PDA

View Full Version : Episode Synopsis *SPOILER* (Beginning of AG!)

Zak
12th December 2002, 09:12 PM
277: A New Land! A New Adventure!

One fine nice day in Houen… a young 10 year old girl named Haruka rides her bike through the woods, on her way to Professor Odamaki(who happens to be a friend of her father)’s lab. She’s going there, because it’s also a place to start out at becoming a Pokemon trainer, however, her own intention is just to travel…
Suddenly, as she’s going through the woods… a Yomawaru passes by, and Haruka gets so scared she practically shrieks and falls off her bike! After a while, Yomawaru leaves, as Haruka gets back up, all shaky, and continues pedaling towards Mishiro Town! Then, she gets to a point where she can see Mishiro Town in the distance, and wishes herself best of luck.
Meanwhile, our old friend Ash Ketchum is on the ship, and like Haruka, he’s headed for Odamaki’s lab. But since his Pikachu is in terrible shape, he’s gonna have to stop at the Pokemon center first.
Meanwhile, J&J are still on that ship to Mishiro Town, not knowing where its going. Then they argue about what they’re doing there, and finally remember they were following Pikachu… so they decide to just get off where it takes them.
Later, when Ash gets to Mishiro Town, he quickly asks where the Pokemon center is—but to his dismay, there is no Pokemon Center in this town! Ash then gets really worried, because of Pikachu’s condition… so he tries to connect with Odamaki’s lab. However, someone else answers, who happens to be one of his assistants, and he tells him that Odamaki’s busy with fieldwork! However, he says there still may be some hope for Pikachu, so he tells Ash to wait at the harbor and not move… so he sits on a bench with Pikachu, and waits.
Minutes pass… Ash waits patiently… and suddenly, a jeep pulls up, skidding to a stop, and Odamaki comes out. Ash quickly shows him Pikachu… and Odamaki, unfortunately, says that this is a very serious case! So, Odamaki gives them a quick ride to his lab for an examination.
As they examine Pikachu during the ride, Odamaki notes that this is the “Electrification condition”, which makes Pikachu not be able to emit any electricity it collects. So Odamaki then asks Ash if Pikachu has been exposed to strong magnetism recently, and then Ash remembers the “Super-electromagnet” trick they pulled back on the ship! Then, Odamaki finally understands. He starts to treat Pikachu… but he gets startled from overheating, and startles Odamaki so much that the jeep swerves into the woods! After some tough navigation and direction, they finally get to the lab.
At the lab, Odamaki and his assistant use a machine to store Pikachu’s electricity it generates… but Pikachu doesn’t seem to like it! Suddenly, the machine overheats so much, that it explodes, and Pikachu escapes from the lab! As Ash pursues after Pikachu with Odamaki, Odamaki asks if he has any Pokemon good against electricity… but apparently he deposited all his Pokemon with Oak. So Odamaki grabs the three Pokeballs on his desk, puts them in the bag, and runs off. His assistant is a bit nervous about the lack of Pokemon when Haruka comes, so Odamaki just tells him to tell her to wait for him.
Meanwhile, J&J are watching, and decide to follow Ash and co… anyways, Odamaki catches up with Ash, and explains about how there was so much electricity that it caused an explosion. Eventually, Ash and Odamaki decide to split up, and find Pikachu in different areas.
Back at the lab, Haruka arrives on her bike, and the assistant tells her that he’s out with another trainer, looking for Pikachu. Haruka, desperate for adventure, goes off looking for them. Meanwhile, Ash is desperately searching the woods, calling Pikachu’s name. As for Odamaki… he apparently ran so fast, he tripped and fell off a small cliff… onto a sleeping Pochiena! Pochiena wakes up, and Odamaki apologizes slowly… however, Pochiena calls to its friends, two more Pochiena. They seem to be very angry, and start chasing Odamaki around… until he finally climbs up a nearby tree and escapes ^^;.
A little later, Haruka arrives in that area, finding Odamaki asking for help. Apparently his bag was still up there, so Odamaki tells Haruka to quickly take one of the Pokemon from his bag. Confused, Haruka pauses for a second, throws a Pokeball… and out comes Mudkip! Odamaki quickly tells her to tell it to use Water Gun… just as the tree branch breaks, and the Pochiena continue chasing him… Haruka, confused, tells Mudkip to use Water Gun, and, it does so… soaking the Pochiena and scaring them off!
Odamaki returns Mudkip, thanks Haruka… and then realizes he needs to find Pikachu! Meanwhile, Ash has found him… but as he approaches, Pikachu doesn’t seem to notice his face, so he shocks him. Odamaki and Haruka see this in the distance… so they quickly head over there! Just as they arrive, Pikachu escapes from Ash’s hands (he managed to calm it) and runs off… Ash chases after him through the woods, until he runs off a cliff… Ash jumps off too… reaches for Pikachu… and just manages to grab him as he grabs a tree. Just as they’re wondering how to get up, Odamaki and Haruka throw down a rope. Ash starts climbing, but Pikachu gives him some trouble, i.e. threatening to shock, and biting his hand… eventually Ash makes it up there safely with Pikachu!
Ash thenks Odamaki and Haruka, Pikachu apologzies and licks the bruise he made on Ash’s arm, as they start to head back to the lab to treat Pikachu… but then who is to appear but J&J, in a huge mechanical battery! Before they attack, they reintroduce themselves (Team Rocket aren’t very well known in the Houen region), and explain their mission to capture Pikachu. Ash hold on to Pikachu desperately, but the claw catches him. Jessie pulls a lever, and then a machine comes and grabs at Pikachu’s cheeks, getting ready to absorb electricity! However, she screwed up a bit with the controls, and HEALED Pikachu by mistake! Odamaki gasps, as Pikachu lets out several shocks of joy… and accidently fries Haruka’s bike, as she falls over. A bit later, TR’s battery get overheated, as they explode, and blast off J.
Back at the lab, Odamaki and his assistant are gonna put Pikachu to sleep, this time in a more gentle way. Then, Haruka walks in, and saves herself from almost knocking over a vase. Afterwards, she goes up to Ash’s room, to make sure Pikachu is OK, and she finds them both sleeping, and wishes them luck in her heart, as she closes the door before he notices her.
The next morning, Odamaki has Haruka choose her first Pokemon, as he sets the three Pokeballs on the desk. First, he takes out Treecko. Ash seems to find that one kind of cool, but Haruka seems a bit frightened. Next, he takes out Mudkip. Haruka remembers it from the Pochiena incident… and decides not to take it, because it had trouble listening to her before. Then, the final Pokeball is opened to reveal the Fire type Torchic! Ash seems to admire it, and so does Haruka. Torchic then runs up to Haruka’s foot, and pecks her on the leg, in a friendly way. Haruka seems to admire Torchic the most, so Torchic it is. Odamaki gives her Torchic’s Pokeball, followed by 6 empty Pokeballs, and a Pokedex. Ash, remembering his first day, wishes Haruka the best of luck. Haruka thanks him… even though her main intention isn’t becoming a trainer. Plus, she’s a bit annoyed at Ash for ruining her bike… but then she remembers it wasn’t his fault at all… it was all Pikachu. Later that night, Haruka opens the door a crack to Ash’s room, and seems to be amused at how well Pikachu and Ash get along… and realizes no one is to blame of the bike thing, and that Ash is actually a pretty good trainer. Embarrased, she closes the door before she could notice him.
The next morning, Pikachu and Torchic seem to be getting along well, playing outside the lab. Ash laughs, and realizes Pikachu and Torchic are gonna make great friends on the journey, if not a couple. However, Haruka isn’t too sure about this… as she gazes at the burnt bike.
Later at breakfast, Odamaki tells them about the Houen league, and Ash deicdes he definitely wants to participate! So, Odamaki tells them to first stop at the Pokemon Center in Kotoki Town, where they can get directions, and sign up. After they eat, Ash and Haruka get their stuff, wave goodbye, as they start their journey and head for Kotoki Town!

~Zak

Damian Silverblade
12th December 2002, 09:45 PM
See M2too? She appears to forgive Satoshi right in the first epi over the bike.

Even if it became an excuse, we have evidence Kasumi didn't forgive him until the episode where she got it back - if then. ;)

RJdude
12th December 2002, 09:52 PM
Wait, so Ash doesn't get Treecko in this episode? When does he get it, then?

Good synopsis, Zak. I can't wait for this episode in english.

Murgatroyd
12th December 2002, 09:57 PM
I hope to be able to get a copy of this episode soon. If I do, I should be able to clear up any questions.

Ratiosu
13th December 2002, 09:43 AM
I can send it to you if you want

Murgatroyd
13th December 2002, 01:51 PM
Not necessary. I got it late last night, and am about to watch it.

Kasumi Chan
13th December 2002, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the synopsis Zak. I was looking forward to read it.

Well, seems Haruka is quite a different character. She doesn't want to be a trainer, she only wants to travel. And seems she admires Ash at some point.

RaichuRocks
13th December 2002, 02:24 PM
wow! great synopsis Zak!

your the best!

Crystal Vulpix
13th December 2002, 02:52 PM
I saw pictures from this episode today. Haruka looks great! She is the best!

PikachuRocks
13th December 2002, 02:53 PM
Thanks alot for the guide,Zak.

Lt. Surge
13th December 2002, 02:58 PM
Hakura looks, um, developed for a 10 year old.

Chris 2.1
14th December 2002, 04:01 AM
thanks for the synop zak ^^

i like the sound of that episode; Haruka seems an interesting character. I think she'll evolve it to Wakashamo and leave it at that.

RJdude: Episode 283: Treecko forest! protect the big tree!

Crystal Mew
14th December 2002, 11:10 AM
Thanks Zak ^_~
great snyopsis,I cant wait to see the new season AG
I think it will be a great series..even if misty isnt in it =x

Great job~

RedStarWarrior
14th December 2002, 01:33 PM
Lovely...I just wish that they didn't redo the bike thing.