my blanket, two pillos, and an old throw pillow when in use.

When NOT in use, it sits on a dresser with:

-a red plastic sports bottle of water,
-a Gamestop card,
-a bottle of Shop-Rite hand sanitizer,
-an envelope full of instructions on what to do if when my craptop goes into epileptic psycho bitch-fit mode,
-a shitty plastic door alarm toy I bought at the dollar store and never use,
-a miniature Tutankhamen bust thingy my mom gave me a few years ago,
-and a fully poseable 12-inch Jason Voorhees figurine, complete with tattered nylon vest, detachable chainlink neck accessory from Friday the 13th VI: Jason Lives and Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood, interchangeable bloody axe, sickle, AND machete accompaniments, and TWO masks, including the split mask from the climax of Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood.

That's right.

You're all jealous.