PDA

View Full Version : <GAME> TPM United Nations (MA TML)

Heald
19th March 2009, 11:43 AM
The Pokemasters
United Nations

The idea of the game is to sign up as a nation and then basically engage in a global game of chess, tic-tac-toe, chequers, Risk, Diplomacy, Yahtzee and Hungry Hungry Hippos combined. Here are the rules:

1) All members must sign up by filling in the application form. All applications are approved automatically as long as they are valid.
2) There are 5 elected positions: Secretary-General, Head of Security Council, 2 Members of the Security Council, and Head of ECOSOC.
3) Every week, the Secretary-General must update with news, including natural disasters, terrorist attacks, diplomatic incidents, riots etc.
In general, 1 Natural Disaster per term, 1 Terrorist Attack per term, at least 1 minor internal incident per member nation per week, up to 5 international incidents per week, 1 Assassination per term.
4) The Security Council vote on measures relating to military incidents and such. This may happen at any time, but one resolution must be resolved before another one is discussed. A resolution must be resolved within a week of its introduction or it is automatically vetoed. At least two members of the Security Council must agree on the measure for it to pass.
5) ECOSOC updates on global economic conditions and the HDI index on the 1st and 15th of every month.
6) Each member may PM the Secretary-General, the Head of the Security Council and the ECOSOC Head once a week to request a motion or make an update for them to take into account.
7) If an elected position has an unexplained absence of a week, he/she is immediately removed and the country with the second largest share of votes at the last election takes its place.
8) Elections are every month on the 10th. You must be nominated to run by another member state, who automatically votes for you and can not change their vote whilst you are a nominee. Countries may cast their nomination and vote from the 4th of that month. Votes are then counted at midnight on the 10th, according to the time-zone of the Secretary-General (in real life). Each elected position serves a term of one month, and may serve as many terms as they wish, either consecutively or not. In the event of a tie, the current Secretary-General will choose the winner, even if the Secretary-General is involved in the election. The nominees in each election are responsible for counting the votes.
9) Planned absences: if you are elected and know you are going to be inactive for a week or longer, please inform the thread and the state with the second-most amount of votes at the previous election takes control until your announced return.
10) Any and all of these rules may be changed by a successful resolution.

---

Roles:

Member State

You may vote on resolutions put forward by the Secretary-General. You can form alliances with other members or be aggressive. You may post in the thread updating any important policy decisions. Out-of-thread diplomacy is encouraged through either the PM system or instant messaging or similar. You can PM the Secretary-General and the Head of the Security Council once a week to put forward a motion. You may also PM the Secretary-General, the Head of the Security Council or the ECOSOC Head regarding covert operations that they could take into account in their updates, for example, sending an assassin or funding a terrorist attack.

Secretary-General

You may put forward your own resolutions or those put forward to you by member states. You must also update once a week on the global occurrences. You should give each member state at least one internal update per week. A Natural Disaster can only happen once per month-long term, and there is a 10% chance of this happening every week. A Natural Disaster can affect as many countries as you wish.

A terrorist attack, assassination, or similar, aggressive action against another state, can only be requested by a member state, rather than happen randomly and these have a 10% chance of success. Multiple attacks against a single state are cumulative e.g. if 3 member states all request a terrorist attack against one state, there is a 30% chance of success. In the event of success, there is a 10% chance of a perpetrator's nationality being revealed. In the event of failure, there is a 50% chance of a perpetrator's nationality being revealed.

International incidents, which involve two or more countries, are smaller, not necessarily bad actions (for example, marriage between two nation's heirs). In between 1 and 5 of these can occur per week.

A good Secretary-General is creative, fair, and interesting. Of course, interesting might mean you serve your friends better than your enemies.

The Security Council

The Head is the member of the Security Council who accrues the most votes in the election. The Head decides what resolutions are chosen to vote upon. The other 2 members then vote on Security measures.

ECOSOC Head

On the 1st and 15th of every month, the ECOSOC must rank countries from top to bottom on their HDI index, preferably based on their actions. They must also choose that fortnight's global economic conditions, ranging from booming, growing, stagnant, recession, depression. The economic condition may stay the same or go up or down one level.

---

Notes: This game is meant to be a bit wacky. Try and have some fun and inject some creativity into it!

Also, try to keep your PM inbox as empty as possible, especially if you're elected.

Member Application Form:

Nation: (please choose a real-life nation)
Head of State: (feel free to make this up)
Government: (feel free to make this up)
State Religion: (feel free to make this up)
Currency:
Official Language(s): (feel free to make this up)
Other:

---

Nation: Cuba
Head of State: Dr Marquez Manana (CEO)
Government: Corporate Dictatorship
State Religion: None
Currency: Banana Dollar (B$)
Official Language(s): Spanish, English
Other: The entire country was bought by a large corporation who own every asset in it. The Board of Directors are the shareholders, the CEO is elected by the Board.

Members

Cuba (Heald)
North Korea (Dark-San)
Finland (Mikachu Yukitatsu)

Dark-San
20th March 2009, 12:06 AM
I will play this one. ^.^

Nation: North Korea
Head of State: Kim Jong 'Very Ill' 3
Government: Communist
State Religion: Buddhism, Taoism
Currency: Korean Won
Official Language(s): Korean, Mandarin
Other: The people are starving and only people who join the military get a bit of luxury comforts.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th March 2009, 01:28 AM
I considered playing as Sweden, China or something but decided to be boring and choose my own nation. If it's OK?

Nation: Finland
Head of State: President Minna Kaikki (gender female)
Government: Democracy (sorta)
State Religion: None, but has mainly Lutherans as in real Finland
Currency: Finnish Mark (we got rid of Euro)
Official Language(s): Finnish, English, Swedish, Russian, Sami
Other: President Minna Kaikki has more power than the goverment form might suggest, she can quite easily overthrow the parliament and force major reforms. She is also the leader of Nokia which the state has bought. I would like to add more later, if I'm allowed.

Heald
20th March 2009, 04:23 PM
You can play your home nation, yes. I'll wait until a few more people join before we kick things off. Get all your friends to join!

Dark-San
21st March 2009, 03:51 AM
I think the best I can get is CEB on board. As for the rest, I reckon Fett One would join this. Not so sure about Kirst, she might be interested in this if it requires some brains.

BTW Heald, possible if you start with a trial run first on how the game should be played before we start off with the actual one? Thanks. ^.^;

I think most of us haven't really grasp the entire game concept yet. Probably the reason why, the only ones that registered for this game are the few PCG hardcore regulars.

Heald
21st March 2009, 10:14 AM
There is no actual 'point' to the game if you will. Think of it as a cross between an RPG, the Werewolf Game/Axis Mundi and ASB: the Secretary-General just decides each week what happens. A trial run isn't really needed I guess, but I guess we could start things off just now and see how it happens.

---

Dr Marquez would like to confirm that his Board of Directors have approved his decision to increase military spending by B$20 billion.

Dark-San
21st March 2009, 01:30 PM
A minor riot broke put at Pyong Yang. 'Very Ill' got the military to slaughter every protesters on sight. 14 dead so far.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd March 2009, 12:28 AM
During a session in Parliament, the opposition criticized heavily several issues such as why keeping 5 offical languages. What's more, when Prime Minister Iivari Svensson was asked to comment on the matter by some YLE reporters, he accidentially revealed that he is also against using Russian and Sami. Thus President Minna Kaikki took action and fired Svensson. The new Prime Minister is Olli Nakkanen, who is known to be a strict supporter of the president. So far, Kaikki has fired three prime ministers and 10 other ministers.

Did I do this right? Perhaps I shouldn't have chosen so small country, nothing happens in Finland.

Dark-San
29th March 2009, 01:46 PM
A small fire broke out in the national treasury building. Luckily none of our foreign reserves are gone for. The building administrator was executed because of his failure and replaced with another person.