PDA

View Full Version : I can't remember...

PancaKe
26th January 2009, 09:01 PM
I hate it when I have a thousand accounts for things, and I just can't remember what password I've used for one. Usually it's when they specify different character amounts that I get all flustered and confused and can't remember my password. :(

But yeah; that's not too bad.

What things do you guys forget/have you forgotten? Etc. Or can't you remember? ahahahahaha i'm so lame.

RedStarWarrior
26th January 2009, 10:25 PM
For non-essential accounts, I typically use one of several passwords.

Anyway, I forget birthdays easily. I'm just not a date person...

classy_cat18
26th January 2009, 10:46 PM
I can't remember more distant relatives of my family. Like my grandmother's aunt's cousin that I'm supposed to remember because he/she comes over every Thanksgiving for ten minutes.

MToolen
26th January 2009, 11:05 PM
I have the same problem, classy. My dad's dad has eleven siblings. I tried working out a mnemonic one time-something about Minnnie Mouse riding on a Rose?-but you can see how that can get ridiculous.

Crystal Mew
27th January 2009, 01:21 AM
Today I forgot a co-workers name, and it seriously took me 5 minutes of thinking about it till I finally remembered.

I must be under a lot of stress :(

passwords I usually remember, and I dont really have that bad of memory. only sometimes, lol

mr_pikachu
27th January 2009, 01:52 AM
I've got at least a dozen different passwords for various things. Generally, if I can't remember my password, I'll just try all of them in sequence (as well as various amalgams that I occasionally use) until something works.

Now, if we're talking about people's names, I rarely remember my own. Most of that time I'm just that guy with the things who does that stuff.

Crazy Elf Boy
27th January 2009, 08:22 AM
I mainly only use a a few passwords and many variations there upon, but generaly my memory is on the other end of the spectrum sometimes it remembers too much useless information it pushes out all the useful stuff it really annoys me sometimes

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th January 2009, 11:01 PM
I mainly only use a a few passwords and many variations there upon, but generaly my memory is on the other end of the spectrum sometimes it remembers too much useless information it pushes out all the useful stuff it really annoys me sometimes

That's the problem with knowing several languages, too. In a Swedish class, when I need an Swedish word, it may come ot my mind in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese or something but not in Swedish.

Magmar
28th January 2009, 11:23 AM
People's names........
I know EVERYONE at my school, and I can't go anywhere without a million high 5's and shit... but I don't know who any of them are!
that's what I get for throwing parties at freshman orientations the last few years...

Crystal Mew
28th January 2009, 12:59 PM
Haha isn't it awkward when people know you but you don't know them...thats like at my job, all these people know who I am but I dont know who they are. I just pretend that I do

Fett One
28th January 2009, 01:01 PM

I'm the same way. I can remember a ton of useless stuff but I can't remember the important things. For example, I can tell you what I ate for lunch and dinner on January 26th, 2006 but I couldn't tell you what I learned in my classes that day.

Magmar, I have the same problem. Everybody at work knows who I am but I only know the names for maybe less than half of them.

midnightangel
28th January 2009, 01:53 PM
Since I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Squat) quite often, I keep a small book of names and passwords I use on various forums. Now if I can only remember where I put the book...j/k :P

And I'm terrible with names. If I see the person frequently, it's different--I remember. But if it's someone I worked with a while ago, or if it's someone I graduated with, then forget it.
I ran into someone while I was at Sonic about a week ago. I remembered her face despite the fact she changed a bit, but I couldn't remember her name until she told me.
That's bad.

On the other hand, I'm better with directions (if it's local) and with spelling. I have another co-worker that forever asks me to spell a word--medical or not.

Dark Scizor
28th January 2009, 03:39 PM
It's annoying when you lock yourself out trying out what different passwords you might have used.

Shadow Wolf
28th January 2009, 07:19 PM
"remembers a situation

Dad - So uh yeah, here are $20. Buy me bread, milk, eggs, the newspaper and fill the car with $5 of gas.

*goes to the store, takes bread, milk eggs, but forgets the newspaper.

...when arrives at the gas station, notices a stack of newspapers and remembers, buys a newspaper and puts $10 of gas into the car.

...at home.*

Dad - Lou, how much money did you spent...

Me - About... oh shoot! :sweat:

Dad - Great... just great! :mad: "

That, and many times that I left somewhere my car keys, my wallet, my cellphone, my backpack...but don't remember where I left 'em. :sweat2:

PancaKe
28th January 2009, 10:20 PM
It's annoying when you lock yourself out trying out what different passwords you might have used.

roflmao.

I hate it when I've been introduced to a person and forget their name, because there is no way you can tell them this afterwards without it being mega awkward. I've been serving this customer a flat white on skim every morning at 7am for the last year, and I only learnt her name today.

Crystal Mew
29th January 2009, 01:20 AM
OH GOSH. I just remembered something today. on tuesday I had a quiz in math, and my teacher is insane...anyway, he confused me cause he was like "ok on the quiz do this, NOT THIS" ...as in plotting continuous numbers on bar graphs. well on the quiz I totally spaced out and was like "wait...which way is the right way..." and today I just remembered the real way to do it, and I did it how he said not to on the actual quiz :(

I feel so stupid...!

firepokemon
29th January 2009, 05:21 AM
I can't remember where I placed my penis. I went for a pee and it then disappeared. How unfortunate.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
29th January 2009, 06:46 AM
I tend to be a name-person, but I can't remember dates. I suck at birthdays and such, which is really annoying.