PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to?

Endy Ends
2nd April 2009, 10:37 PM
Hope this thread isnt already made, the search was acting weird.

Pretty self explainitory

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd April 2009, 10:50 PM
Hm, we haven't done this one for a while.

Just a moment ago, I would have listened 'Lentoon' by a Finnish band called Tiktak but Youtube refused to work. So instead, I took the Japanese Pokemon opening 'Ready go!' and listen to it.

Kimi to nana-iro no niji koete!
With you, crossing a seven-colored rainbow!

Drago
2nd April 2009, 11:19 PM
Last topic hit 10 pages in November last year, so I have no particular beef with a new one being made.

Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
I'm quite over the concept of the Rickroll (because nobody pays attention to the actual song anymore), though I'm still rather intrigued by the similarities of this tune with Robo's Theme from Chrono Trigger.

mistysakura
3rd April 2009, 12:44 AM
An ad for Beethoven played by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra. I love Beethoven. :) The last contemporary thing I listened to was No Leaf Clover by Metallica, earlier on today.

classy_cat18
3rd April 2009, 01:45 AM
"Ladies and gentlemen..."

"Boys and girls..."

"Please put your hands together..."

"For the one..."

"The only..."

"...CASTLEVANIA!"

"Castlevania (Live)", from Video Games Live, Vol 1. The guitar in this piece is SO awesome.

Endy Ends
3rd April 2009, 07:05 AM
Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers

darktyranitar
3rd April 2009, 10:00 AM
Tonto - Battles

Math rock is pretty... interesting.

Asilynne
3rd April 2009, 01:46 PM
Fare thee well Whiskey- Battlefield Band. Ive been into a lot of irish/scottish folk music lately >.> lol

MToolen
3rd April 2009, 05:37 PM
All My Praise - Selah

I find it weird how much more I can notice small details in music now that I've had even a bit of formal training. What mostly gets to me now is how much pop and CCM artists (among others) scoop up to their notes and and bend around to others, along with things like tone and vowel quality.

Drusilla
3rd April 2009, 06:42 PM
Glutton, Dr. Steel (your future world emperor!)

shazza
3rd April 2009, 08:24 PM
I'm in a Rammstein mood the past week or so.

Rammstein - Adios.

Good to jog to!

Heald
4th April 2009, 04:25 AM
Project Delta - Air Man ga Taosenai

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
4th April 2009, 04:51 AM
Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel

A real classic. ;P

Drago
4th April 2009, 05:15 AM
Sweet Transvestite - Tim Curry

Which is appropriate considering I was walking around work in a towel with a 'cleansing sauna mask' and a shower cap. Not exactly transvestism, but I still feared for my safety all the same.

Crystal Mew
5th April 2009, 12:31 AM
Annie-Safetysuit.

I LOVE THEM

PancaKe
5th April 2009, 01:05 AM
Thoughtless - Evanescence .

Yeah listening to it for old times sake. Although; it's a cover but I forget who the original is by now. Perhaps Smashing Pumpkins?

Drusilla
5th April 2009, 09:36 AM
Thoughtless - Evanescence .

Yeah listening to it for old times sake. Although; it's a cover but I forget who the original is by now. Perhaps Smashing Pumpkins?

Thoughtless was originally by Korn...

Listening to Torpedoes by MDFMK. I'm obsessed with this song, ehehe...

Cadmus
5th April 2009, 10:10 AM
Unusual You by Britney Spears

Houndoom_Lover
5th April 2009, 12:23 PM
Death Note Ending credit song that I illegally downloaded. What's Up People?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th April 2009, 11:07 PM
The Death Note opening What's Up People by is way cool indeed, except for the 'Teki na seisai no kiba kara' etc. part. Perhaps you should search for more music by Maximum The Hormone. But I was listening to...

Naruto - Go!!!

Which is catchy.

classy_cat18
6th April 2009, 12:04 AM
No kidding. I love "Go!!!"

I'm currently listening to "Velonica" by Aqua Timez. Best Bleach opening so far.

Crazy Elf Boy
6th April 2009, 12:29 AM
Velonica = Bets song ever

Lately I have bee listening to some tracks from Super smash bro's brawl.

Master Rudy
6th April 2009, 01:14 AM
Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
I'm quite over the concept of the Rickroll (because nobody pays attention to the actual song anymore), though I'm still rather intrigued by the similarities of this tune with Robo's Theme from Chrono Trigger.

You just got Rolled! :P (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-_XvOAF8zk)

But seriously.....
As of right now I'm slowly trying to rebuild my music collection ever since my old drive crashed. I had most of it on CD but a lot of the anime and video game music got lost. I'm slowly finding it again but it's taking a long ass time since my cheap/broke ass can't afford to pay out for unlimited downloads at Fileshare.....
In other words my collection is getting rebuilt one day/song at a time :-/
On a brighter note I've been listening to a shitload of anime music as of late. Mostly DBZ with a few of the game themes tossed in as well ^_~

Weasel Overlord
6th April 2009, 06:57 PM
Gackt - Metamorphoze ♥

Drusilla
6th April 2009, 07:22 PM
The Bells (Ego Likeness Mix), by I:Scintilla. Not my favorite mix of the song, but still good.

Gavin Luper
6th April 2009, 09:18 PM
Tasmin Archer - Effect is Monotony.

Muffin
6th April 2009, 09:34 PM
Well right now i am watching anime (Desert Punk FTW) but my favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold!

Asilynne
6th April 2009, 10:00 PM
Champagne Supernova~ Oasis

Muffin
6th April 2009, 10:11 PM
Champagne Supernova~ Oasis

I havent heard that song in FOREVER XD actually i havent heard anything by oasis in awhile

Asilynne
6th April 2009, 10:16 PM
I listen to the radio stations I create on Pandora.com. Im hearing so many delicious songs I havent heard in awhile XD

Muffin
6th April 2009, 11:31 PM
I listen to the radio stations I create on Pandora.com. Im hearing so many delicious songs I havent heard in awhile XD

Oh I love Pandora!! i havent used in in awhile though i usually listen to the heavier stuff though

Drago
9th April 2009, 12:06 AM
Out There - Tom Hulce
So what if the movie was forgettable - this song will last forever. BRING BACK TOM HULCE.

Endy Ends
12th April 2009, 04:44 AM
3's and 7's ~ Queens of the Stone Age

Drago
15th April 2009, 07:46 AM
Weak - SWV

I'm rather amazed how much I am into 90s R&B - back before it all became generic shovelware that all sounds the same.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th April 2009, 08:27 AM
We're all alone ~ Architects

Unanswered ~ Suidide Silence

Endy Ends
15th April 2009, 06:52 PM
Master of Puppets ~ Metallica

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th April 2009, 12:00 AM
Rashiku Ikimashoo - Hashimoto Ushio

Yeah, I prefer to write oo instead of ou. On a less off-topic note, this is the song in Ami-Chan No Hatsukoi, Ami's First Love, a Sailor Moon special episode. I still have some feelings towards Sailor Mercury, it seems. I did associate her with a red-haired girl back in lukio (High School)!

Endy Ends
23rd April 2009, 03:13 PM
Lithium ~ Nirvana

Weasel Overlord
23rd April 2009, 09:07 PM
Bread and Butterflies, by Pogo. If you've never heard anything by this guy, check him out! He's genius! He takes like... sound clips from films and whatnot (this one's from Alice in Wonderland - as a few of them are) and warps them and clips them and puts them to awesome tunes. Seriously freaked out stuff, but it's brilliant! Very uh... spacey, heh.

Razola
24th April 2009, 10:14 PM
I am watching the Smooth Criminal music video.

PNT510
25th April 2009, 11:05 PM
A Passage to Bangkok by Rush

midnightangel
2nd May 2009, 12:27 PM
I'm listening to All Fired Up: The Very Best of Pat Benatar Disc 1~~Heartbreaker

Sometimes I do like the classics :P

Endy Ends
2nd May 2009, 12:28 PM
Foo Fighters - My Hero

kainashi
2nd May 2009, 06:09 PM
kings of leon - closer

Drago
2nd May 2009, 06:22 PM
Rasputin - Boney M.
Ra-Ra-Rasputin, Russia's greatest love machine!

Endy Ends
4th May 2009, 09:15 PM
Nirvana - Lithium

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th May 2009, 12:01 PM
Life of agony ~ Weeds.

Drago
13th May 2009, 07:40 AM
Easy - The Commodores
If only life were more like this song.

Gavin Luper
13th May 2009, 09:04 AM
Detroit 442 - Blondie.

Actually don't know this song very well yet - I just bought Plastic Letters a few days ago - but I'm digging the overall vibe of the album. Mid-70s punk = awesome.

Weasel Overlord
13th May 2009, 10:35 AM
The Spirit of Man - Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds

I'm off to see this in concert in June. MAN I cannot wait. :D:D Hurrah for random 70s musical adaptations of films/books! ♥

classy_cat18
13th May 2009, 12:17 PM
Canned Heat - Jamiroquai

*is resisting the urge to dance around the house*

toucheiruka
15th May 2009, 12:33 PM
Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen