PDA

View Full Version : Secret Key Promo on Wi-Fi and at Toys 'R' Us

Starry Might
13th April 2009, 02:42 PM
Secret Key to be available in North America

To be distributed via Wi-Fi and Toys "R" Us stores

The Secret Key will be available over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and at Toys "R" Us stores in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. They will be available via Wi-Fi from April 20 to May 12 and at Toys "R" Us stores from April 19-26. The gift is only available to players of the North American version on Pokémon Platinum. Mystery Gift will be utilized in both distributions. The Wonder Card obtained from the event can be shared to five other players of Platinum who have not received card.

The Secret Key is used to change Rotom to its other forms in Platinum. The player must have cleared the Galactic Eterna Building for the key to work.
Original Link (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Secret_Key_to_be_available_in_North_America) (may have loading issues)

Sooo, who's gonna do this and in what matter? Me and my Dad are gonna do it via the TRU route. :D

We gotta activate Mystery Gift in our games, though (I already know how).

Rossymore
13th April 2009, 02:48 PM
Argh! I hate not having Wi - Fi. It'd be nice to have a Rotom that didn't suck!

DarkestLight
13th April 2009, 03:18 PM
Umm....>>So what the hell's the point of collecting the 5 codes?
Pfft: Forget that. They're wallpapers. Ok yes I'm getting this via Mystery Gift. I got 2 Gyms left and yet...where is Rock Climb? >_o

EDIT: Rossy, when you buy Platinum you get a lil leaflet inside it that tells you Rotom has new forms in Platinum, and it gives you a code on the leaflet. I just figured out you gotta enter it somewhere and you basically unlock wallpaper with that specific Rotom design. Lame. Anyway.

Rossymore
13th April 2009, 03:22 PM
Come again?
It's somewhere on Route 217, it's one of the items on the snowy ground. Keep searching.

DarkestLight
13th April 2009, 04:24 PM
Pfft Im not there yet >>, Soooo it can wait.

Heald
13th April 2009, 05:46 PM
Once again, thanks Nintendo. Thanks for only thinking Japan and North America are your only markets. I hope you all rot in hell for your discriminatory behaviour.

Poryhedron
13th April 2009, 06:59 PM
I'm a bit surprised they're actually bothering to give out the item in North America. North Americans never get this kind of pokémon-unlocking item; they wimp out and just give us the pokémon instead of giving us the item we need to find the wild pokémon in our own games. I guess they finally gave up on doing that when they realized it won't work for Rotom.

DarkestLight
13th April 2009, 07:18 PM
Its coming to Europe :o. A few months late, but it'll be there.

Yeah, pretty sure they'll give up the danged Arceus instead of the item needed to ascend the top of Coronet, which IMO would be much more awesome.

Rossymore
13th April 2009, 07:23 PM
Bulbapedia say that Arceus will be in PMD3.
Also, the Arceus will be at Lv. 100 and will know:

Judgment
Roar of Time
Spacial Rend
Shadow Force

All signature moves of the dragon trio and the original one.

Bulbapedia is much better the Satanbii

Starry Might
15th April 2009, 12:54 PM
Argh! I hate not having Wi - Fi. It'd be nice to have a Rotom that didn't suck!
You can also get the Secret Key at Toys 'R' Us from April 19-26 (EDIT: if you said that because you don't live anywhere near one, though, I'm sorry :sorry:).

Umm....>>So what the hell's the point of collecting the 5 codes?
Pfft: Forget that. They're wallpapers. Ok yes I'm getting this via Mystery Gift. I got 2 Gyms left and yet...where is Rock Climb? >_o

EDIT: Rossy, when you buy Platinum you get a lil leaflet inside it that tells you Rotom has new forms in Platinum, and it gives you a code on the leaflet. I just figured out you gotta enter it somewhere and you basically unlock wallpaper with that specific Rotom design. Lame. Anyway.
So that's what they unlock?

Well, I like wallpapers, so I'll have to do that sometime soon! :D

Rossymore
15th April 2009, 01:02 PM
Yeeeah. I'm slightly in England.
I don't even know if there's a Toys - R - US near me. Also, I don't belive they'll even hand it out.

Hmm...looks like I'm sticking with a normal Rotom.

DarkestLight
15th April 2009, 04:11 PM
>_O Seriously PMD3? UUUURGH! I HATE the MD games. Why can't they release it in a new damn Ranger! Someones gonna hafta get me one then.

Rossymore
15th April 2009, 04:19 PM
MD games are awesome. Though MD1 was a bit...bad. MD2 was better.
Ranger games were fine but were too easy to complete.

Starry Might
20th April 2009, 02:42 PM
Yeeeah. I'm slightly in England.
I don't even know if there's a Toys - R - US near me. Also, I don't belive they'll even hand it out.

Hmm...looks like I'm sticking with a normal Rotom.
Yeah, and since this a NA-only event, I don't think that you could do it on Wi-Fi. Sorry. :sorry:

Speaking of Wi-Fi, that's how me and my Dad wound up getting the Secret Key early this morning here in our house. We went to Toys 'R' Us on SATURDAY (epic fail, I know - but I honestly thought it was the 19th!), and when I asked the guy in the Electronics department (who was a different one than the one who was there when we got Regigigas) and he set me straight, we went home. *FACEPALM*

Ah well, I got the Key anyway, thanks to Wi-Fi. :keke:

Fan Rotom, here I come!

DarkestLight
20th April 2009, 04:52 PM
Did it this morning. Saved in the room. Nice little journals there-lil bit of fleshing out of Charon there....

Phoenixsong
20th April 2009, 06:24 PM
Haven't had a chance to, but then again I don't need it because I got the Japanese one and just shared it with my English one. :P

ChobiChibi
21st April 2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah, and since this a NA-only event, I don't think that you could do it on Wi-Fi. Sorry. :sorry:

Yes, yes you can! ^^

I am also a Brit playing US Platinum, I downloaded my Rotom key on Monday. Silly Nintendo XD

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd April 2009, 12:52 PM
Ok, I kinda have a dumb question here. I don't have wireless internet at my house, I have DSL, which means that I have no wifi access at my house. The McDonald's right by my house does have wireless internet, so can I just go to McDonald's and get the Secret Key? It would be a lot more convenient than having to go to Toys R Us... any help would be appreciated!!

Jeff
22nd April 2009, 01:07 PM
It should work. WiFi is WiFi, no matter where you use it from.

Master Rudy
25th April 2009, 03:32 AM
Ok, I kinda have a dumb question here. I don't have wireless internet at my house, I have DSL, which means that I have no wifi access at my house. The McDonald's right by my house does have wireless internet, so can I just go to McDonald's and get the Secret Key? It would be a lot more convenient than having to go to Toys R Us... any help would be appreciated!!

I'm kinda new to the whole Nintendo Wi-Fi thing myself but as long as you have high speed internet and one free USB port then couldn't you just buy the Wii/DS USB adapter?

Charles Legend
28th April 2009, 01:57 PM
Well I missed it however lucky for me I know some one who did get it. ;)

~Charles Legend

Rossymore
28th April 2009, 04:28 PM
I missed it entirely and I still have no Wi - Fi. I need to burn my router and get one that likes DS's

Number1ChanseyFan
28th April 2009, 08:42 PM
I'm kinda new to the whole Nintendo Wi-Fi thing myself but as long as you have high speed internet and one free USB port then couldn't you just buy the Wii/DS USB adapter?
I really don't know lol that sounds like a good idea if it works... I am very computer illiterate... is it compatible with Apple computers?

Here is what smart people like me do... In order to avoid making a 20 minute drive to Toys R Us, I make a 1 minute drive to McDonalds, spend 20 minutes trying to get the Wifi to work, which I am unable to figure out, which leads to me making the 20 minute drive to Toys R Us that I was trying to avoid in the first place, after spending another 20 minutes at McDonalds. lol

Darien Shields
2nd May 2009, 12:12 AM
Hey, I've got a Japanese copy of Platinum, but I've managed to completely miss any chance of getting Rotom's key for the Japanese version. I heard that the key can be "shared" from another copy of the game. How does this work? Do you have to actually physically interact with the other copy, rather than connecting over the internet? Does anyone know if it shares across different region/language copies?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can give.