PDA

View Full Version : Pokérus

Muffin
6th April 2009, 05:21 PM
I have a quick question about the Pokérus. What are the odds of getting it does anyone know? Also if anyone has a current outbreak of it care to spread it?

Jeff
6th April 2009, 07:04 PM
It's the same as the shiny rate IIRC (1/8192)

I have it, and don't mind sharing it. You'll have to wait until next week though, I'm house-sitting this week and I don't have my DS with me.

Muffin
6th April 2009, 08:37 PM
It's the same as the shiny rate IIRC (1/8192)

I have it, and don't mind sharing it. You'll have to wait until next week though, I'm house-sitting this week and I don't have my DS with me.

ehh!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

I dont care what pokemon its on and a week is no problem a week is better than never ;p

EDIT: Amazingly I got the Pokérus through the GTS so thanks Jeff but no need ^.^ Thank you SO MUCH by the way for the gesture but well i got it!

Pokemaster Ash
21st April 2009, 11:35 PM
I have a quick question about Pokérus (which my team contracted from someplace, I wasn't paying attention). Does its effects linger after the virus is gone, or do the boosted EVs only take effect while infected?

classy_cat18
21st April 2009, 11:44 PM
Its effects stay with the Pokemon even after the virus is gone. It just can't catch the virus again.

Prince Crimson
22nd April 2009, 10:02 AM
I never understood this but where do you get it is there a specific way or is it random and just one day show up on your pokemon

Ceipe
22nd April 2009, 11:13 AM
It's random, here's a little extract from Serebii.net about the pokerus:

"So now how do I get this elusive virus? Well to tell you the truth… It’s really based upon luck, like most things. Maybe not as much as to get a shiny Pokémon, but around that area. To get the Pokérus, your Pokémon needs to engage in a battle a wild Pokémon that holds the Pokérus. You will be alerted if you have the Pokérus in your party when you next visit the Pokémon center. The Pokémon nurse there will go through a dialogue with you dealing with the Pokérus after you get them healed. You can catch it as well by catching the Pokémon and placing it in your party to spread it."

I got a Gengar over the GTS myself with it, if you don't want it to wear off simply deposit it ina a box and put pokemon in that box with him so it spreads to them.

Myths about the Pokerus:
- You can legally have higher than 510 EVs because of this. Nope, you can't get passed the 510 legal max.
- Meh, it's like having a macho brace. True if you look it separetly, but its actually a x4 boost if you combine them both.
- I got it twice :O. Totally false, a pokemon which catches it and gets cured becomes immune to the pokerus, if someone shows you a pokemon that has it, gets cured and has it again, it's either a hack (via Pokesav for example) or he didn't save after it got cured.

Hope it helps xD

Poryhedron
22nd April 2009, 12:40 PM
Honestly, I don't look at it as "you keep the effects even after the virus goes away". I look at it as "the pokémon has the virus for the rest of its life, but it's only contagious for a few days."

Ceipe
23rd April 2009, 01:00 PM
No, the virus itself goes away too, if you ever see how a pokesav works you'll see that the pokerus status are 3:
- Doesn't have it
- It's infected
- It's cured

While it's infected it will pass the virus to other pokemon, but once it's cured it will never have the virus again.

Poryhedron
26th April 2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah, but while it's "cured", it's still getting the Double-EP effect of the virus. Who exactly decided to use the term "cured" to describe this state? I'm betting it wasn't NOJ, NOA, or Game Freak.