PDA

View Full Version : What are we going to do about Heart Gold/Soul Silver?

firepokemon
9th May 2009, 07:15 PM
Well only Jeff really knows the status of the site. We don't have much content. I'll be perfectly honest and say I haven't done anything about the content I was providing for months now. Mr. Pikachu seems in particular to be busy and not be on TPM much. What is the status with the site?

Now on to the actual topic. Heart Gold and Soul Silver in my opinion give us an opportunity. While we won't have the speed of say Pokebeach or Serebii nor we really have the people to post the most quality stuff. Regardless, people won't be coming here to get their pokemon news and info. We know that, we shouldn't pretend otherwise. Its ironic, since TPM's big days was in RBY and GSC and one could say we became number one with the release of Gold and Silver in Japan. If we are to cover Heart Gold and Soul Silver we need to decide very soon whether we're doing that or not. I think we should but we should only do it if we begin the process very soon.

Hence I'm asking, what do we do about it?

Jeff
9th May 2009, 07:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I'm trying to get things going as fast as possible, but I don't have much to work with. Sometime in the coming week (after I finish with finals) I plan on getting much of the info from the old site onto the new one, but other than that, I can't really do anything else on my own. I created a HG/SS-themed design, but we desperately need someone with artistic skills to draw a banner for it. Also, I've been planning a news system where we can post news from the forums. I've been setting the site side up, but we'll need some admin assistance on the forum-side. Plus there's the question of who will be allowed to post in the news forum. Obviously letting just anyone post there would be a disaster.

This is the time to bring back TPM. We have a window of opportunity here and I really don't want us to just wait around until it closes on us.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th May 2009, 12:29 AM
Oh yes we should get some results and the site up, otherwise you guys have worked in vain.

I wish I could do something. Perhaps we should have shared the tasks more precisely in the first place. And for instance, I haven't done TVTOKYO Yokokus too much. I don't even know if they are needed for the new site.

Serebii, Bulbapedia and others are surely also getting the material regarding the new games ready. If we want to be the first ones to launch accurate info on those, the website should be up in a few weeks, and that's impossible because we are lacking a lot of other content.

Heald
10th May 2009, 07:57 AM
I agree. We either need to get it up running now, or we miss our shot and have to wait until the next big thing. I know I haven't signed on to anything on the site but I do have some areas of expertise and would be more than happy to proxy until we get something more permanent up.

Telume
11th May 2009, 01:15 AM
As I already told Jeff, I can do a banner, but I need good drawings. That's the only thing that's hampering, the temp banner you see on the site right now is one I created from scratch using nothing but flash.

Obviously though, we can't use that on a production site. I've gotten the applet set up to the extent it needs, if you looked in the IRC topic you can confirm that for yourselves.

As for the news forum I think I have a suggestion.

In many sites thus far I've seen that the only person who really posts is usually the head honcho. So, I think, that the people working on the project, should select maybe.. 5-6 people and call them the Blogging Team or The News Team, whatever you want to call them, it's up to you.

What they will do is scour the internet and basically find the news. And of course they WILL update the News forum with any updates for TPM itself (we can't neglect that now can we?)

And of course aside from the admins and (possibly) mods, they will be the ones who will constantly be keeping up with the updates for the site as well as any pokemon news or whatnot that may come up and as we expand and (re)grow, we will expand them... maybe in 2-3 months time we might need maybe 10 people? (you never know).

EDIT: Also, as an alternative to that idea, you don't HAVE to give the team the power to post in the forum, you could just assign them the duty of finding news and reporting it to the appropriate person who can post the news up.

What do you guys think?

(Remember: I'm not saying DO IT, it's just an idea.)

And in regards to opening the site:

Jeff is absolutely right, I think we'd probably need to beat at LEAST the JP release of the versions (Which I think at the pace we're going is very much possible) I've seen the progress of the site and it's going pretty well I'd say.

Jeff
17th May 2009, 09:44 AM
There's going to be problems associated with having just the head honcho posting, especially considering our head honcho isn't around much. Plus the original TPM was very community-centric, something I'd like to preserve in the new iteration. So with that said we're definitively going with the news-posting team. Anyone who's interested, please say so in the sign-up thread!

Lady Vulpix
17th May 2009, 10:27 AM
What kind of drawings do you need for the banner?

Telume
17th May 2009, 12:36 PM
What kind of drawings do you need for the banner?

It doesn't matter, as long as it's characters and they're staring at the audience, maybe doing a random action. Obviously they need to be pokemon-related.

Lady Vulpix
17th May 2009, 12:48 PM
That's too vague a request. Are we talking about pokemon? Characters from the games/anime? Legendaries? A mixture of all? Or what?

Jeff
17th May 2009, 12:53 PM
Anything related to HeartGold and SoulSilver. Lugia and Ho-oh would be good, as would the trainers from those games. Maybe even add the Johto starters and badges.

Lady Vulpix
17th May 2009, 01:04 PM
OK, give me 10 days and I'll draw the 5 pokemon you've mentioned. Someone else can take care of the trainers and badges, otherwise it will take me a very long time (I'm not very fast at drawing and I have a very busy schedule, the only reason I'm offering my help right now is because I don't want us to miss this chance).

Telume
17th May 2009, 04:25 PM
And as soon as I get the images I'll get to work on a test banner, I'll try to do it in as many styles as I can.

Lady Vulpix
20th May 2009, 04:38 PM
Here are my sketches of the Johto starters (to be inked, cleaned, colored, resized, assembled, etc.) I'm posting them here so that you people can post comments and suggestions before I complete the process (for example, if you think I got some of the proportions wrong, or if you don't like one of the poses, etc.) Of course, if I have to redraw a pokemon completely, it may take me a bit longer.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6116/starterssketch.th.png (http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=starterssketch.png)

I will draw the legendary birds as soon as I can.

Number1ChanseyFan
20th May 2009, 09:23 PM
Here are my sketches of the Johto starters (to be inked, cleaned, colored, resized, assembled, etc.) I'm posting them here so that you people can post comments and suggestions before I complete the process (for example, if you think I got some of the proportions wrong, or if you don't like one of the poses, etc.) Of course, if I have to redraw a pokemon completely, it may take me a bit longer.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6116/starterssketch.th.png (http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=starterssketch.png)

I will draw the legendary birds as soon as I can.
The picture is coming up pretty small on my computer but from what I can tell it looks really good to me!!

Blademaster
20th May 2009, 10:34 PM
Totodile looks great.

Cyndaquil looks a bit odd considering the unusual pose, but OK. Maybe define the thighs/hips a bit more - it looks like it has a shell.

Chikorita looks hideous. No disrespect, but I thought that its right forepaw was a saggy breast at first glance. Its forearms should be as big as its hind legs, if not bigger:

http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/ani152.gif

Also, the eyes make it look like Dr. Insano, and the leaf is bent. Chikorita's leaf has a slight curve. Bayleef is the one with the bent leaf.

Take it slow, Gabi. Pokemon proportions are damn-near impossible to get right, especially after only a day's work.

Telume
21st May 2009, 01:42 AM
Great work for a first day, also try to make them individual drawings like the one of Chikorita above, I'd like to be able to play with the positioning of each character to see what fits best.

Lady Vulpix
21st May 2009, 08:03 AM
Christen, you were supposed to click on the thumbnail.

Of course I will, Telume. That's why I drew them apart from each other.

I was trying to make Chikorita's leaf look like it was spinning. I guess it didn't work.

OK, apparently trying to draw unusual poses doesn't work, people want to see the pokemon in the same 2 or 3 poses as they always show up. That's good to know, then I can just copy one of those images and not bother trying something original.

But then why draw them at all? Why not just pick some of the many non-copyrighted images on the web and assemble them?

Jeff
21st May 2009, 08:27 AM
Chikorita does look a bit odd. Keep the pose, but the proportions need fixing.

Cyndaquil and Totodile are both good, especially Totodile, I wouldn't change a thing there.

Lady Vulpix
21st May 2009, 08:31 AM
OK, thanks. I'll work on that.

Edit: OK, Chikorita take 2, redone from scratch, and Cyndaquil with more rounded thighs. Tips and advice are welcome, but please refrain from using words like 'hideous' or the likes.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8987/starterssketch2.th.png (http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=starterssketch2.png)

Heald
21st May 2009, 08:43 AM
Totodile by far looks the best, followed by Cyndaquil. Chikorita does look really weird though.

Lady Vulpix
21st May 2009, 09:16 AM
Duly noted. What about my latest submission? (I edited my previous post because I didn't see any replies and I didn't want to double-post.)

Heald
21st May 2009, 09:21 AM
Chikorita looks a lot better, I think the front legs are a tad too long though, plus the eyes might be a bit too close together. I know you're trying to go for that enthusiastic look that Chikorita has, but there is a fine line between that and a DERP expression that seems to be prevailing here.

Cyndaquil generally looks good but it's hard to gauge how he will look when finished as the pencil flames obviously don't reflect how it will look when coloured. The body is fine.

Lady Vulpix
21st May 2009, 09:41 AM
OK, I've done a few minor changes. I think it looks a bit better now. I don't know what DERP means (and the urban dictionary didn't help), but it sounds like something bad, so I hope it doesn't look like that anymore.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8309/starterschikorita.th.png (http://img30.imageshack.us/my.php?image=starterschikorita.png)

Heald
21st May 2009, 10:31 AM
DERP:

http://media.skateboard.com.au/forum/images/DERP2.jpg

Basically, try and make it look less like this.

Phoenixsong
21st May 2009, 10:46 AM
Not bad at all, Gabi. I don't see much wrong with Chikorita's pose, other than I think you should try making its hind legs slightly more perpendicular--it looks a touch off-balance to me.

Lady Vulpix
21st May 2009, 11:05 AM
Hmm... something like this?

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9989/starterschikorita2.th.png (http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=starterschikorita2.png)

Who would have thought drawing a Chikorita would be so hard?

mr_pikachu
21st May 2009, 11:31 AM
Hey, Chikorita's one of those odd Pokemon that's pretty much shapeless for the most part... try making a Ditto look how it's "supposed" to look and it's obvious how difficult the task is.

But your rendition of it looks pretty good to me, Gabi. Granted, I'm no art critic, but I don't see much to improve at this point.

Oh, and I'm back, all. Hi. :wave:

Lady Vulpix
21st May 2009, 12:02 PM
Hi, Brian!

Oh, Ditto's easy. After all, it's a shapeshifter. Any shape will do. :P

I've done a minor modification to the left hind leg, but I don't think it's worth rescanning, I think it's fine as it is now.

OK, I'll be away on Saturday, Sunday and Monday and I doubt I'll be able to do much tomorrow, but I'm taking these drawings for inking during my trip to Salta, and I'll try to draw Ho-oh and Lugia when I return.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Heald
21st May 2009, 12:55 PM
The latest rendition looks good. Once there's some colour and detail and such, it'll look great.

Telume
21st May 2009, 04:31 PM
Christen, you were supposed to click on the thumbnail.

Of course I will, Telume. That's why I drew them apart from each other.

I was trying to make Chikorita's leaf look like it was spinning. I guess it didn't work.

OK, apparently trying to draw unusual poses doesn't work, people want to see the pokemon in the same 2 or 3 poses as they always show up. That's good to know, then I can just copy one of those images and not bother trying something original.

But then why draw them at all? Why not just pick some of the many non-copyrighted images on the web and assemble them?

Because even if I take non-copyrighted images, someone is gonna bitch. So to avoid that I'd rather use work from people on the site :P, make sense?

PancaKe
23rd May 2009, 01:39 AM
Can't we just access drawings that have been done by members in FanArt and from the old website again? That would at least give us a starting point and then we can fix pictures and even offer people the chance to get their drawing in our banner. :-) Kids love those kind of colouring in competitions. lololol.

Jeff
23rd May 2009, 10:10 AM
Well, I tried starting a banner competition, but due to lack of interest we had to do this instead. I didn't think of digging up old fanart though. As long as those who posted them are fine with it, that would be a great idea!

mr_pikachu
23rd May 2009, 10:40 AM
For that matter, we could ask the people who still frequent Oekaki....

Telume
23rd May 2009, 01:04 PM
For that matter, we could ask the people who still frequent Oekaki....

We could do that but we'd still need to ask the people who MADE the image if they're okay with it.

Edit: And Gabi's already working on some stuff, I'd feel better seeing what she's done as well.

Lady Vulpix
27th May 2009, 07:20 PM
Want to see? Here's something to look at.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8070/chikoritaw.png

Real life is eating me alive and, against all expectations, I had no Internet access in Salta. I'm sorry, this is turning out to be harder than I'd expected. Cyndaquil and Totodile are inked and scanned, and should be colored on or around Sunday. I'm afraid the birds will have to wait, unless someone else wants to take them. If anyone wants to fix Chikorita in any way, feel free to do so.

Heald
27th May 2009, 07:25 PM
That's looking a lot better Gabi. Can't wait to see the other two.

Blademaster
27th May 2009, 07:35 PM
I can handle the birds for you.

Lady Vulpix
29th May 2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks, Blademaster.

Cyndaquil is here!

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6827/cyndaquil.png

Telume
29th May 2009, 01:58 PM
That's looking great!

I'll work on the positioning of the characters on the banner and stuff.

Roy Karrde
30th May 2009, 10:07 PM
I don't know if anyone has offered this, but I wouldn't mind watching Pokemon Sunday each week, and posting updates and screen caps of Heart Gold/Soul Silver news as it happens. If anything we could possibly beat Serebii by a couple of hours!

Oh and...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Roykarrde/PokeGear1.jpg

Old PokeGear, I'll be sure to do the new one when I get a better look at it open.

Phoenixsong
31st May 2009, 12:52 AM
Ooh, Roy, that looks really interesting. Can't wait to see the new gear.

In other news: Gabi's drawing the starters and Blade is drawing the two legendary birds, but I felt like drawing *something* and so there's this (http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5987/suicune1sketch.png). (Would've drawn trainers if I had any confidence in my ability to draw humans; I'm working on it, but I'd rather practice on my own instead of giving anything substandard to the revival effort.) I know it wasn't part of the original plans but eh, there's probably some place you can tuck it in. If you think there's any place for it anytime soon then I can clean it up, color it, etc., maybe draw Raikou and Entei if you like.

Telume
31st May 2009, 01:01 AM
Hey that's nice. All these images are actually giving me ideas for the banner. Thanks everybody.

Blademaster
31st May 2009, 06:54 AM
Alpha sketches of the two Birds are go.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/Soul_of_the_Phoenix/HGSS.png

Ho-Oh I'm proud of, considering I've never drawn the thing before.

Lugia, on the other hand... Well, for both of these guys, I was going for "Look at how majestic I am." poses. Lugia to me seems to be in more of an "IMAGINATION" pose.

Speak, TPM. Share your insight with me.

Heald
31st May 2009, 08:34 AM
Lugia's legs need to be fatter and shorter. Those are like greyhound legs. Also, his 'thumbs' are too rounded and small, they need to look less like thumbs, basically. I also think the tail looks too long and tapers far too quickly, the stump of the tail needs to be fatter and it needs to taper more proportionally. Feet need to be wider I guess and the spines on his back need to be slightly more rounded and they need to be slightly wider at the top.

Ho-oh looks pretty damned good for an alpha sketch, although the wings and tail feathers need to be more majestic and bigger, especially the tail feathers. The claws could look more threatening, they're looking a bit to chicken-esque for my tastes.

I think both birds need to be a bit fatter, perhaps a bit pot-bellied.

Overall, good for first sketches, can't wait to see the redoes.

Telume
31st May 2009, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I've seen the official artwork, as far as Lugia's concerned it's a bit too thin Ho-Oh is harder to tell because the only artwork for it is usually when it's seen Flying.

Lady Vulpix
31st May 2009, 01:00 PM
That looks great, Phoenixsong!
...And last, but not least, we have Totodile!

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3962/totodile.png

This one took me a while, but I think it came out rather well. I've even tried some serous shading (which, in my case, means using many layers and dedicating a couple of hours to the shading process).

Heald
31st May 2009, 01:02 PM
Wow, Totodile looks incredible. That looks better than some official art work. Nice job!

Lady Vulpix
31st May 2009, 02:28 PM
Wow... I didn't expect such praise! I'm flattered now. http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

But I'm really glad you like it. :)

Telume
31st May 2009, 02:42 PM
Totodile looks SWEET! I would actually think that was official artwork.

Heald
31st May 2009, 07:13 PM
Is it because it is praise, or because it is praise from me, which, I'll admit, is like gold dust in these parts?

Lady Vulpix
31st May 2009, 08:57 PM
Partly because it's from you, and partly because my best hopes included something along the lines of "hey, that came out quite nicely, we can work with it". Hearing someone say it looks like (or better than) official artwork was far beyond my expectations.

Houndoom_Lover
31st May 2009, 09:12 PM
I winged by here to take a look and was super suprised! I just love that Totodile- It looks just like the real deal.

And those Alpha sketches- coming along nicely. Ho-Oh looks just about perfect, and I like how you've colour coded them ^_^

Blademaster
31st May 2009, 10:46 PM
OK, so Lugia needs:

-shorter, thicker legs
-larger 'thumbs,' perhaps splayed like in the SS artwork
-shorter, more uniform tail
-wider feet
-larger breast
-rounder, broader spines

And Ho-Oh needs:

-larger, more grandiose plumage
-more wicked claws
-SLIGHTLY larger breast

Done and done. Working on them right now. We WILL not disappoint. *salute*

Jeff
31st May 2009, 10:53 PM
Phoenixsong, keep going with Entei/Raikou/Suicune, I'm sure I'll be able to find a use for them (I'm thinking about putting them down in the footer).

I can't wait until the banner's finished so I can add it to the site and we see what it looks like!

Blademaster
1st June 2009, 12:35 AM
Beta sketches of Lugia and Ho-Oh are up.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/Soul_of_the_Phoenix/HGSS.png

The changes are subtle, but I like Lugia's body shape more now. You were right, Heald: It does look more natural.

Ho-Oh is even more subtle, but the wings are a bit broader and the tail is definitely longer. It looks sideways while the rest of the bird is a 3/4 view, but I can fix that in the paper-computer transition. The crest is also a bit more shapely.

You know the drill, TPM. Talk to me.

Heald
1st June 2009, 05:26 AM
I can't draw for jack but I can call them like I sees 'em. Lugia definitely looks a lot better.

I still think Ho-oh's wings could be grander. I think the upper plumage is too thin, especially at the shoulders (it starts out thin then widens out, I think it should start wide, become slightly wider in the middle and gradually become thinner at the wing-tips). The lower plumage ought to be more or less exactly as long as the upper plumage above it is.

Blademaster
1st June 2009, 06:28 AM
I take it by "upper" you mean the red feathers and by "lower" you mean the green ones.

Heald
1st June 2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah, basically.

Blademaster
1st June 2009, 05:24 PM
Alright then. I'll leave Lugia as is and give Ho-Oh bigger wings. Should be done by tomorry.

PancaKe
1st June 2009, 11:37 PM
Gabi, your totodile is incredible!
And Blade, I like your drawings :-)
I though the first ones were fine. I don't think these need to be PERFECT

Blademaster
2nd June 2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks, caKe.

But the first ones initially looked a lot different, actually. They only look the same now because I deleted the original Photobucket link and saved the new drawings using the same name...

OK, I'm leaving Lugia as it is. That being said, here's the final sketch of Ho-Oh:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/Soul_of_the_Phoenix/Ho-Oh.png

Ho-Oh's wings are large enough to support it in flight now. The tail has also been tweaked a bit. The excess feathers will be weeded out during the linework phase.

Anything else?

Heald
2nd June 2009, 11:19 AM
The wings look more uniform and better shaped now. They just look a bit unnatural now, somehow. Overall though, looking good.

Jeff
11th June 2009, 02:20 PM
So, what's the status on this?

Not to sound pushy or anything, but I'm hoping to have the site ready by the end of the month.

Telume
11th June 2009, 03:00 PM
I haven't been able to do much recently in the way of the banner, I've been busy. I had Exams recently. I'll start working on it again tonight.

Blademaster
12th June 2009, 11:45 AM
Oh SHIT! I forgot all about the Bird drawings!

OK, OK, gimme a couple of days... They're lined in on MSPaint. All I gotta do is color and shade them.

I'll do Lugia first, since it's mostly white already anyway. It shouldn't be much trouble to color it and get it up by the morning.

EDIT: Lugia is done.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/Soul_of_the_Phoenix/Lugia.png

Finished lining, coloring, and shading it this morning.

Houndoom_Lover
12th June 2009, 04:01 PM
Lugia looks awesome!!! ^o^ The shading's perfect

Roy Karrde
12th June 2009, 05:27 PM
Art for the new Pokedex for HG SS has been shown

Found here (http://nov.2chan.net:81/b/src/1244784671466.jpg)

Would you like 3D Models of these Pokedexes for the site?

Jeff
12th June 2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah, that would be cool to have for the site's pokedex.

Oh, and Lugia's looking good, can't wait to see the finished banner when it's done!

Blademaster
18th June 2009, 06:54 PM
Damn cold has kept me stuck in bed a lot, but the horse tranquilizers antibiotics have gotten me back on my feet. And back into MSPaint. Ho-Oh is DONE:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/Soul_of_the_Phoenix/Ho-Oh-1.png

It's hard to shade something that generates its own light, but I think it looks alright. It better considering how many times I've restarted the shading process. :sweat:

Next time, I'LL do the starters.

Jeff
18th June 2009, 10:54 PM
Looks good!

So, all 5 pokemon are done, that just leaves the banner itself. Once that's done, all that's really needed is the news script. I'll set that up once the banner's done, and after that, the site will go live! So yeah, Telume it's all you now. No pressure or anything.:P

Blademaster
18th June 2009, 11:33 PM
Oh, one more thing...

Here's Lugia (http://superblade.deviantart.com/art/The-Guardian-of-Dusk-and-Moon-125679536) and Ho-Oh (http://superblade.deviantart.com/art/The-Guardian-of-Dawn-and-Sun-126421579) in better quality. Dunno why, but Photobucket just LOVES to besmirch my work with jagged, irregular-ass pixels. If you full-view them on dA, they'll look less shitty. Whoever's making the banner, use those. Not the distorted ones Photobucket gave me to put here. I'm sure Gabi shares the sentiment.

Thanks.

Jeff
18th June 2009, 11:49 PM
OK, just had an AIM chat with Telume. He said he dosn't have the time to do the banner now, but he doesn't mind if someone else does it. So, any volunteers?

Jeff
21st June 2009, 11:47 PM
*raises hand*

Yeah, I'll give it a go. If anyone else wants to take a stab at it, I won't be offended in the least bit.

By the way, Blade, Lugia and Ho-oh still look jagged in full view. I'll probably be able to smooth them all out in paint.net though.

Blademaster
22nd June 2009, 03:16 PM
Even on dA?

Jeff
23rd June 2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah.

Anyway, here's what I've come up with so far. Lugia's outline looks jagged though, so that's going to have to be smoothed out somehow.

Edit: The background isn't actually white, it's transparent.

Roy Karrde
28th June 2009, 08:53 PM
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8043/present1s.jpg

I am currently doing a 3D Model of the Johto Pokedex for a friend, if you guys want I can send you high rez pictures of the model for the website.

Jeff
28th June 2009, 10:12 PM
Yes yes YES!

I plan on doing the pokedex as the next big project for the site. You know, as soon as I find the time between helping with the planning of my grandparents' 50th anniversary and my sister's wedding :/.

Anyway, something like that would be a cool pic to add to the page, maybe I could even make a pokedex-specific banner out of it.

Roy Karrde
28th June 2009, 11:04 PM
Okay Jeff I guess my next question would be what color do want them in, Red with Black buttons? Pink and White? For the screen would you want a Map of Johto on it, or multiple pics with profiles of the the starters on it. Mind you I can make as many textures as you want since it is only like a two second change, so we can do multiple different versions of what is shown on the screen and the color of the device.

Jeff
28th June 2009, 11:12 PM
If you could do both, one open one closed, that's what I'd like. Since it's a pokedex, it makes more sense to have the pokemon entries, yeah I know the map is a reference to the location page, but it's easier to make the pokedex-pokemon connection than it is to make the pokedex-map connection.

Well, what does everyone else think?

Blademaster
29th June 2009, 03:35 PM
Open red Pokedex showing off Roy's favorite Pokemon (Ten bucks says it's gonna be Kirlia.).

Closed blue Pokedex with blinking light.

Aw, yeah. THAT's badass. :hellyeah:

Roy Karrde
29th June 2009, 04:09 PM
Open red Pokedex showing off Roy's favorite Pokemon (Ten bucks says it's gonna be Kirlia.).

Closed blue Pokedex with blinking light.

Aw, yeah. THAT's badass. :hellyeah:

Chikorita Biatches, anyway I can do a blinking light, here is the render that I did for my friend, Mind you the color choices were her decision as well as the map, and name. I also have not properly lit it yet, but it shows you how cool the blinking light is.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6624/finalt.jpg

Telume
30th June 2009, 01:33 PM
Holy shit, Dexter went to Pimp My PokeDex didn't he?

Kurosakura
1st July 2009, 09:33 PM
Wow Roy, I feel less special now, you jerk.

Kidding, kidding. I really appreciate the present, even though we all know you're just showing off.

ANYWAYS. I was thinking about drawing Gold and Soul, so um.. yeah. I'll have the images inked and scanned within 2-3 days. (Because Roy's confident in my skills as an artist like that.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/annachen8420/Final.jpg

Edit: I was up at 1AM last night doodling because I'm a bum like that. It's not amazing, but I tried just doing torsos, cause if it were a banner, we won't need their whole bodies. Anyways, my scanner sucks, so deal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/annachen8420/Pokemon/Scan10058.jpg

Roy Karrde
7th July 2009, 10:54 PM
I had a WHOLE lot of nuttin to do today so...

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3473/pokedextpm.jpg

Jeff
7th July 2009, 11:11 PM
Looks awesome!

I wish I could find a day when I have a whole lotta nuttin to do, then I'll be able to put that to good use.;)

Telume
8th July 2009, 01:58 AM
Honestly seeing that pokedex is making me feel nostalagia.

I kinda wish it was real now D:

Roy Karrde
11th August 2009, 09:58 PM
Since no one else has posted and we have more stuff on Heart Gold/Soul Silver does anyone want any new models? Such as say the little mini berry planters you get in the game?

Telume
11th August 2009, 11:56 PM
My question is, will the Sevii Islands return for Kanto or was that just a gimmick for the FR/LG games.

EDIT: Actually I think we should make that a debate topic for the news, have the members actually participate in it for once. I'd like to see how many comments we get for that.

Jeff
3rd September 2009, 02:22 PM
OK, so HG/SS is out in about a week. So just to make sure everything's ready, who here is going to be playing to post info? I need to make sure you have the proper posting privileges so you can post directly to the main page. That said, anyone who plans on playing to post, make sure you set up your news account if you haven't already done so.

firepokemon
5th September 2009, 08:23 PM
I probably won't post that much to the main page. Main page stuff will be news and some info. I hope to do a gymleaders page and stuff like that. But I'd prefer to post that type of stuff in the forum so that it can be edited and stuff. And I don't do sprites or anything like that so that will have to be done by someone else.