PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, TPM: Nine years!!

Magmar
23rd March 2009, 05:15 PM
Hey all! So we have all these threads milling about saying how many years/anniversaries/etc. It's cool and all watching time go by, but seriously, tomorrow is an awkward realization of a loss of life to this website.

I've been here nine years!

Never mind that, TPM is nine years old now. That's just crazy. Let's reminisce a little bit, but not so much that "newer" people will have no idea what's going on.

Like, remember how we used to have idiots that would post all 151 (yes, 151!) smilies in one thread? And they'd go all the way across the screen and our slower-than-molasses computers couldn't handle it?? The countless RATE MY TEAM OMG threads that consisted of Nidoqueens with Poison Sting (guilty as charged) and senseless fanfictions written by 8 year olds that were something about Ash and a grocery store.

Of course we have some of that in smaller doses even today...

Drago
23rd March 2009, 06:26 PM
lol I'm gonna post in 2001 style in honour of TPM approaching nine whole years!! :eek:
I can still remember it like it was yesterday, when we all asked completely irrelevant questions about life and Pokemon :pokeball: and it was still entirely acceptable. I definatly miss those days!!! And wow Magmar, :126: u have been here for soooooo long! Congratz!!!
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
I LOVE TPM MORE THAN ANY OF U!!! *uses Surf*

PS. One of the greatest achievements of my youth was when I realised it was actually spelt definitely.

Heald
23rd March 2009, 06:58 PM
I lurked on TPM for 3 months before having the balls to sign up, so I've been here as long as the forum, I just didn't register for a few months.

So, 9 years. That's a long time. And how times have changed. For starters, I'm a mod, and I bet no one saw that coming 9 years ago.

Jeff
23rd March 2009, 07:32 PM
I've now been here for roughly half of this forum's existence. To think of the hours of life that have been sucked out of me because of TPM, it makes me happy just thinking about it.:P

:birthday:
Happy Birthday TPM!

Little_Pikachu
23rd March 2009, 07:51 PM
Happy birthday TPM. 9 years is pretty good, hopefully we'll get to see the big 10 next year.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th March 2009, 12:28 AM
Congrats! So this means firepokemon has been here for nine years as well. As for the other members joined on the 24th of March 2000, see the beginning of this list (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/memberlist.php?joindateafter=2000-03-23&order=ASC&sort=joindate&pp=50) and it's ironical Serebii of SPP is the first there.

Happy birthday TPM! Times have changed, we used to have a Fake Cheat thread with over 10 pages in General Discussion, but when I started one last year, got only 6 replies!! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17022)

Dark-San
24th March 2009, 01:04 AM
Hah well, this account of mine has survived for only 8 years, 1 year lesser. Also there are times when I am supposed to leave for good, but for some unknown reasons I still return. I could have swore it is some curse that either Roy, Fai or CEB placed on me. >.<;

Well times have changed and like Heald had mentioned there are lots of unexpectancies like Heald or Dragoknight becoming moderators just last year, me, an ex- TCG freak, becoming moderator for OA 2 or 3 years ago, my best online friend, Tyranitar#248 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/member.php?u=462), disappearing from the board never to return again or pika23 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/member.php?u=472), my first online relationship girlfriend here, leaving for good to admin in another board.

TPM has a share of my sad and happy memories. But now with a stronger commitment of me is needed elsewhere in the net, only time will tell if TPM remains relevant to me. But for now, let's leave it a fact that I am still around here. ^.^

firepokemon
24th March 2009, 05:34 AM
Tis certainly been a long time hasn't it. Wow nine years ago. No Misc Discussion that didn't come till May I believe. So many great members gone. But here's to those that have stayed around and kept this place alive. To those of you. Cheers.

RedStarWarrior
24th March 2009, 07:23 AM
Less than a month until my nine year anniversary. Woot!

shazza
24th March 2009, 08:59 AM
Definitely. The years are coming along fast, I wonder if some of us will stay in contact after 9 years?

Thank you for you letting me greatly express my childhood/innocent times, my teenage/asshole years and now what seems to be my adult years. Here's to many more.

:birthday:

x.

Rossymore
24th March 2009, 03:43 PM
Been here a week and a bit! Yay for newbies!
Also, happy birthday to TPM

Houndoom_Lover
24th March 2009, 03:56 PM
Awww! The little site is all grown up! ^O^

Lady Vulpix
24th March 2009, 04:04 PM
Awww! The little site is all grown up! ^O^
Hehehe. It is.

Happy Birthday, TPM! May you stay up and running for many years to come.

Mr.E
28th March 2009, 03:16 AM
The actual website died a long time ago, it's really just a forum now...

Indecent Exposure
29th March 2009, 04:49 PM
Yay, TPM be a big boy now! Blow out the candles and make a wish.

Asilynne
29th March 2009, 09:17 PM
Happy Bday TPM, you just wont die will you? XD jk. May it live another 9 years! *drinks to that*

Magmar
30th March 2009, 12:27 PM
Happy Bday TPM, you just wont die will you? XD jk. May it live another 9 years! *drinks to that*

mandatory TPM blowjob shots.

AND FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW ^_^

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1251/829539115_37ea527a1a.jpg?v=0
it's coffee liqueur, irish creme liqueur and some whipped cream on top ^_^ yummy!:lemoncool:

Knux_The_Echidna
31st March 2009, 11:12 PM
AAAAH, don't do this to me.

Makes me feel old D:

TPM was one of the first sites I remember on the internet, too. I think I got the net in 00 or 01, not sure which. Maybe 99. It was all Geocities, and Lycos search engine and TPM back then.

I just took a peek on the Wayback Machine to see what TPM was like back in 00 and goddamn it gave me a nostalgia hit.

PancaKe
2nd April 2009, 07:13 AM
I am older than tpm =(
but only by 11 years. Or is it twelve? I cant work it out right now.

I am guilty of posting badly written fiction that was heavily based off the anime with different characters and Pokegods. Sigh the days of pokegods.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
2nd April 2009, 12:03 PM
I've been here five years. Didn't expect that.

Anyway, may ye live for another while.

We should give TPM a lapdance.

Yez.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd April 2009, 10:34 PM
I am older than tpm =(
but only by 11 years. Or is it twelve? I cant work it out right now.

I am guilty of posting badly written fiction that was heavily based off the anime with different characters and Pokegods. Sigh the days of pokegods.

I play Pokemon with a girl who is only 21 days older then TPM.

One of my first tries to contact TPM staff was sending a poem about Articuno by the way.

Articuno, Lumen Luoja,
Articuno, the Creator of Snow,
Talven Tuuli, Jumala Jään!
Winter's Wind, the God of Ice!

Starry Might
9th April 2009, 02:36 PM
Happy (belated) B-day, TPM!

homeofmew
9th April 2009, 09:24 PM
I think I have been 8 years now :o

shazza
11th April 2009, 03:50 AM
I think I have been 8 years now :o

'Happy Birthday, TPM: Nine years!!' not 'How long have you been on TPM?'

Magmar
13th April 2009, 12:48 PM
'Happy Birthday, TPM: Nine years!!' not 'How long have you been on TPM?'

If only life were this easy:
:pokeball-go:

Dark Scizor
15th April 2009, 11:06 PM
Definitely. The years are coming along fast, I wonder if some of us will stay in contact after 9 years?
I don't know, but as long as this place stays up, I'd be happy enough.

Here's hoping for many more :)

nick
21st April 2009, 09:00 PM
wats up

nick
21st April 2009, 09:01 PM
my average posts per day is 1.0, i own