PDA

View Full Version : News poster sign-up *once more from the top*

Jeff
16th May 2009, 09:49 AM
We're looking for members who want to post news for the main page. Anyone is welcome to sign up. No additional information other than your username is needed, so all you need to do is reply to this thread and say you're interested. Of course, if you have any questions, ask here.

Edit: You'll now have to go to http://www.pokemasters.tk and sign up there. After that, post the username you used to sign up there and I'll give you the appropriate privileges.

Heald
16th May 2009, 11:40 AM
I check most video game websites regularly, so I guess if I had a position of responsibility to try and get the latest info on Pokemon-related items, I could contribute and make sure I double-check for Pokemon stuff.

firepokemon
17th May 2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah sign me up.

Jeff
28th May 2009, 02:34 PM
Just to make it clear, I plan on being a news poster too.

Jeff
19th June 2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry about this, but had to switch to plan B which means you'll have to sign up at http://www.pokemasters.tk first and then post your username here.

Telume
19th June 2009, 09:56 PM
I guess since I'm gonna be making a few things for TPMs downloads section I may as well sign up to to be able to post some updates on it.

My name will be Vash, just like in the chatroom

Jeff
20th June 2009, 01:49 PM
OK I just added the link to the News CP so those who have signed up and have received news-posting privileges can now actually post news. (Yeah, forgot about it before :sweat4:)

All requests have been filled except for Heald who hasn't registered yet.

Charles Legend
21st June 2009, 07:41 PM
Err I did sign up but when I go to sign in it says my user name and pass word is wrong.

~Charles Legnend

Jeff
21st June 2009, 08:42 PM
Err I did sign up but when I go to sign in it says my user name and pass word is wrong.

~Charles Legnend

Blame it on a typo. You accidentally put your username in as Chales_Legend. I fixed it so you can now log in as Charles_Legend.

Charles Legend
21st June 2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks Jeff one small thing why am I geting this? Access Denied for your user-level (commenter)

~Charles Legend

Telume
23rd June 2009, 05:20 PM
My guess is Jeff hasn't changed your user level yet so there may be things you can't do until he does.

Jeff
23rd June 2009, 05:30 PM
Oops, didn't know you wanted posting privileges, I'll go ahead and set that up.

Edit: Done

Charles Legend
24th June 2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you Jeff.

~Charles Legend

Telume
24th June 2009, 10:37 PM
I'm guessing that the News Poster sign-ups are closed now?

Jeff
24th June 2009, 11:07 PM
I certainly think we have enough, but it wouldn't be fair to lock others out of getting the ability to post news, so I'll leave this thread open. However, I will start getting more selective perhaps. For security reasons, it obviously wouldn't be a good idea to have so many accounts with a user-level that can post to the main page!

Telume
25th June 2009, 01:21 AM
... or able to edit news for that matter?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th June 2009, 10:42 PM
Well I don't really know if I should sign up and begin to post news. But do you need a functional E-mail to do this? My old jippii account isn't working and I can't change my TPM password. I do have Gmail but isn't it banned?

Jeff
28th June 2009, 10:45 PM
Not on the site, that's just the forums.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th June 2009, 10:52 PM
OK, I confused it. If you feel like it, sign me up! I'm in as mikachu.

Jeff
28th June 2009, 11:01 PM
OK, you're ready.

... or able to edit news for that matter?

Yeah, I set the first few to sign up as editors since I figured we'd need them, but now I've started giving new sign-ups the "Journalist" level.

Also, as a security precaution, from time to time I'll likely change user levels of inactive members back down, so everyone should be aware of that. I'll only do it if you haven't been active on the site or forums so no one should have to worry.

Rossymore
29th June 2009, 01:38 AM
Nothing to worry about for me! I'm here to do those cringe worthy anime titles and some game updates.

Btw, we've made Bulbapedia! Rawr Link! (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Pok%C3%A9Masters)

Also, if someone doesn't get these pages up to date, I will!

Jeff
29th June 2009, 10:34 AM
Btw, we've made Bulbapedia! Rawr Link! (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Pok%C3%A9Masters)

That's been around practically since Bulbapedia launched. In fact, we now have our own category there (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:The_Pok%C3%A9Masters).

Rossymore
29th June 2009, 10:56 AM
They're a bit out of date though. We appear to have no moderators.

Telume
29th June 2009, 11:56 AM
Do they mean site mods or forum mods?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th June 2009, 11:02 PM
I'll only do it if you haven't been active on the site or forums so no one should have to worry.

Did I get this right, if I don't post news but still am active at the forums, I won't be fired?

Jeff
30th June 2009, 11:15 PM
Yup, as long as I know you're still hanging around here, that's all.

And even if someone who's been delisted comes back, I'll probably just add them back. Like I said, it's only for security reasons.

Crazy Elf Boy
30th June 2009, 11:35 PM
Eh I might as well sign up as well, I am sure I can find something to post about. Name is CrazyElfBoy.