PDA

View Full Version : Hey! I just found out...

Pokemaster Ash
1st May 2009, 07:32 AM
You can actually prolong how long a Pokémon is in the Trophy Garden by not talking to Mr. Backlot. I'm actually on my third day of having Eevee in the garden (I'm trying to get specific natures for the Eeveelutions). I did not talk to him at all yesterday, and after giving up trying to get Mr. Backlot to try to say Eevee today ('cause I figured it was gone), I just went to the garden and found an Eevee (and I have nothing else active in the garden, Eevee was my first garden encounter).

I'm guessing the two-day thing may just be working on the assumption that you talk to him every day, with whatever you get by talking to him on the third day overwriting what's there the first. If you don't talk to him, whatever you have set there stays until you do.

So I guess if you don't like the natures or IVs on something you caught in the garden and haven't talked to Mr. Backlot since, you have another chance...

Jeff
1st May 2009, 09:40 AM
Not saying you're wrong or anything, but you should still think of the possibility that you happened to randomly get Eevee again. If you keep getting Eevee without talking to Mr. Backlot for another day or two, then that would be a good sign that this is true.

Pokemaster Ash
1st May 2009, 12:04 PM
Well the thing is, Eevee is the ONLY thing I have in the garden right now. I didn't talk to him yesterday, so nothing new was added to the garden, and I ultimately didn't talk to him this morning and Eevee is still there. Unlike the swarms, I don't think what is actually in the garden is affected by anything other than what Mr. Backlot says is there (the clock only affecting when he says something else is there). I think I have a pretty solid idea on how the Trophy Garden works going by this.

Now if only they didn't screw with the levels of the stuff in the garden in Platinum, I might be finished with my little project by now, and this pleasant discovery wouldn't have been made. Kinda blows that your only method (that I know of) for attracting wilds of a certain nature is Synchronize. Otherwise maybe I would have found what I wanted already...

Telume
2nd May 2009, 01:59 AM
Actually, I've had Eevee as my Trophy Garden pokemon for about 3 weeks now, and every time I go in the trophy garden I get a random Eevee.

So I guess I kind of prove your point?

Oh yeah, and I haven't talked to Backlot for quite some time now.

Pokemaster Ash
2nd May 2009, 11:38 AM
Well I'm on Day 4 of Eevee...

Myth Confirmed, I guess? *clunk*