PDA

View Full Version : Christian Bale goes loco

Zak
4th February 2009, 05:29 PM
Where's the thread about this...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/02/bale-went-ballistic

WARNING: THIS AUDIO CONTAINS GRAPHIC LANGUAGE

You may remember that Christian Bale went nuts on the set of "Terminator Salvation" a few months back, threatening to stop production and beat some serious ass.

The incident was audiotaped, and it's amazing. It happened on the set after a director of photography accidentally ruined a scene by walking onto the set. Bale lost it, screaming, yelling and threatening to quit if the bosses didn't fire the dude.

Film execs sent the tape to the insurance company that insured the film in case Bale bailed.

Audio Link (WARNING NSFW): http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3

So what do you think? I am personally very shocked, I mean I heard about the family assault thing, but I figured that was just some stupid thing the media was blowing out of proportion and it blew over in a week, which it did.

This truly is scary, I'd hate to be on that set I'd literally be thinking he was about go Patrick Bateman on their asses. It may have brought some respect points down, but for all I know he could have had some other stuff going on or been on PCP or something. Even if he may be a jerk in real life, he's very talented and I've never seen a film where I didn't like him.

Some people say this ruined the hype for T4, but not for me! I've actually recently gotten into that franchise and I remember before even hearing that there was gonna be a 4th one, randomly thinking that he should be the older John if there is one. How funny is that.

Hope they work the whole thing out... as much as I am looking forward to T4, I'll have to try hard not to think about that incident when watching it. But if it is as good as the other ones and as good as the trailer makes it out to be I'm sure I'll have forgotten about it a half hour in.

Discuss.

Roy Karrde
4th February 2009, 08:20 PM
Sadly for me its going to be like Tom Cruise, he can act like a absolute nut job, but I get so engrossed into the movies that I completely forget about the actor's previous attitude.

Although I do wonder, did he tell the guy that he was the "God Damn Batman" while screaming at him?

Blademaster
4th February 2009, 10:38 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh, that was great... That was the best thing since Cruise started doing backflips on Oprah. :rotfl:

Heald
5th February 2009, 11:10 AM
High-profile actors are amongst a select few people who get to act like complete dicks and no one can do anything about it, others being top athletes or sports professionals and high-ranking media professionals (e.g. moguls, hosts etc.) due to the amount of value they command. If this studio had shown him the door because of this incident, they'd have ruined the film and had to start afresh and another studio would just lap him up.

It's Russell Crowe and other insane actors all over again. Some actors are awesome (De Niro, Sean Connery) but of course you're going to get your fair share of dicks, and it is just more sustenance for the cancer that is gossip and society pages.

Jeff
5th February 2009, 12:39 PM
A local radio station that I listen to has started using the "Oh good for you" as a sound effect. I didn't get it until I heard that. What an incredible clip full of hilarity and f-bombs.

Drago
5th February 2009, 09:56 PM
It'll be interesting to see how this affects his career in the future; who's going to avoid working with Christian Bale, now that they can hear for themselves just what a prick he really is? Also adds some validity to those assault claims before The Dark Knight... Interesting.

http://scienceblogs.com/intersection/God.jpg
And he said... let there be light!
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/red/blue_pics/2007/03/23/americanpsycho460.jpg
And he said... I'll kick your ass and trash your lights.

The Blue Avenger
5th February 2009, 10:40 PM
Two things:

One, it's already been remixed. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48)

Two, here's a good alternate perspective on the whole thing. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39984)

Drago
6th February 2009, 01:24 AM
Two, here's a good alternate perspective on the whole thing. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39984)
Cute, but when you're being paid millions of dollars to live your dream as an actor, you shut your goddamn face and get over it. I don't care how long a day it was, or how many takes they had to do, it's acting. I'm sick of all the people gushing over how hard it is to be a big-time celebrity - you pull that in the real world, you best believe you're out of a job. Celebrities have always been given an armful of mulligans and always will, and it will never win my sympathy.

The Blue Avenger
6th February 2009, 05:48 AM
DragoKnight: It's not just that it was a long day, it's that one of the guys on the set was being repeatedly unprofessional in a way that not only is completely counter to how you're supposed to be working in the first place, but is also incredibly distracting. Plus, Bale was in the middle of a very heavy scene - if he thought he was on the ball for that scene - that it was going to be the take - I can definitely understand his reaction.

Long story short, it's not just Bale's problem here. The guy he was yelling out was being just as unprofessional.

Drago
6th February 2009, 06:51 AM
Granted, but it's the director's job to chew him out. This isn't Christian Bale's Terminator, this is Terminator starring Christian Bale. Such a tirade on-set certainly doesn't make the process any quicker and easier.
I'm not saying Bale had no right to be upset, but his reaction was totally out of line and he should be subject to all the backlash he's receiving. He's a prima donna.

The Blue Avenger
6th February 2009, 09:14 AM
Fair enough; I do agree that it's the director's job to take care of that, but considering the guy had been messing with the lights a while, I guess Bale figured the director wasn't gonna be much help.

I'm not condoning Bale's actions, just to note. I just have seen a bunch of people blaming Bale totally for this when quite a few people would be doing the same if confronted with someone like the guy he was chewing out. Gotta put blame where it's due. :P

Crystal Mew
7th February 2009, 10:07 AM
Wow, he definitely has some anger issues, lol.

oh the life of a celebrity must be so hard

Heald
7th February 2009, 01:26 PM
Bale has come out and said he was method acting, so that wasn't really Bale yelling at that chump, it was John Connor.

lulz

Blademaster
7th February 2009, 03:58 PM
......Huh?

OK, Bale's gone from a 6 to a 9 on the potentially-insane-o-meter.

DarkestLight
8th February 2009, 08:32 AM
It was John Conner yelling-because we all know T-1000's are everywhere, HAHAH Oh Batman, go get bitten by a dog ;(

DarkTemplarZero
8th February 2009, 06:08 PM
Wow, and I always thought Christian Bale didn't have emotions. After 3:10 to Yuma, I was convinced that Bale was physically incapable of smiling or being angry.