PDA

View Full Version : The Arcane Army (My First RMT)

RICKASTLEY
11th April 2009, 12:36 AM
I Just Recently Made this Team. I Put together a few pokemon from my old teams, Fixed one, and added two Newcomers. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

The Team:
Riachu Smeargle Arcanine Raticate Ambipom Charizard

The Team in Depth:

Riachu @Light Ball
Static
Naughty Nature
252Att/126SpAtt/126Speed
Wish
Volt Tackle
Agility
Thunderbolt

After Agility, His Speed Will Be Massive. 1st Turn: Wish 2nd Turn: Volt Tackle

Smeargle @Focus Band
Own Tempo
Bold Nature
252Def/252SpDef/8Speed
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock/Spider Web
Swords Dance
Baton Pass

A SD Baton Passer That Can Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock or Spider Web. I would really
Like to replace Him.

Arcanine @Life Orb
Intimidate
Adamant Nature
252Att/252Speed/8SpDef
Flare Blitz
Take Down
Reversal
Extreme Speed

The Pokemon Smeargle Baton Passes to. Flare Blitz is for an exellant STAB Move. Add the Recoil from Take Down, Life Orb, and Flare Blitz, and Reversal's Damage is increased greatly. Also, He can Revenge Kill.

Ambipom @Choice Specs
Technician
Rash Nature
252SpAtt/252Speed/8Att
Fake Out
Nasty Plot
Swift
ThunderBolt

He can make the opponet Flinch and Revenge Kill with Fake Out. And, After Nasty Plot, His Attacking Moves Resist no type. Steelix is the only one that can Block this set.

Raticate @Flame Orb
Guts
Jolly Nature
252Att/252Speed/8Def
Facade
Crunch
Reversal
U-Turn

One of my favorite Pokemon. Facade is an amazing STAB Move while Burned and Reversal gets stronger and stronger every Turn. U-Turn and Crunch are for coverage

Charizard @Leftovers
Blaze
Adamant Nature
252Att/134Speed/126SpDef
Belly Drum
Aerial Ace
Flare Blitz
Dragon Claw

This is my kind of BellyZard. Dragon Claw and Flare Blitz are for Attacking. The Reason I gave him 126 Special Defense is Because most Pokemon will try to hit him with Special Attacks

...and thats the Arane (Arcanine) Army. Please Help me with the Team!

Blademaster
11th April 2009, 03:20 PM
HUGE Fighting weakness with no way to counter. You might wanna try and stick a Flying move on Charizard to lessen that. Or maybe stick a Psychic/Flying Hidden Power on someone.

Coontank!
21st April 2009, 08:11 AM
Blademaster is absolutely right. While Arial Ace on Charizard will help with that Fighting weakness, I would add a Psychic attack somewhere as well. Smeargle might be a good option for that?

Chrizard--- You said it could heal with Roost, but you didn't list it on its set.

Ambipom--- I see you've got it holding Choice Specs. If you're gonna do that, don't have Nasty Plot on the set as you'll get locked into that move and will have to switch to change. And that defeats the purpose. You could teach Smeargle Nasty Plot if you wanted and have it BP to Ambipom. You could even run Nasty Plot on Richu if you feel you need a more drastic change to the team; Ambipom's Attack power is great than its Special Attack anyway, so it might be for the best. But if you do keep it as a Special Sweeper, then here might be good place for the much needed Psychic move as well.

Smeargle--- You have a lot going on with its moveset. Its base stats aren't high enough to survive long enough to be both a Stealth Rock lead AND a BPasser, even with the Focus Band. There are two good sets for Smeargle on Smogon, one for each role. You can check them out there for reference.

Richu--- The set you have doesn't cover anything as it's two attack moves are both Electric. Richu can learn Grass Knot, which would be useful as the only Pokemon on your team that resists Ground is Chrizard.

I hope that helps a bit :)

RICKASTLEY
28th April 2009, 04:39 PM
Hey guys, thanks. Do you have any suggestions to replace Smeargle?

Shuppet Master
28th April 2009, 05:36 PM
How about a Forretress with this set?

* Stealth Rock
* Spikes
* Rapid Spin
* Explosion

That way, you can lay down your entry hazards and blow away any the opponent uses, then explode to kill off any opponent.

Blademaster
28th April 2009, 05:41 PM
Hey guys, thanks. Do you have any suggestions to replace Smeargle?

Your team isn't only weak against Fighters, but with 2 Fire-types and an Electric-type, Ground and Rock Pokemon will RAPE your team. Charizard offsets the Ground weakness a bit with its resistance, but considering you're still vulnerable to Rock and Ground, as well as having three Normal Pokemon, you might want to look into a Water Pokemon that can stand up to Fighters. Starmie is a good choice if you want speed and versatility, while Slowbro makes a decent punching bag. Go with whichever suits your needs more.