PDA

View Full Version : *The Wolfstar* .:Final Fantasy:. Lounge

Crystal Tears
18th May 2009, 03:25 PM
FINAL FANTASY
The Wolfstar

Warriors of Light

Selene Raminas (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=377776&postcount=1)
Crystal Tears: 23

Adair Stroud (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=377864&postcount=11)
River: 15

Sirius fir Sterrl de Famfræn (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=377780&postcount=3)
Temzi Guado (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=377913&postcount=15)
Weasel Overlord: 13

Niosa Tiera (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=377817&postcount=7)
Sori (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=378006&postcount=20)
classy_cat18: 17

Shayna Xanthrope (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=378912&postcount=10)
ChobiChibi: 9

Laevra (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=378006&postcount=20)
Batilis Aureaon (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=378006&postcount=20)
Bulbasaur4

Seta (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=377937&postcount=16)
Chironu (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=378325&postcount=22)
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai

Lyra Xanthrope (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=411692&postcount=107)
Samchu: 0

Lisette Rosencrantz (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=415611&postcount=114)
Kurosakura: 0

LEVEL BOARD
To keep track of character’s abilities and spells, I have implemented a level up system depending on your actions in the RPG itself.

Laws of Leveling Up

For every 10 posts in a chapter, your character(s) will level up once.

For every 10 posts over 500 words in a chapter, your character(s) level up.

For every 10 posts over 500 words in a chapter for that a specific character, you level up once.
example: If Sirius posts 10 times and all are over 500 words, but Temzi has only posted 4. Sirius levels again, but Temzi does not.

When you have reached a level where you may learn a new spell or ability, it will be stated in this topic. Please reply as quickly as you can, so I may update the main topic post.

Selene Raminas
Level: 10
Spells:
Float - defy gravity for a short amount of time
Blizzard Bullet – Cast blizzard from her gun
Fire Bullet – Cast fire from her gun
Cheap Shot - Whether on man or monster, Selene delivers a shot that's garenteed to hurt (ignores defenses).
Abilities:
Trigger Happy lv 2 - Fires a burst of bullets, aim is improved. Dealing better damage.
SOS Protect – Casts Protect when Selene is gravely wounded
Dark Proof - Spells and abilites cannot lower her accuracy.
Evade & Counter lv 1 - Evades an attack and has a successful counterattack. More effective than with no Evade & Counter. Sometimes fails.
Overdrive:
Divine Wrath - Blasts the opponent with a overwhelming amount of holy energy. It changes in appearance slightly, but it overall effective.
Number of Posts over 500: 22

Adair Stroud
Level: 9
Spells:
Luck – wishful thinking makes him more likely to live through the impossible
Liquid Steel – enchant the blade of a sword with water, strike and deal water damage.
Perfect Pitch- Raises the party accuracy by singing inspirationally
Darkness Dance - Dance so horribly you blind the opponent(s), casting Dark on them for a short while
Abilities:
Flee- Run away from battle.
Hide- Hide from the enemy.
Lucky Block- Reduces the damage taken with magical precognition.
Dismissal - His flabouyant vocabulary and actions causes an enemy (or a couple) to stop and think for a minute. This may fail depending on enemy's mindset.
Slow Proof - When he runs, nothing is going to impeed his retreat other than natural obstactles or spells/abilities that cast Stop. Otherwise he is a man on a retreat mission.
Overdrive:
Unknown
Number of Posts over 500: 15

Sirius fir Sterrl de Famfraen
Level: 7
Spells:
Flametongue – Sword becomes enchanted with fire, and deals fire damage to the foe when struck.
Thunder Blade – Sword becomes enchanted with thunder, deals thunder damage to the foe when struck.
Armour Break – A powerful strike that lowers the enemy’s defense.
Power Break – A magical strike that lowers the enemy’s attack.
Abilities:
Guard level 1– Shields one character, protecting them from harm.
Confuse Proof - With a quick mind and and a strong mental will it's impossible for magic or abilities to confuse you.
Bribe - Tempt a opponent to go away by offer a rather large sum of Gil. Sometimes fails on monsters with no money needs.
Overdrive:
Unknown
Number of Posts over 500: 9

Temzi Guado
Level: 8
Spells:
Reis's Wind - Cast Regen on party
Magicide - Deals Damage on the opponent's Magic Energy, making it harder for them to cast spells
Abilities:
Jump - Leap into the air, removing the self from battle for a short time, then delivering a powerful attack
Lancer - Cause damage to HP and MP and heal self equal to that amount
Cripple - Heavily damage an opponent, often rendering a limb useless.
Curse Proof - No one can curse the valiant Dragoon, he's protected by the Gods.
Overdrive:
Kain’s Piercing Wind - The Dragoon goes into Trance, and summons up a wind similar to that produced in Reis’s Wind. For the party, small amounts of health and mana are recovered, and their confidence is bolstered. The wind then coalesces around the Dragoon’s lance, and thrusts forward into the enemy, piercing any defence.
Number of Posts over 500: 4

Shayna Xanthrope
Level: 6
Spells:
Luck – wishful thinking makes her more likely to live through the impossible
Abilities:
Sticky Fingers – Always steals an item from an enemy
Steal – Steal from an enemy.
Overdrive:
Unknown
Number of Posts over 500: 9

Sori
Spells:
Fire - Cast a small fire ball at the enemy
Thunder – Cast a small lightning bolt at the enemy
Thundara - Large Lightning attack
Water – Cast a small burst of water at the enemy
Blizzard – Cast a small mix of ice and snow at the enemy
Haste – Magically enchants a target so he/she moves faster and is much more agile.
Slow – Curses a target, making he/she move sluggishly, making them easier to hit and defeat.
Abilities:
Focus - Allows Sori to increase his magical potential by focusing and centering himself
None
Overdrive:
Moogle’s Rage- Sori starts with either Slow or Stop on the enemy, or Haste on himself. Then he shoots a barrage of second-level elemental spells of his choice (Blizzara, Thundara or Fira). Goes through shields and doesn't require any MP.
Number of Posts over 500: 2

Niosa Tiera
Spells:
Blizzard Bullet – Cast blizzard from her gun
Fire Bullet – Cast fire from her gun
Thunder Bullet – Cast thunder from her gun
Water Bullet – Cast water from her gun
Homing Ray - Kumas fires a red beam of energy at a opponent.
Abilities:
Bullet Combine – Combine two bullets of the same type to use a second level spell.
Reboot - Quick tinkering on the field allows Nii to revive a fallen Kumas, may fail under certain conditions.
Overdrive:
Unknown
Number of Posts over 500: 2

Lyra Xanthrope
Level: 5
Spells:
Fire
Abilities:
Armor Break
Guard Lv 1
Overdrive:
Unknown
Number of Posts over 500: 0

Lisette Rosencrantz
Spells:
Cure - Use holy energy to cure small wounds on your allies
Abilities:
Swarmstrike - A swift strike that deals less damage, but has a poisonous touch to it
Reflex lv 1 – You have slightly better odds then others to dodge attacks, may fail.
Overdrive:
Unknown

Kaida Liena
Spells:
Aim
Blindshot
Abilities:
Sleepproof
Overdrive:
Unknown

Party's Location: Archadia Castle, Archadia, Ivalice
Creatures Defeated: Anchag (Soca Rift), Zombie (Izlek Temple), Native (Izlek Temple), Valefor Rogue Fighter (The Expanse)
Bosses Defeated: Claret Dragon (Izlek Temple), The Hunter (The Expanse)

MISSION TIME

Temptation
"If I'm wed, I'm a woman, and I'll take your leave to be bold. I want this. I swell to think of you in me."
*She looks down*
"And I see that you do, too."
"Oh, th-th— that's just, uh…"
"Leave me at the nearest port. Never look upon me again. I'll make my way with the strength that you've taught me. Only let me have my wedding night."
"Oh, I'm gonna go to the special hell...."
- Saffron and Captain Mal, Firefly

The crew of the Wolfstar that they're beloved gunner is none other than the famous Judge Luna and daughter of King Vayne Solidor. Selene Solidor chooses to take the ragtag group for another mission, and tempts each of them with what they most desire... But soon they will learn the price for giving into their greed, as the Unknown Continent holds new challenges for the mishap crew and the disheveled airship.

Pichu Luver
18th May 2009, 10:04 PM
Whootness CC change that there number to say 14 and that I have posted. Ni ha.....

Are we allowed to spam?

...and in case we're not I will ask one semi-intelligent question of the night. How many spells do we get per level up?

Edit: GAH! English and don'ts, we'res, won'ts and all other travesties of shortism-ists that make it confoundedly hard to type right.

DOWN WITH THE APOSTROPHES!!!

Weasel Overlord
19th May 2009, 05:35 AM
Wheee Lounge topic! There'll possibly be a Sirius post upcoming, depending on how my revision goes. :D

Crystal Tears
19th May 2009, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to allow people to pick two spells/abilities. A warning though, if you pass up certain spells or what-not, they might not show up again until some time later. So choose wisely when it's time.

A small request! If the other warriors of light could kindly follow my sister's example and put your word count (not nessicarily the post number) at the end of your posts, that would be so helpful.

Pichu Luver
24th May 2009, 10:45 PM
Go 2! Go 2! Go 2!

I'm studying, I'm allowed to go crazy. Only so much relief camps, farm colony, cult of the teenager, domestic masculinity and so on I can take before going off my rocker. Sorta... kinda... no more then usual....

My drunken pirate with a Victorian speaking impairment (toned down only a tad for the more modern individual) post shall be up tomorrow when I get home.

*spirits off*

Crystal Tears
24th May 2009, 11:32 PM
*watches River go nuts* ... Anyways.

In all good RPG games, particularly in FF, you receive quite lot of EXP for defeating a rather challenging boss. This has translated into bonus level ups for....

Selene, Shayna, Adair, Sori, Nii and Temzi.

Unfortunately Sirius did not post in the time allotted for the boss completion.

On the subject of Chironu Twice-Born, please do not include her in any posts revolving around in the Wolfstar or afterwards, unless Emo-sai posts (and promises to post more often). Otherwise it will be assumed that Chironu vanished after the escape, whether she has perished or somehow evaded the resulting cataclysm is up to Emo-sai for a reasonable period before I deem the character gone.

Levels and choices for spells/abilities will be announced soon. :3

Crystal Tears
2nd June 2009, 07:13 PM
Please chose the amount stated for your characters.

Selene Raminas *LEVEL 10*
My Four

Cheap Shot - Whether on man or monster, Selene delivers a shot that's garenteed to hurt (ignores defenses).

Dark Proof - Spells and abilites cannot lower her accuracy.

Trigger Happy lv 2 - Fires a burst of bullets, aim is improved. Dealing better damage.

Evade & Counter lv 1 - Evades an attack and has a successful counterattack. More effective than with no Evade & Counter. Sometimes fails.

Adair Strode *LEVEL 9*
You may pick three

Slow Proof - When he runs, nothing is going to impeed his retreat other than natural obstactles or spells/abilities that cast Stop. Otherwise he is a man on a retreat mission.

Sticky Fingers - Garentees he steals something, though not always of incredibly value.

Dismissal - His flabouyant vocabulary and actions causes an enemy (or a couple) to stop and think for a minute. This may fail depending on enemy's mindset.

Confuse - Uses his words and small, limited magical potential to confuse the opponent.

Darkness Dance - Dance so horribly you blind the opponent(s), casting Dark on them for a short while

Sirius fir Sterrl de Famfraen *LEVEL 7*
You may pick Two

Bribe - Tempt a opponent to go away by offer a rather large sum of Gil. Sometimes fails on monsters with no money needs.

Ice Brand - Enchants the sword with ice energy, and deals ice damage to the opponent.

Magic Break - A magical sword manuever that if successful lowers the enemy's magical attack

Spare Change - Attack the enemy by throwing Gil at them... You can see how this usually isn't effective...

Confuse Proof - With a quick mind and and a strong mental will it's impossible for magic or abilities to confuse you.

Temzi Guado *LEVEL 8*
You may pick three

Magicide - Deals Damage on the opponent's Magic Energy, making it harder for them to cast spells

Demi - Lower the opponents health by 1/4 (gravity based attack)

Curse Proof - No one can curse the valiant Dragoon, he's protected by the Gods.

Cripple - Heavily damage an opponent, often rendering a limb useless.

Pray - Pray to the Gods and sometimes they'll grant some health to the team. Can fail.

Shayna Xanthrope *LEVEL 1*
You may pick One

Pilfer Gil - Steal a small amount of gil from the unlikeliest of opponents.

Scan - Magically learn about opponents, basic knowledge only.

Haste - Magically improve your speed for a short while.

Stop Proof - Nothing can stop you, not even spells/abilities.

Magic Counter - Well a spell hits Shay she can counter while recovering, usually catching the opponent offguard

Sori *LEVEL 7*
You may pick Two

Fira - Large fire attack

Thundara - Large Lightning attack

Blizzara - Large Ice attack

Watera - Large water attack

Focus - Allows Sori to increase his magical potential by focusing and centering himselfp.

Niosa Tiera *LEVEL 7*
You may pick Two

Shockwave - Kumas slams the ground, causing a shockwave to strike all people in a ten foot radius.

Sleep Bullet - Put an opponent to sleep with a special shot

Anti-Armor Shot - Break through even the toughest armor with this special, powerful bullet.

Homing Ray - Kumas fires a red beam of energy at a opponent.

Reboot - Quick tinkering on the field allows Nii to revive a fallen Kumas, may fail under certain conditions.

Weasel Overlord
5th June 2009, 10:35 AM
Ooh ooh ooooh okay, for Sirius I'd liiiiike: Confuse Proof and Bribe.

And for Temzi: Curseproof, Cripple and Magicide. :D

Thanking you kindly. ♥

classy_cat18
5th June 2009, 12:34 PM
Ooooh. Sori will take Thundara and Focus. Nii will have Homing Ray and Reboot.

ChobiChibi
8th June 2009, 04:01 PM
I'm in no fit state of mind to make decisions right now 8D *has less balance than Shay*

Teehee, I need sleep... Camping was fun X3

I'm back. And I have a post plan. Yus. However, sleeping in a warm, dry, comfy bed is more appealing than continuing to let the room spin. I'll post after work tomorrow, give myself something to look forward to.

I really am sorry for my absence. I'm gonna make a bigger effort to post in general. Sorry ><;

Crystal Tears
11th June 2009, 10:18 PM
Alright, everyone has been updated except ChobiChibi as she hasn't chosen yet. Thank you all and have fun with your new abilities.

However I'm going to request you put your post count number at the end of your posts now. My brain can't keep up lol, if you have two chars, can you please post the individual character's count and in general? Thank you.

ChobiChibi
25th June 2009, 05:06 PM
Stop Proof, please :3

Crystal Tears
29th June 2009, 12:43 PM
Awesome, I'll edit it in.

Anyways, once the ship is repaired we will continue the plot, which it should be repaired within the next couple of posts. So keep that in mind people. :3

Kurosakura
4th October 2009, 12:40 PM
Kuro wants... Cure, Swarmstrike, and Reflex lv 1 for Lisette. :3

Crystal Tears
5th October 2009, 12:12 PM
:3 Alrighty.

Samchu, could you choose either 2 spells and 1 ability for Lyra? They have to be basic, and you can do it vice versa as well (2 abilities, 1 spell). So I can get this topic fully up to date ♥

Samchu
5th October 2009, 06:35 PM
How about...

Guard lvl 1, Fire, Armour Break

So hard to cover things equally when your char can change weapons during battle ><

VirtualPlay
3rd November 2009, 11:48 AM
Kaida Liena

Spells
Aim - Kaida spends a second or two to carefully aim her gun(s) at a specific target; the longer she spends the higher chance she has to hit it exactly as she wants.

Blindshot - Kaida flicks a switch on her guns to empty the chambers, then casts a special Dark spell that gets fired instead; when they hit, they cast Dark on who/whatever gets hit.

Abilities
Sleepproof - Kaida is immune to the Sleep effect from any spell or ability.

Weasel Overlord
23rd January 2010, 09:05 AM
Sirius' Overdrive:

Sworn Through Swords - Sirius' vision tunnels until his entire being is focused on the most dangerous enemy on the battlefield. He dodges around in a spiralling pattern, effectively confusing the enemy, and stopping them interrupting his attack. As he runs, a shadowy figure coalesces behind him, about twice the size of Sirius himself, and an eerie blue-grey in colour. The shadow's sword springs outwards and joins forces with Sirius' Durrendal, as they bring the swords down for the final sweeping attack. Guaranteed to sever any limb attacked. May fail if going for the head of a particularly large or powerful enemy.

Do we get a level up, Sie? Do we do we do we?!?

Crystal Tears
24th January 2010, 12:38 AM
8D With the help of VirtualPlay I have the results! Due to the lateness and the tiredness my brain is feeling though, you'll have to wait for the abilities you may choose. ^^;; But I have the results for people to mull over!

Selene Solidor
Judge
STATS
Previous Level: 10
Accomplishments:
- Battled the Behemoth (+1)
- Typing Fiend (+1)
- Post Count Counts (+1)
Current Level: 13
EXP: 6 / 10

Adair Stroud
Warrior
STATS
Previous Level: 9
Accomplishments:
-
Current Level: 9
EXP: 8 / 10

Sirius fir Sterrl de Famfraen
Warrior
STATS
Previous Level: 7
Accomplishments:
- Post Count Counts (+1)

Temzi Guado
Dragoon
STATS
Previous Level: 8
Accomplishments:
- Post Count Counts (+1)
EXP: 7 / 10

Shayna Xanthrope
Thief
STATS
Previous Level: 6
Accomplishments:
Current Level: 7

Sori
Time Mage
STATS
Accomplishments:
- Post Count Counts (+1)
EXP: 9 / 10

Niosa Tiera
Gunner
STATS
Accomplishments:
- Post Count Counts (+1)

Lyra Xanthrope
Gunner / Warrior
STATS
Previous Level: 5
Accomplishments:
-
Current Level: 5

Lisette Rosencrantz
Warrior
STATS
Accomplishments:
Current Level: 6
EXP: 4 / 10

Kaida Liena
Gunner
STATS
Accomplishments:
Current Level: 6
EXP: 6 / 10

I hope thats okay. Soon enough the abilities will be revealed as well. :3

Samchu
24th January 2010, 08:27 AM
What about the bonus for posting just before the first tank's destruction?

Crystal Tears
24th January 2010, 01:56 PM
My exact words were "There may be a reward in involved for those that do."

So there is no guarantee people get a reward for it in the first place, it could've been an attempt to get certain RPers to post. The second point is I never said it was going to be a level, so you'll have to wait until the end of the stat deciders to find out.

XP

(There is also the third possibility I haven't thought of the reward yet)

Crystal Tears
31st January 2010, 06:40 PM
Spells and Abilities:

If you gained one or two levels, you may choose a single spell or ability to add to your list. If you leveled up three to four levels, you may chose two. Finally, if you somehow managed to level up five to six levels, you get to pick three. If a character doesn’t level up, then you don’t earn any abilities or spells.

Oh, and because I am feeling generous, all of you get to pick what you get. Please keep in mind your level, and the class you generally are. I don’t mind wavering, but I don’t want to see (for example) Sori learning Tableturner. You can pick abilities and spells from FFX/FFX-2 (http://www.ffshrine.org/ffx2/ffx-2_gunner.php) (click on the different classes to see a list of abilities and spells) or FFXII (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_XII_Spells).

Selene Solidor:
Spell(s): Reflect & Burst Shot
Ability(s): None

classy_cat18
31st January 2010, 07:33 PM
I want Stop for Sori's next spell. As for Nii, can I choose from the list you gave me last time?

Weasel Overlord
31st January 2010, 08:30 PM
Posted for Sie: If you want sure, I don't mind.

I don't know when I'll start chapter three btw, I have to discuss with a couple of people about a plan and see what turns up. For now just have fun mucking about the ship and causing drama between each other. XD

SKILLSES FER MEEE~ *does a dance*

Sirius fir Sterrl de Famfræn:
Spell(s): N/A
Ability: Provoke - Draw an enemy's attack toward you.

Temzi:
Spell(s): N/A
Ability: Dragon's Crest - Deals physical damage to all enemies. This powers up as the party defeats more Dragon type enemies.

classy_cat18
31st January 2010, 08:37 PM
Cool. Then I choose Anti-Armor Shot for Nii.

VirtualPlay
31st January 2010, 09:55 PM
Kaida Liena
New Spell: Scan (L:1)
Description: Kaida studies an enemy, analyzing its anatomy to discover any weak points that it may have.

ChobiChibi
29th April 2010, 07:36 PM
THERE you are, Wolfstar! XD

I picked Haste as my new spell. Just to make it all official-like.

Who wants a chat with the ninja? :3

Weasel Overlord
10th June 2010, 01:20 AM
ARGH SIE, YOUR POST!! D: D: D: *cowers* I don't like this cave any more...

ChobiChibi
10th June 2010, 05:49 AM
The weeping angels doctor who double episodes freaked me out enough as it is without having to now write about it! Meeeeeeeeeep! ><

Crystal Tears
10th June 2010, 11:53 AM
:3 The original Weeping Angels episode was the first time I had ever watched Doctor Who. I thought it was an amazing episode, tehehe...

As if everyone liked the cave in the first place, you couldn't have expected me to throw another Behemoth at us did you?

ChobiChibi
11th June 2010, 08:32 AM
... Oh Rio, I read the line concerning the crystal threesome just as "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake came on... My mind possibly went on a complete tangent that Adair scrubbed out XDDD

... Now it's my turn >w>

Crystal Tears
5th July 2010, 09:39 PM
Introducing a new element into FF: DD :

Battles

It was discussed briefly in the council topic, in which three people (including myself), took part. I’m officially testing out a system I designed a while ago (using ASB references) in our boss battle against the ancient crystal bug.

Things to note: The bug is actually much harder then originally intended because I need it to survive the testing phase. So don’t expect a cake walk (as if any boss battle I’ve given you has been one).

The basis is simple; it’s combining the actions you state your character taking and your RPing skill. In ASB you have three actions you can use in a round, this is much like this. The moves are as followed:

Basic:

Attack – Simply attacking with your chosen weapon.
Defend – Defending yourself from an incoming enemy attack, while you suffer damage, you won’t take nearly as much as you would have otherwise.
Dodge – using your dexterity to dodge incoming attacks, if you fail to dodge, you may take a critical hit.

The next set has to do with spells and abilities you’ve unlocked or given your character. At the moment all spells and abilities take only one action, but if this works then this might be subject to change. Also, you don’t have a set mana pool at the moment, but bear in mind your character. Sori will be able to use spells more often then Sirius, as Sori is a mage.

Intermediate:

Spells – Using your mana pool, you choose a spell. There are four types of spells. Black, White, Time and Green. They’re pretty self-explanatory. Using a spell takes a moment for you to charge, so unlike attacking or abilities, where the effect is instant, you will have to RP waiting a second or two before the spell appears.

Abilities – Abilities don’t have a charge time, they don’t use mana. They however, have a cool down time. Your character may not be able to use one ability after another, so you’ll be forced on the defense, dodge, use a spell or normal attack. It is easier for those who are not magically inclined to use abilities. RP that as you will.

The final set are things that must be ‘unlocked’ in battle. I will state who has unlocked what, and at what point can they use them. They are usually unlocked when we have the enemy completely on the defensive, or if it is caught off guard.

Advanced:

Critical Strike – A critical hit is an ordinary attack, spell or ability that has managed to break through the enemy’s defense, or you hit a non-heavy-armored enemy when they’re dodging. Your attack will deal extra damage, and could stun them. There will be a note at the bottom of the enemy’s round if there’s an opening and who’s close enough to take the chance. You can only use one critical strike in your post though, so make it count.

When using a Critical Strike, you must say this:

Critical Strike (Fira/Attack/Cheap Shot/etc) @ [Enemy]

Flurry – Flurry is only available when a particularly quick or dexterous character goes on the total offensive. It is only available for regular ‘Attack’, but can stagger an enemy or stun it long enough to open up a spot for Critical Strike. It, like critical strike, will be noted at the bottom and who has the option of bewildered an enemy.

Flurry takes up two action slots compared to one.

Overdrives:

Overdrives are special, super-powered moves that will take up all your actions and will require time to charge. Upon finish it’s charge it will unleashing a devastating attack on the enemy, and often opens up critical strike points and usually overwhelms defensive spells like Reflect, Shell and Protect.

Only certain chars can use their overdrive in battles, this rule has not changed.

~ + - - + ~

The success of your comrades and yourself is dependant on how often, and how well, you post. The requirement is that stated above your post, is the attacks you used that round. Your post is essentially your image of what happened. Generally you’ll have greater success if you include others in your post, but you only have to state what your attacks are, don’t worry about your allies. You may also control what your opponent is doing, but make sure not to make it to easy on you.

Use your character’s traits to your advantage. Shay wouldn’t do a lot of physical damage to the Crystal Bug, but she’s fast and hard to hit. It’s understandable to see her weaving in and out and being more of a nuisance then a heavy hitter. Likewise, Sori should be defended. He’s offensive mage and if we lose him we lose our primary source of elemental strikes. And for the third example, Temzi is actually one of our strongest melee fighters. He would be doing considerable damage to whatever he attacks, so it’s in our best interest to keep the Dragoon healthy.

Tag people, and don’t aim to make your character invincible. Every three or four days (or after a considerable number of posts in less time), I will post a blurb for the boss, and the damage you take is a direct result of how well I think you did. If you don’t post, you’re in for a nasty surprise.

At the end of your post, you will state ONE action you’d like to take against the boss when I write the post for it. This will directly reflect in my little boss blurb, if you don’t state anything, I’m assuming your dodging or defending. So you write out your three attacks, then write one more thing you would like to do when I write up the boss post.

Example:

Selene
~ + - - + ~
Attack → Cheap Shot → Dodge

Yada yada, swing clang!

Bam! Look out Shay! Foot incoming!

roll away! FAIL! Got stomped on~ X_x

~ + - + ~

Dodge

Original Styling and battle formation credits goes to ASB, I'm borrowing their system and adapting it to FF: DD. Thank you to Weasel Overlord and Houndoom_Lover who discussed this with me in the council topic.

Mystic_clown
5th July 2010, 10:32 PM
Abilities and spells for Arena

Abilities:
Luck: Spreads the luck around and raises the evasion of the part.

Spells:
Lore: Allows him to use Blue Magic Spells only if he sees a monster doing it first. Monkey see, Monkey do.
Goblin Punch: A rather weak punch...unless the target's the same level as Arena.

darktyranitar
8th July 2010, 08:34 AM
And then there were two:

Ma'nenek

Abilities:
Pray: A prayer to Karam the God of Light; some of allies’ health may be restored

Spells:
Cure: Heal small wounds of allies
1000 Needles: Ma’nenek favourite spell, a barrage (1000 of them) of needles hits the enemy. Almost never miss.

Weasel Overlord
29th October 2010, 11:50 AM
SPAM SPAM SPAMMITY SPAM. or: AS IF IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH SINCE THE LAST MAIN POST, YOU GUYS. This saddens me. D:

ChobiChibi
29th October 2010, 12:18 PM
I feel a song coming on...

IT WAS THE MASH. It was the monster mash. THE MONSTER MASH. It was a graveyard smash. IT WAS THE MASH. It caught on in a flash. THE MONSTER MASH. MWAHAHAHAHA.

Um...

LETS KILL THE MONSTER~

TO THAT SONG OMG XD

Crystal Tears
29th October 2010, 08:46 PM
I've been so dead on creativity for a while. =/ I'm trying, really. I'm so sorry D:

ChobiChibi
2nd November 2010, 10:09 AM
I just thought you fellow pirates would like to know that my room wreaks of rum right now XD

I DIDN'T DRINK AND GERG DID NOT SPILL ANY WTF?

Peace out~