PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Video Game Tournament 2009

DarkestLight
8th April 2009, 04:50 PM
http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/

Finally, they announced the times and dates. God damn them, I do not want to go to Philly and be there by 6 am? Hellz no, it's not that serious.

Dun think I'm going this year, guys, Poo. But now that the places are released, any of you all thinking about it?

Phoenixsong
12th April 2009, 10:47 AM
Bah, I suppose I'm out, too. Closest one to me is Tennessee, and I'd be at the very end of a quarter around then and definitely wouldn't be able to get up there for a weekend. Assuming I could even afford it.

I'm really quite surprised that there isn't one in New York, though. There's always something in New York. I can understand wanting to include more places, but... why not New York and the other places?

DarkestLight
12th April 2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah Im like"What the hell, they left out NYC, LA and Chicago. No sense."

Telume
13th April 2009, 09:16 AM
How do you think I feel? I've never been to one in Miami. And they don't do it often enough here in Miami that's close enough for me to go.

DarkestLight
13th April 2009, 09:55 AM
I hear you Telume. Last year they held the finals in Orlando...which my friend was pissed about cause he wanted to come up and visit and partake in the NYC qualifier-and then just go back home and compete in the final.

Maybe 2010 they'll get it right...

Rossymore
13th April 2009, 09:58 AM
You have no idea how lucky you are. My nearest Tournament is in London. 148 miles away. You Americans have many places to go, I have 1.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
13th April 2009, 04:25 PM
There are no tournaments in Austria at all. Not that I'd think competitive enough to join one but it's still a bother. I don't even think there are any official ones in Germany, just some fan-made ones.

Telume
13th April 2009, 08:14 PM
Rossymore: I might be american but, that doesn't mean me or anyone that I'm dependent on makes the money to fly up or drive up to where the event is being held, nor do they have the interest to. And as far as FLORIDA goes, we're about as isolated as anyone could get in the continental US.

I can't imagine how much the people in Hawaii must suffer. A ticket to the mainland, even to Cali, costs about 900 dollars for them

Rossymore
13th April 2009, 08:24 PM
Aah, I must remember how big America is. Britain is a lot smaller, we can drive anywhere in the country.

DarkestLight
14th April 2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah much MUUUCH smaller. Diminutive! Telume-yer in FL? I'm guessing somewhere low like Petersburg? Yeah it gets super hard to reach places there or if yer in places like Montana/Wyoming/NS. Dakota

I used to be in Montana, omg it took all my resources to fly back home to even get a chance to witness JAA, let alone get anything released back home.

Telume
15th April 2009, 07:21 AM
Darkest Light: Actually, I think I'm EVEN LOWER than that.

I'm in Miami, which I did mention earlier

How do you think I feel? I've never been to one in Miami. And they don't do it often enough here in Miami that's close enough for me to go.

So yeah, it gets pretty damn hard to go anywhere from down here, we're pretty much geographically isolated. Even our internet options are limited, how I DREAM of having Verizon FiOS

DarkestLight
15th April 2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah i saw that but the way u phrased it made it seem that u had the closest big city be miami. :p.

Fios aint bad. need to switch to that.

Jeff
15th April 2009, 01:46 PM
I remember looking up TCG events back in the day, and found out about one in Bethesda, which is over an hour's drive for me. Most people out in rural areas probably wouldn't mind going that distance, but I would have much rather gone to one in Annapolis if they had one there. Same thing here, why drive 2 hours to Philly, when I can hold out and wait for one to come to Baltimore or DC, which are both only an hour away? So yeah, most likely not going.