PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi problem

Blademaster
10th March 2009, 08:48 PM
Pokemon Diamond doesn't work in my DS. 'Cuz I used to use it on my DS Lite's Wi-Fi before said DS Lite bungee-jumped to its death.

Now when I try to connect to Wi-Fi on my DS in Pokemon Diamond, I get an error saying the two aren't compatible. The DS then asks me if I wanna make the cartridge compatible with it, but when I try that, i get a 'No compatible access point in range.' message.

Help?

DarkestLight
11th March 2009, 06:11 AM
Does your DS have the same settings as your DS lite (meaning does it have the same router configuration)?

Blademaster
11th March 2009, 06:58 AM
No clue. If you mean if it connects to the same thing that my DS Lite connected to to use Wi-Fi, then no - we had to replace our crappy Comcast modem a few months ago. With a new crappy Comcast modem.

Jeff
11th March 2009, 07:14 AM
Is it a wireless modem? Sounds like the DS isn't compatible with the new one. If that's the case you could check the online charts to see if you just need to manually set the IP address or something, if it's completely incompatible you'll probably need a wireless router (I don't think Nintendo offers the wifi adapter anymore). The charts used to be at http://www.nintendowifi.com, but that's not around anymore, so you'll have to go digging for them.

Ultimate Charizard
11th March 2009, 07:34 AM
Unfortunately the Wii and the DS use an outdated form of Wireless card. Its similar to the one that initially came out for laptops when wireless became popular. This is also the reason why they dont work if you use the modern, more secure, security settings.

I had to reset my router back to its factory settings and now my Wii and DS both say the WEP key im entering isnt valid despite me checking/changing it multiple times.

Blademaster
11th March 2009, 01:22 PM
So if I wanna use my DS for anything Wi-Fi, I'm essentially screwed?

Heald
11th March 2009, 01:59 PM
By the sounds of it, yes.

When it comes to anything related to online, 'user-friendly' is never a phrase I hear when Nintendo attempts anything.

DarkestLight
11th March 2009, 04:09 PM
Strange. My Wii and DS work fine with my Router and the WEP settings I have.

Blade, I'd first suggest you try to reconfigure your DS wireless settings so it can be in tune with the new modem, as Jeff suggested. Otherwise, yes, a router may be what you need :o.

Btw UC-I'm sure you have, but just in case, you do have a few of the updates for the Wii correct? My router had the same problem for a bit back in the beginning, and so I tried it with no password, got a connection, downloaded a few updates and then switched my settings to a more secure WEP-and the Wii and DS work fine :o.