PDA

View Full Version : Secret Escape Plan

PancaKe
10th February 2009, 07:23 PM
I know you all do this. Don't lie.

When I'm at home alone, and I hear noises in my house - I always have a secret escape plan that I can use just in case it really is someone actually breaking in to the house. Or if there's a fire, I have an escape all mapped out in my head.

Usually my plan involves running out the nearest window. So if someone comes through the front door, I run out the bathroom window. And if there's a fire, out the window. It's handy for living in a one story house.

It's silly though, because usually the noises are things like birds in the roof, or you know those creeks the house makes when its "settling"? yeah those. Or when the fridge returns on in teh middle of the night and makes the big brrrrrrrrph noise. Those things make me plan out my escape haha.

And I know everyone else has secret escape plans as well. What are yours?

Jeff
10th February 2009, 07:50 PM
I'd leave through the nearest window or door if I was on the bottom floor. If I was on the second floor, I'd just have to make a break for a door or the stairs. We have two doors upstairs, but neither of them is near the upstairs bedrooms, so if I was in one of them I'd be in trouble. Lucky for me, my bedroom's downstairs.:D

Magmar
10th February 2009, 08:32 PM
I have plenty of room under my bed that I could hide if the guy was jacked and I couldn't take him.

Crazy Elf Boy
10th February 2009, 09:11 PM
I don't have an escape plan. I have a zombie plan though.

mr_pikachu
10th February 2009, 10:32 PM
I actually don't have an escape plan - realistically, if I had to flee, the only conceivable option would be the window in whatever room I happened to be occupying. However, I do construct battle plans. The best places in which to jump someone are important, for instance (taking into account lighting as well as anticipated use of firearms in home invasions). My goal is basically to get the invader into close combat where they can't take advantage of ranged weapons, disarm them, and beat the living crap out of them.

I also have specific methods for scouting my apartment for hidden intruders in case I find my door unlocked before I return. The basic idea is to keep someone from sneaking from a room I haven't yet examined to one I've already checked while my back is turned.

DarkestLight
10th February 2009, 10:35 PM
I live 14 flights up. I'm jumping out of NO window unless I have my hang glider near by. Too bad it cant fit out the window though -.0

So, my escape plan really is to take my Super Soaker 3000 and beat him with it, before reaching a room that has a knife or a shirt some other weapon I could squarely fight with.

My bedroom needs offensive weaponry... blankets are too long. Thanks PancaKe, now I'm gonna work on this tonight,lol.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th February 2009, 11:10 PM
Well I'd have hard time escaping because I live in an apartment building but let me tell you another escape story. When I was at school, at least if I couldn't sit near a certain girl, I usually sit as near the door as possible. That's handy if something frightening happens. Actually, it also helps you to get to be the first in a queue. But what if something frightening comes in from the door...?

MToolen
10th February 2009, 11:10 PM
DL, I read your post up to "Super Soaker 3000" and had a nice picture in my head... that completely and, to me, comically switched when you added the "beat him with it" part.

I personally go with the window plan as I live in the basement. However, I usually contrive convoluted plans for doing things efficiently even before I get up to do them.