PDA

View Full Version : Screwing the System

Drago
10th March 2009, 09:05 AM
Everywhere we go, everything we do, we're always under the watchful eye of the man - the law, the authorities, the narks, whatever. We're expected to abide by their every rule, and woe betide any who dare stand against it.

I'm standing against the man at this very moment. I'm on a train out of the city with a concession ticket... But no concession card! That's right, my concession card ran dry at the end of February, so I should be paying twice as much for a full-fare ticket... But I'm not! If ticket inspectors jump on, I'm basically just as screwed as someone with no ticket at all, but that's the risk I'm willing to run to stick it to a public transport that's given me nothing but grief for three straight years.

So let's hear it TPM! What acts of rebellion have you commited against the system/your school/the local fish market/whoever? Have you gotten away clean? Or did you finally get caught out?
If they find this thread, we'll all go down together... But that's the risk we run! Viva!

Gavin Luper
10th March 2009, 09:59 AM
Cool thread.

I can't think of anything I've done against the law because I wanted to stick it to the man. Walked through the back gate of a random hotel one time with some mates at around midnight for some drunken skinny-dipping in their pool. We weren't staying at it. Rebellious, ay? ^_^ We got caught and kicked out by the security guard, and that was that.

I don't think I do stupid things for the right reasons, really. Your example is much better, imo.

Asilynne
10th March 2009, 07:53 PM
Two words- Pirated Software ^v^ Thats about the only bad thing Ive ever done, Im such a square ._.

DarkestLight
10th March 2009, 08:20 PM
Alright. My dirty laundry list is long. A few of the things I do.

1) Our job installed new time clocks that round up a few minutes. So if you come in at say 7:55-it rounds up to 8. I-ever since these clocks have been in effect have taken lunch at 1:37 (rounds up to 1:45) and clock back in at 2:22 (rounds Down to 2:15)-essentially giving me a 45 min lunch instead of 30 min cause they dun pay us enough to monitor my lunch that damn scrupulously.

2) I've been jumping subway terminals since I was 11. Not every time, no, but enough cause seriously, they have been cutting this system back and it hits hard, having to wake up earlier and earlier to get on one train so you aren't late? NO, hellz no.

shazza
11th March 2009, 10:23 AM
I sometimes screw with V/Line (Victorian rail network); sometimes I don't pay for a ticket and then just act all confident and never get asked. It's weird.

Today I went to buy a bottle of V energy drink and 'The Australian' at uni and the chick was like "just the V?" and I was all like "sure, why not?"

Also, one of the nightclubs in my hometown have a $10 entry fee. Everytime I go, 9 out of 10 times I try to avoid the security guard and sneak through. Fuck paying $10.

Crystal Mew
11th March 2009, 05:39 PM
Well, the most recent thing I did was drive a car with no insurance or registration on it for a month.

...oh wait. I got caught and had to go to court. WELP.......

PNT510
11th March 2009, 08:06 PM
I've been driving on a suspended drivers license for the past 4 months. They told me I didn't have insurance and I mailed them proof of insurance and they still suspended it anyways. I don't have the $125 to pay to get it back.

Drusilla
11th March 2009, 08:41 PM
I drove without insurance, title, or up-to-date stickers for several months... didn't get caught until I was on my way to fix it, actually. I lied through my teeth and said that I'd bought the car the previous weekend.:P

There's more, but nothing that I've really gotten away with. Well, there was that time in high school where I skipped Geometry for two weeks straight and didn't get busted... until the report cards came out, and I had to retake the entire semester... Major bummer.

Crystal Mew
12th March 2009, 01:32 AM
luckily the judge dismissed it because I got it registered and insured (actually, the car was insured when I got pulled over, I did it the day before and hadn't printed out the temporary papers for it yet) by the time of my court hearing, so that was wonderful.

Court is very interesting, you get to see and hear different stories on why different people are in trouble with the law. very entertaining. lol

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
12th March 2009, 02:04 AM
I drove without insurance

That's against the law where you live? o.o

I think I'm too goody-two-shoes for this thread, the only thing I do all the time is crossing the street when the lights are red - by foot that is, I don't have a car. Don't see why I should wait a minute when no cars are on the street anyway.

Arnen
12th March 2009, 03:55 AM
I usually don't break the law just for the sake of it - but if I think a law's stupid? Screw it. :P

For instance... I usually obey most traffic laws, because I recognize that they (for the most part) are reasonable guidelines for how not to become a smear on the pavement. But pirated software? If I can get it safe, I'll go for it. Don't really need to bother with pirating movies, though, since the library system here kicks ass (you can rent movies, books, CDs, even games from any library in the state, for free, just for having a library card <3).

I also sneak snacks and drinks into the movies nearly every time I go to the theatre. Not exactly "against the law", but four dollars for licorace? I'd rather pay a buck and have to hoard it in my purse.

Little_Pikachu
12th March 2009, 07:46 PM
Well I don't break the law, but I go out of my way to make sure I abuse every loop hole inbetween.

My rather tame example~ At every supermarket they have "parent and child" parking spaces. I know my rights, I can't park in a disabled parking space without a badge, but there is no law which says I can't use a parent and child parking space, it is just a suggestion!! So I do go out of my way to ensure that I take one of these spaces every time I go shopping and I can't wait for the day that someone confronts me about it.

I have a long list of arguements ready, everything from the good old "why are you persecuting me for not contributing to overpopulation?" to various lies about how it isn't my fault I'm infertile and I deserve the right to a decent parking space as much as anyone else.

I really do not envy the employee who finally plucks up the courage to ask why I'm parking there. Been doing it for many years and never been confronted though.

Anyway, breaking the law is not cool and I do not endorse it in this topic. However, abusing legal loopholes is hugely encouraged.

Crystal Mew
12th March 2009, 10:29 PM
Well I don't break the law, but I go out of my way to make sure I abuse every loop hole inbetween.

My rather tame example~ At every supermarket they have "parent and child" parking spaces. I know my rights, I can't park in a disabled parking space without a badge, but there is no law which says I can't use a parent and child parking space, it is just a suggestion!! So I do go out of my way to ensure that I take one of these spaces every time I go shopping and I can't wait for the day that someone confronts me about it.

Ooh, they have something like those here, but I've only seen them at the mall and they are for pregnant or new mothers. I'm tempted to always park there, and if someone confronts me I'd be like "I'm 2 months pregnant!!! who are you to say anything!"

haha, one day I may get the nerve to do it

Asilynne
12th March 2009, 10:49 PM
Well after reading these I realise Im a lil badder than I thought cause I do some of these ^-^() also one time when I was 17 I was having a little crisis, since I would be 18 soon and not having done anything really bad I wanted to get it out of my system before I could get punished as an adult for it. So, at this one chinese restaurant me and my sister went into the bathroom and tp'ed the whole bathroom, put soap all over the sink and mirror and wrote "haha" in the soap on the mirror and just all around did little things to mess up the bathroom. Not completely "bad" I guess but it got it out of my system in a relatively harmless way lol. Didnt get caught either :D