PDA

View Full Version : The RPG Forum Moderator Application

Weasel Overlord
15th March 2009, 09:36 AM
Hello RPers, one and all! As you are all no doubt well aware, our beloved Kalah is leaving the flock (sob) to greener pastures. That is, other forums, not… uh… death. You know what I mean. Anyway, this leaves your lovely RPG mods in a bit of fix, because we need a new mod to replace our somewhat irreplaceable Kalah.

This is where you guys come in! Instead of us simply picking a mod out of the scurvy lot of you, we have decided to shamelessly plagiarise Fanfic and ASB, who also shamelessly plagiarised Fanfic and hold a Moderator Application Extravaganza! More boringly known as the RPG Moderator Application.

In this, your task is simple. Just fill out the handy form provided below, post it in this topic, and wait. You will have two weeks to get your application in, and then once the two weeks are over, we will announce our decision within a month.

Application Deadline: Monday 30th March

So, onto the form:

Name: Real names please!
Why do you want to be an RPG mod?:
What could you bring to the RPG forum as a moderator?:
Your strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other: Any other comments you think might be relevant.

A final note: this thread is not, I repeat not, an excuse for RPG politics. Anyone engaging in such activities will be warned.

Drusilla
15th March 2009, 10:08 AM
*jumps into the fray*

Name: Guh... Eileen ><
Why do you want to be an RPG mod?: I have a dream... wait, wrong speech. Well, to be honest, it HAS been a dream of mine for the past forevers. I love the RPG forum, and have been a part of the fight to keep it afloat. More importantly, I love y'all, each and every one of you. Srsly. It would be an honor to serve as an RPG mod. 'Cause, if you're doing it right, it is a serving position... at least, that's my opinion of it. Sue me.
What could you bring to the RPG forum as a moderator?: Cookies? I have a hardworking dedication that I can unleash... FEEL THE FURY! I have found that I can inspire people as well every once in a while, and inspiration is the heart of what we do here.
Your strengths: I don't have much going on in my life, other than dealing with my crazy better half (really, he's crazier than I am...). As a result, I have lots of free time on my hands, which makes me available to do things like help others, which I absolutely love to do. I'm also a people person, and settling conflict is something that I do naturally.
Weaknesses: Cookies. Easily distracted by shiny things and emotional upheavals. When the drama hits the fan in my real life, I tend to dry up as far as creativity goes. Not that there's much going on along those lines right now (again, excluding the boyfriend drama, but I'm used to that by now...), nor do I expect much in the future, but one never knows.
Other: That evil Other again... *passes out sweets to bribe people*

Bear
15th March 2009, 11:30 AM
Name: James
Why do you want to be an RPG mod?: I've always wanted to be a mod here, and I would like to see the rejuvenation of the forum under my watch. I love being involved and watching over people, and especially love helping out!
What could you bring to the RPG forum as a moderator?: Strong leadership skills, charisma, maturity, literacy
Your strengths: I've been a member of this forum since its first year, so I've seen and been a part of everything that has happened here. I'm an experienced writer and RPer, so I bring wisdom to the position. I also have many years of managerial experience in my IRL jobs, so I offer a keen sense of duty and procedure.
Weaknesses: Recently returned to TPM after a couple year absence. IRL job situation is up in the air, but I doubt my free time will be an issue.
Other: Should I? Maybe not...wait...maybe...OK...I bake a mean cheesecake!

Mew Master
15th March 2009, 12:21 PM
Name: Dennis D Roth
Why do you want to be an RPG mod?: I suppose I’ve wanted the chance to be big and important. But seriously, I want to help out more and more with the Forums and stimulate ideas. I want to try and bring people together to work out a good story from their characters, rather than concentrate on one over everyone else. The game is about the journey and the characters more than it is about who can destroy a whole city or can’t be hit by anything. I want to try and emphasize that along with the individual characters that we all bring together. I also want to help re-vamp some of our good ideas that have… let’s be honest, fallen apart or are not as effective as they once were.
What could you bring to the RPG forum as a moderator?: Drive. Ambition. An imaginative mind that can think outside the box. A problem solver. Artistic thinking. Someone who everyone can come to with concerns or issues, whether they be board related or personal.
Your strengths: I have an over-active imagination when I’m bored. I enjoy scouring the boards looking at new RPG ideas that grab my attention. I can write, and am fairly detailed in my posts. I’m detailed, and I can help flesh out some ideas for RPGs if people are having a hard time developing theirs. I’m always either on AIM or MSN for bugging, plot-devices, character interaction, Chat-RP, or just the usual bullshite. I’m friendly, fairly charismatic, and my interests cover a wide range of topics and genre. I’ve also been on the boards for over 8 years and have participated in some famous RPGs, and continue to enjoy the activity.
Weaknesses: Stubborn. A bit of a temper (though that takes quite a bit to get going). A Graduate Student, so time may become an issue in some things. Sometimes I speak before I think, which is a common problem with human males I’ve noticed.
Other: (Insert witty quip here)

Crystal Tears
15th March 2009, 05:42 PM
Name: Sierra
Why do you want to be an RPG mod?: Because RPG is my home, and I want to have a shot leading it. I want to see how creative I can be trying to bring new life to the forum.
What could you bring to the RPG forum as a moderator?: There’s not really much you could do really... I mean, increase in activity would be great but... If you look at RPG, there isn't much. I'd have to help with the News Letter, and try to get more life to the art topic... But…
Your strengths: Time. I have A LOT of time, having no life whatsoever. I’m really creative; I constantly have ideas in my head for new RPGs, characters, what-have-you… I can take control when necessary and be very level-headed.
Weaknesses: Boredom, I get bored sometimes. And I have a slight problem with deadlines.
Other: Nope.

Blademaster
15th March 2009, 09:10 PM
Name: Dave
Why do you want to be an RPG mod?: This forum is practically dead. It needs a Mod that is active, creative, and capable of getting things done efficiently. I fit all those criteria.
What could you bring to the RPG forum as a moderator?: The RPG limiter.
It's not a pretty idea, but it needs to be done: Part of the reason this forum is in the state it is in is because certain people jump blindly into any RPG that appeals to them. I can fix that by setting up an RPG equivalent of ASB's Approval Tower: You have a set number of RPG's you are allowed to participate in. If you are absent from one for too long, you will be ejected. If you are in the maximum number of RPG's, you are not allowed to join a new one until a previous RPG ends or is discontinued by its creator.
This may seem strict, but this place needs order. Letting everyone do as they please has lead to this forum's apathy and fracturing of members.
In addition to that, I can contribute to the News Letter and Art Topic, as well as petition for the return of things such as the RPG Awards.
Your strengths: In addition to how often I'm on TPM, my mind is constantly full of ideas. Ideas for new and original RPG's that don't fall back on cliched plots and characters to be successful. Ideas for characters and competitions that can breathe new life into this forum. Ideas that are intricate, yet jury-rigged. Rube Goldbergian, yet simple. I could do well flexing my mental muscles here.
Weaknesses: I don't tolerate screw-ups, even from other Moderators. I'm a nice enough guy, but break my rules or cross the members of my forum, and you WILL hear about it. Hiring me as a Mod will undoubtedly cause some friction, but as I've said, this forum has been coasting for far too long. It's time to elect someone more iron-fisted than past Mods to set things straight.
Other: Blade/Denny '12.

ChobiChibi
15th March 2009, 10:52 PM
Name: Becki
Why do you want to be an RPG mod?: RPG is basically where I live on this forum and is actually the only place I’ve ever role played. I don’t see this position as something of “RAWR look at me! I have power!”, but more of a chance to be a leader and to guide creativity.
What could you bring to the RPG forum as a moderator?: Fun. Fun with a big, fat capitol F. This is because I can’t imagine RPG without it, therefore I will bring more! For me, RPG is very much one of my escapes from “real life”, so I would strive to keep it a friendly and peaceful place. I really love the way things work around here, the fact that we’re actually a small group doesn’t bother me, but I will always encourage new members and help them to create characters and post. I’d also encourage more open discussions on particular RPGs by having topics in the lounge, just so everyone can share their ideas and nobody gets left out.
Your strengths: I’m easy to talk to and I love it when people do! I really enjoy the whole creation process, especially working with others to create plots and character relations. I spend a lot of my time daydreaming up plots and little scenes in my mind and always try to come up with something fresh and new. I’m a fresher at Uni, I basically have a very small amount of work and a whole load of this free time stuff. That, and all my lectures are conveniently in the afternoon, so I can stay up into the early hours of the morning catching up with all of you lovely people across the pond (hense why I'm posting this at nearly 4am XD).
Weaknesses: I’m very much a player rather than a creator. Not many of my own RPG’s have gone very far, but I have collaborated with many people. I’ve only been around on the forum for 6 years (actually, now I think about it, it’s quite a long time!), which isn’t as long as some others. I’m a music student, so there can be times when gigs and concerts get in the way, but practise is never an issue because I don’t do much! XD
Other: Nothing relevant as such... But the cake is a lie. If I offer you cake, I’m just lying. I’m so sorry! *runs off sobbing*

Ultimate Charizard
16th March 2009, 11:32 PM
Why the hell not, give everyone a good laugh anyway (though i think i already know who's got it :p)

Name: Gavin
Why do you want to be an RPG mod?: Because frankly ive learned my lessons and i see how much this place is suffering. It was getting to a point where there were more mods here than RPG's. I refuse to let this place go under and think with a few small changes it can be great again. I am a creative person but i realise now that with so many people trying to be creative it also needs someone capable of taking a step back and reigning things in before they get out of control.
What could you bring to the RPG forum as a moderator?: Ive done it before so i know the ropes. Theres no 'i want the mystery of power' that i think some people belive mods have and i know its work to get things going. At the min there just doesnt seem to be that spark there. Its kinda flickering back but its about time someone got it back
Your strengths: Committed, once i have a job to do it generally gets done and im pretty much always active. Ask anyone who visits the site and is on my MSN list, im almost always on though im not an interfering kinda person so i dont always make my presence felt.
Weaknesses: As mentioned above im the type that doesnt feel the need to post in every thread to let people know im around, even if i am. This is what led to my demodding last time so although i have them, i know my faults.
Other: Nothing really. Im not gonna go into the whole politics thing, thats long gone though im hoping that other people can look past that too. Yes ive done this before and apparently i failed, but i would love this second chance to be able to make a difference on the board like i should have done the first time.

Asilynne
31st March 2009, 11:43 PM
Name: Brandy
Why do you want to be an RPG mod?: Because chocolate people deserve to have the same rights as a pancake, or a strawberry, or even a cup of coffee. Because we can do it! We can rise above the oppression that the regular people have put upon the chocolate ones of the world. We can stand up and say, yes, I am made of chocolate, but this does not hinder me! Nay, though I may melt in your mouth and not in your hand, does that mean I do not bleed? Though my blood may be chocolate milk, before you drink of its sweetness, know this. I am chocolate, and I am proud. And we as a people can work together to cast off the prejudices that plague us. We can...embrace the chocolate ways.
What could you bring to the RPG forum as a moderator?: Im made of chocolate and I can break off my fingers and throw them at the people who just really need a piece of chocolate. Chocolate makes the world a better place after all, and I strongly believe that the RPG forum needs more chocolate. With the happiness and energy that chocolate brings, RPGs will zoom with activity and ideas.
Your strengths: I can be drizzled lightly over pancakes, or work as a dip for strawberries, or you can even mix me with coffee to create an eye opening and yet mellow hot mocha drink. I am tasty and delicious and full of natural antioxidants. I am very versatile and can be used in a variety of different recipes. Im very sweet and comforting when youve had a bad day. Ill always be there for you, and when Im not, you can always pay a buck to have me right away at your local convenience store. Im also very smexy. You can dip Crystal Tears in me constantly without ever getting bored. <333
Weaknesses: I may indeed actually melt in your hand, or pocket, or if you leave me in a hot car I could also ruin your cds that you carelessly placed me by. If you have too much of me you might get diabetes or get really fat. I can break apart easily and once Im gone I leave you wanting more. Some people can even get addicted to me but really who can blame them ;D
Other: April fools! (duh >.> lol)

Crystal Tears
31st March 2009, 11:55 PM
YUS TPM! DIP ME IN HER!!!!

I'm all up for that chocolate ^_~

Oh and uh, good luck to everyone to applied ^^

ChobiChibi
1st April 2009, 12:38 PM
So long as you sit ontop of me, Puppy...

And you can drizzle yourself all over me as much as you want, Asi 8D

Asilynne
1st April 2009, 01:43 PM
So long as you sit ontop of me, Puppy...

And you can drizzle yourself all over me as much as you want, Asi 8D

XDDDDDD <333333 RPG shall be renamed IHOP ;D

Mew Master
1st April 2009, 01:55 PM
Teh Smexy IHOP Club has come to TPM....

*gets camera*

Action!

Crystal Tears
1st April 2009, 01:57 PM
Yus, RPG shall be ruled by Sexy Breakfast!

8D

But we wouldn't have hammers would we? We'd have.... Spatulas, frying pans, fondue pot....

Mew Master
1st April 2009, 01:58 PM
Teh Fondue Fork of Doom...

Of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Crystal Tears
1st April 2009, 02:00 PM
This isn't exactly upping our chances of being chosen XDDD

Dun stab me ;o; I'm a helpless strawberry I dun want to be kabobed.

Mew Master
1st April 2009, 02:01 PM
No, I have better plans for you Strawberry!

*grabs and dips in chocolate before eating both*

ChobiChibi
1st April 2009, 02:05 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! PUPPY!! T____T

I will avenge you! *gets out frying pan*

Come 'ere! *knocks out Denny with frying pan*

*performs surgery, removing Strawberry and Chocolate* Here you go, sweetums <3

... Someone might wanna stitch Denny back up... *points*

Mew Master
1st April 2009, 02:06 PM
X-X *is dead*

Crystal Tears
1st April 2009, 02:07 PM
*is freed* YUS!! Thank you Pancake~

Roy Karrde
1st April 2009, 02:08 PM
Guys I know you are having fun and its April Fools Day. But I really do not want to dish out Warnings on Infractions for spamming. So I am going to go on and close the topic since the date has already passed. If Weasel wants to add on the deadline she can feel free to reopen it.

Edit: If you wish to continue your Lesbian Escapades, we have Twilight Town!

Weasel Overlord
19th April 2009, 10:02 AM
Hello to all who applied! Me and Royuu have come to our decision: see this thread (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18536) for the result.

Thank you to everyone who applied! We can't do it without you. :D