PDA

View Full Version : Happy Australia Day / Chinese New Year

PancaKe
24th January 2009, 07:47 PM
I'm posting it now, in full awareness that Australia day is like, 12 hours away (in AEST).

So happy australia day to all the Australians out on TPM for the 26th January, and to those who wish they were Australian (which you all do.)

What you all doing???

My Australia day will be the usual, chilling out at a barbecue with mates. Probably go for a swim in the pool, drink a few beers, and just absolutely make love to the public holiday. Woo. Good times.

:D

Also happy chinese new year I suppose.

Jeff
24th January 2009, 07:53 PM
Happy year of the Ox!

I suppose I'll be honoring Australia Day this year by freezing my butt off and wishing I was in Australia, where it's summer right now, lucky Aussies.

shazza
24th January 2009, 08:07 PM
Usually we have a barbecue, listen to the Triple J Hottest 100 and drink some beers. However most of my friends are going to Big Day Out this year, leaving me alone with nothing to do. :(

MToolen
24th January 2009, 10:44 PM
I get to go to school. Music theory, piano lessons, cello lessons, and choir in one straight four-hour shot, then an hour and a half of concert band after a two hour break. In recognition, though, I'll put down "Waltzing Matilda" for my solfege journal. That shouldn't be too awful hard.

Crazy Elf Boy
24th January 2009, 11:12 PM
Well I went out and rank last night, then I am going out again tonight for a party and then I will probably be drunk all tommorow.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th January 2009, 12:45 AM
I suppose I'll be honoring Australia Day this year by freezing my butt off and wishing I was in Australia, where it's summer right now, lucky Aussies.

I prefer winter. My dream is to have a summer cottage in the southern hemisphere, I'd go there when it's summer in Finland.

Anyways, Happy Australia Day and Happy Chinese New Year! I'm an Ox, myself, 24 years old this year!

Drago
25th January 2009, 07:16 AM
Is anyone sick of me talking about work yet?
That's where I'll be tomorrow - 10 am sharp, dressed up and talking as bogan as I can. We had a choice of dressing up all Aussie or Chinesey - as one of the few white guys at my work, I'd imagine me donning some Asian garb wouldn't go down so well.

Worst part is dealing with holiday schedule public transport, confounded further by work on my train line adding 30 minutes. Will probably have to leave for work at 7.30... And I'm still not home yet from tonight's shift. Stupid buses replacing trains. Aargh!!

Anyhow, it's past midnight now, so happy Australia Day/Chinese New Year!

Blademaster
25th January 2009, 03:10 PM
You Australians are 15 hours ahead per day, but you're 26 days BEHIND per year?

TIME PARADOX DETECTED. ABORT. ABORT.

Houndoom_Lover
26th January 2009, 06:16 PM
Australia day! ^__^

What's it like? And yay year of the Ox! ...The Ox is my opposite sign in the chinese zodiac -w- Uptight and outdoorsy.

To the outback!!!...Steak house.

PancaKe
26th January 2009, 07:19 PM
Yay happy year of the Ox.

I'm a dragon :)

DarkTemplarZero
27th January 2009, 04:19 PM
Never noticed Chinese New Year until this year. Because I have an Asus laptop which is currently suffering from video card breakdown, but Asus is based in Taiwan so all their tech support has the week off for Chinese New Year >.< . Fail.