PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu

Magmar
29th April 2009, 02:47 PM
Let's all talk about swine flu. I wanna discuss it but unfortunately am out the door to a concert, so I can post tonight... this is my way of saying "let's talk about swine flu and YOU can start the topic!"

They just found some in my state today, so I'm super excited because if I catch swine flu I won't have to take finals.

Roy Karrde
29th April 2009, 03:33 PM
First Death in my state, and a reported case at a High School near my college. Anyway the regular flu kills around 36,000 Americans a year, so the Swine Flu has alot of ground to make up!

Blademaster
29th April 2009, 04:27 PM
Pandemic II swine flu leaves six billion dead within five months. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ol6gIoLx8)

Right, I'm packing my shit and moving to Australia now.

Heald
29th April 2009, 04:37 PM
Pandemic II swine flu leaves six billion dead within five months. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ol6gIoLx8)

Right, I'm packing my shit and moving to Australia now.
gg earth

Telume
29th April 2009, 08:33 PM
Actually I heard it's no longer Swine Flu, but an advanced strain of the Human Flu :P

Endy Ends
29th April 2009, 10:51 PM
The most effective way of preventing it is just to wash your hands, and other common sense things.

Dark-San
29th April 2009, 11:03 PM
It is an evolved strain from the HN51 Virus (Bird Flu btw) that got passed on to the pigs and in turn affected humans. They are just as deadly as Bird Flu but more effective in spreading on humans since pigs and humans alike are mammals. ~.~

In the end, it is best on how they contain the pandemic. The last thing I need now is for any silly diseases to ruin this little hope of economic recovery that we have now. >.<

Mystic_clown
30th April 2009, 12:05 AM
Some scientists in Australia are on the verge of creating a multi-strain unfluenza vaccine, so there is some hope. It's worked on mice, now let's see if it'll work on us.

Endy Ends
30th April 2009, 06:41 AM
threat lvl = 5

(pandemic is coming)

Jeff
30th April 2009, 12:39 PM
It seems that every time there's a disease outbreak there's always panic about it becoming a pandemic, but it never happens. Yeah we should be cautious, but we also need to realize that this isn't the end of the world.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
30th April 2009, 01:22 PM
I think the pharmaceutical industry is clapping their hands cause they can make a quick buck out of a senseless hysteria again.

Blademaster
30th April 2009, 03:30 PM
Pretty much. I was at the drug store earlier and there was a shitload of people buying cough syrup and vitamins and Advil and hazmat suits and whatever else. It was the most packed I've seen the place since... well, since the avian flu scare in '05. :/

Heald
30th April 2009, 03:55 PM
I love how stupid people are. They're like pigs, and if they get this flu, they're going to die like pigs.

Blademaster
30th April 2009, 04:05 PM
Are you implying that pigs are stupider than people? ):<

Heald
30th April 2009, 05:24 PM
No, I'm implying most people are pigs. Look how pig-like most people are: they're pink, mostly hairless, are fat and sweaty, live in their own filth and will do anything for food. Humanity is possibly one of the most ridiculous species in existence: they have been blessed with the gifts of intelligence, logic and reason, and instead they choose to run around being complete tools. Most humans are easily expendable, and hardly any humans have the endearing qualities most animals seem to possess.

Telume
30th April 2009, 07:11 PM
I don't share as bleak an outlook on humanity as Heald but, I will tell you one thing. Pandemics will probably not happen again IMO. We've advanced too much for one to happen, if anything the Flu is something we can combat. At least in the developed nations.

The deadliest epidemic is the one we can't combat, like some uncurable disease we may not have heard of.

And an even scarier thought: A disease we ourselves created.

Endy Ends
30th April 2009, 09:00 PM
I still can't understand why they raised the threat lvl?

Asilynne
1st May 2009, 10:50 AM
Im not worried about personally dying from it even though if it gets around in my area Ill probably end up getting it because I always seem to catch the flu -.- (hoping I wont but whatever, if I get sick Ill just go to the doc). The only thing Im worried about is if it does hit my area I dont want my little nephew to get sick, hes just a baby :<

homeofmew
1st May 2009, 03:35 PM
They are recommending people not visiting their loved ones at the hospital I work at because of swine flu.

Magmar
4th May 2009, 11:40 AM
I want swine flu :(

Dark-San
4th May 2009, 12:06 PM
People that return from Mexico are quarantine for a minimum period of 7 days. One of my friend that was recall from a university exchange program in Mexico got infected with a cold. It caused a little panic for a while here but all goes well after they diagnosis it with as a common flu.

And also Asian stocks here rallied on the positive economic outlook. STI gained by at least 5%! Looks like the swine flu isn't that deadly as initially fear, which is good news. And also for the lulz,

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/vermontaigne/-1-3.jpg

Ultimate Charizard
4th May 2009, 12:17 PM
Well we had our first confirmed human to human cases last week. Their condition?

"Well i felt a little under the weather but im definitely starting to feel better now" one was quoted as saying over the phone while quarantined in his home.

Though saying that your average Brit would say that if it was the Bubonic plague. 'Tis but a flesh wound!'

As expected, the second the outbreak reached a country where the population arent living ontop of each other, with most of them in poverty, and with a Health system more advanced than a band-aid and a couple of Aspirin, the threat seems to lessen somewhat and now we get the politicians and media journalists backtracking and covering their asses for raising such a rediculous panic in the first place with 5 pages a day of 'WERE ALL GONNA DIE!' to shift a few newspapers.

Blademaster
4th May 2009, 12:49 PM
Knew it. SARS was bullshit. H5N1 was bullshit. But at least THEY had the courtesy to kill the entire BIRD population of a continent. What did H1N1 do? Kill a few Mexicans. Didn't even wipe out a million pigs as an afterthought.

Weak God. Really weak. You're getting soft in your old age. :mad2:

DarkestLight
4th May 2009, 04:31 PM
o.O Didn't Egypt kill all their pigs though to be safe (Thought that hilarious myself)

Houndoom_Lover
4th May 2009, 04:53 PM
The Swine Bird Human Flu just sounds horrific. I had to explain to my friend why it was Swine Bird Human. She was all like, "It doesn't come from eating pigs."

-w- Yes. Wow. A few cases have errupted sort of nearby where I live. But much like West Nile, so...I just hope I don't get it.

Drago
4th May 2009, 09:36 PM
o.O Didn't Egypt kill all their pigs though to be safe (Thought that hilarious myself)
That's what I heard, and if that's the case then it's bound to have an impact on their economy. Not saying that Egypt lives and dies on pork sales, but when you wipe out nearly all of a species, it's bound to have repercussions, particularly on pig farmers. Unless, I mean, there were only like five pigs in Egypt to begin with.

Houndoom_Lover
5th May 2009, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure if pig farming is a profitable thing to do there- I mean, c'mon, only Catholics and Catholic knock offs are allowed to eat it, and how many of those people live there? And maybe other, non-singal deity people might like a tasty pork snack but...*tappers off to get a tasty pork snack*

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th May 2009, 02:43 AM
Belgium got spared.

(..or saved..)

And yes, humans are trash.