PDA

View Full Version : Pokemaster Kevin

shazza
18th February 2009, 08:36 AM
Do you guys not rage the fuck out sometimes when you realise the webmaster of this place hasn't posted in over two years?

I remember when he was this big anti-social guy who seldom drank alcohol, but apparently he's now a manslut with a deteriorating liver.

Let's all make up stories on what he gets upto that distracts him so much from posting on his pokémon message board.

inb4 he has his own web designing business.

Blademaster
18th February 2009, 09:11 AM
Kevin is TPM's equivalent of God. He made this place, became the head honcho, and then pissed off and now watches us from beyond the mortal realms, laughing at our screw-ups and taking sick pleasure in spying on our most private of activities here and across the Internets.

Somebody should make a Kevin Bible.

Magmar
18th February 2009, 10:19 AM
...why the hell are we concerned about this? we're just a pokemon message board... i think we've proven that anarchy does work. <3

Heald
18th February 2009, 11:21 AM
I wonder if Kevin has actually noticed we've had a reshuffle in the Misc Mod team.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
18th February 2009, 11:33 AM
I'm sure he drops by now and then to check if the place is actually still standing and hasn't got hacked or anything. That's all we can ask for really IMO.

PNT510
18th February 2009, 11:50 AM
I live(d) really close to Kevin's parents. I should go off his father and marry his mother. I could then rule TPM with an iron fist.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th February 2009, 10:37 PM
I've seen Kevin online on 13th of January this year, it was when I posted a Visitor Message to him.

Deism doesn't sound good to some people, but we have to consider that option. Though it makes praying in vain and miracles impossible, it gives us, human beings, more freedom. Freedom without gods. Deism is a philosophy where you believe the God created the universe and then abandoned it. Though Kevin did post when this forum was younger.

Zak
18th February 2009, 11:50 PM
If Kevin's still the same, he'll probably be posting in this thread soon.

shazza
19th February 2009, 02:18 AM
Even when the forum was younger, when one saw a post from Kevin it was indeed a rare occurrence. It was like finding a shiny Pokémon in GSC, maaan.

Andrew
19th February 2009, 02:43 AM
I always thought he was quite nice.

I guess he's just busy with life and stuff.

shazza
19th February 2009, 02:59 AM
I was never disputing his personality babe.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
19th February 2009, 03:04 AM
He's a mysterious ninja who hides in the shroud of darkness, stealing for a living, hunting down cheese and living on fried pickles.

<3 God.

RedStarWarrior
19th February 2009, 06:09 AM
Kevin has demodded me and banned me repeatedly.

I'm fine with him being absent.

Katie
19th February 2009, 07:08 PM
He doesn't give a rat's ass about pokemon or any of us, we should consider ourselves lucky that he doesn't just delete the entire forum and let us nerds freak right the fuck out :B

kazr
19th February 2009, 11:08 PM
It's hard to check the forums when you're 8 days deep in a meth fueled bender constantly peeking out the blinds to make sure the men in black suits aren't coming back to steal the rusty washing machine on your front lawn.

Rocking back and forth.. muttering... clutching the .38 close to your chest.

PancaKe
20th February 2009, 08:33 PM
Once I emailed Kevin to ask him where to find a dream eater TM. He replied and told me where to get it in RBY. Then I emailed and said "But what about GSC?" and he never replied.

The end

kainashi
21st February 2009, 07:13 AM
i miss kevin in #pbs. :(

MToolen
21st February 2009, 10:18 AM
It's hard to check the forums when you're 8 days deep in a meth fueled bender constantly peeking out the blinds to make sure the men in black suits aren't coming back to steal the rusty washing machine on your front lawn.

Rocking back and forth.. muttering... clutching the .38 close to your chest.

I just re-read that at a glance and thought you said a math fueled bender. Now that'd be funny.

"...but... how can x... *twitch* ...equal 2x times pi when the... *twitch* ...feds are coming for you, Kenmore..."

shazza
23rd February 2009, 08:57 AM
Kevin created our own world and community which we have aged with over the past 8 years and 11 months, we rely on TPM to interact with those we have known for years but never have actually met; and the off chance of meeting an old member that was your internet friend five years ago.

TPM is like a refuge and the sun of how this internet-social network communicates. Everyone falls back to this sun if they want to reunite to that part of their world.

But yeah if Kevin were to delete the forum it would be utter chaos.

Drago
23rd February 2009, 03:36 PM
If Kevin were to delete the forum, I suppose we'd retreat back into the darkness of an ezboard...
And we wouldn't want that to happen again.

Gavin Luper
23rd February 2009, 07:41 PM
If Kevin were to delete the forum, I suppose we'd retreat back into the darkness of an ezboard...
And we wouldn't want that to happen again.

I won't go back! I won't go back to that hellhole! Don't make me, Tony!

Katie
23rd February 2009, 09:08 PM
Ezboard doesn't even exist anymore, I think they were bought out. Someone from here would probably make a non-free board elsewhere, but I'd love to see the chaos at lost postcounts and reg dates since that's what a lot of people seem to care about most.

DarkestLight
23rd February 2009, 10:19 PM
Ezboard=Yuku now.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd February 2009, 11:08 PM
The most frequent poster at the Ezboard was Dark-san. I'm not saying he liked it, I don't know. I just remember people being happy because Little_Pikachu couldn't own their signatures anymore. But I myself actually left the message board after we got it back and left Ezboard, in August or September 2002. The reason was that I was bored and Sailor Moon began on Finnish TV. I just had this childish thought you can't be at TPM if you aren't a Pokefan. But after less than half a year I regained my interest on Pokemon and came back. Now TPM is still the most important forum in my life, and an important part of my life. I left a total of three times, but now hope to stay for good.

shazza
24th February 2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the diary entry.

Charles Legend
24th February 2009, 01:30 AM
Kevin is TPM's equivalent of God. He made this place, became the head honcho, and then pissed off and now watches us from beyond the mortal realms, laughing at our screw-ups and taking sick pleasure in spying on our most private of activities here and across the Internets.

Somebody should make a Kevin Bible. LOL XD

He's a mysterious ninja who hides in the shroud of darkness, stealing for a living, hunting down cheese and living on fried pickles.

<3 God. No Keven is more likly to stuff his face with Oreios then Cheese and fried pickles.

Even when the forum was younger, when one saw a post from Kevin it was indeed a rare occurrence. It was like finding a shiny Pokémon in GSC, maaan.I think I recall talking to him and Joe a few times on AIM

He doesn't give a rat's ass about pokemon or any of us, we should consider ourselves lucky that he doesn't just delete the entire forum and let us nerds freak right the fuck out :Band he would just be repeating himself then becuse he did that once when he ran out of cash to pay the bills.

Kevin created our own world and community which we have aged with over the past 8 years and 11 months, we rely on TPM to interact with those we have known for years but never have actually met; and the off chance of meeting an old member that was your internet friend five years ago.

TPM is like a refuge and the sun of how this internet-social network communicates. Everyone falls back to this sun if they want to reunite to that part of their world.

But yeah if Kevin were to delete the forum it would be utter chaos.True and it was back when he took down the site and the forms athought at the time I was not a member per say but still TPM was like the third web site I ever came across.

~Charles Legend

PancaKe
24th February 2009, 03:03 AM
If tpm died, a part of me would as well.

The sheer fact that as long as I have been coming to the internet, tpm has been there and been a home for me, scares me actually. There is like, 8 years of history here.

Do you think he would really delete us? Is he still paying for us?

shazza
24th February 2009, 04:02 AM
Tara, I think he doesn't really pay anything with the advertising.

Charles Legend, I used to talk to Kevin everyday on AIM; I recall a lot of the conversations were about him and Suzie and his troubles with her.

Good times man.

Andrew
24th February 2009, 04:08 AM
I wouldn't go to the EzBoard again. I'd probably lurk.

It's terrifying to think how much time TPM has sucked from my life.

Dark Scizor
27th February 2009, 04:51 AM
If tpm died, a part of me would as well.

The sheer fact that as long as I have been coming to the internet, tpm has been there and been a home for me, scares me actually. There is like, 8 years of history here.
This.

Also, I hated the switch to ezboard. I remember leaving after we started using that thing. That, and I see the switch to ezboard as the point when TPM died and passed the torch to Serebii.

Bad times.

Andrew
27th February 2009, 06:14 AM
i miss kevin in #pbs. :(

How is PBS nowadays?

kainashi
27th February 2009, 06:58 AM
dead most of the time but a lot of us are still there.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th February 2009, 07:01 AM
I'll never go serebii! It's my principle. I check the site plus Bulbapedia for Pokemon information right, as long as TPM hasn't its main page. But serebii.net forums, a place not for Mikachu Yukitatsu.

Mr.E
27th February 2009, 08:17 AM
Smogon is now my primary dwelling, since I stuck around with the competitive Pokémon community long enough to see it formed along with the rest of my IRC pals. I'm currently on pokémon hiatus until Garchomp is unbanned from standard.

I remember when I was totally going to be Admin here, then L_P registered, Kevin got that "omg girl on the internet" e-hard-on and I got hosed.

DarkestLight
27th February 2009, 08:28 AM
lol, that pissed you off too, Mr. E? Yeah-I'm mad about that too. It's not THAT hard to counter.

mvtm
10th March 2009, 06:59 PM
dead most of the time but a lot of us are still there.

:o I remember those days..
The fact is John, that i even forgot how to log in to IRC. Thinking about it,that was a nerd pool. hahahaha

Mr.E
16th March 2009, 07:08 PM
lol, that pissed you off too, Mr. E? Yeah-I'm mad about that too. It's not THAT hard to counter.

Until the last line, I thought you were talking about L_P.

free garchomp

The Blue Avenger
16th March 2009, 08:54 PM
What the hell? Garchomp got banned? Seriously?

Knux_The_Echidna
31st March 2009, 11:19 PM
I once asked Kevin a question about eggs in Gold and Silver. I can't remember what I asked, exactly. He replied after a few hours of idling.

That is the only time I ever saw him speak. I felt rather moved at the time, that I'd managed to get him to say something :P

Kirby
31st March 2009, 11:23 PM
Charles Legend, I used to talk to Kevin everyday on AIM; I recall a lot of the conversations were about him and Suzie and his troubles with her.

You mean how she used him to obtain admin status and "dumped" him? lol

firepokemon
1st April 2009, 06:46 AM
Remember when we had to pretend we though Kevin was hot. Even though those few photos he provided were ugly as fuck.

Magmar
1st April 2009, 04:01 PM
that's rude :( kevin was okay looking.