PDA

View Full Version : Burger King Pokemon card promo: Part 2!!

Number1ChanseyFan
2nd June 2009, 09:19 PM
For the second summer in a row, Burger King is having a Pokemon promotion as part of its Kid's Meals. This year, people will get one Pokemon-themed card displayer and 2 cards with each meal. There are 6 different holders, and 12 different cards. The 6 holders feature Giratina, Regigigas, Pikachu, and Shaymin, as well as a red card frame and a blue card frame. The 12 cards are Chimchar, Piplup, Pikachu, Glaceon, Meowth, Pichu, Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Turtwig, Eevee, and Leafeon.

Houndoom_Lover
6th June 2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I know. And the cards come in crappy plastic holders that scratch the cards all up >W<

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th June 2009, 12:51 AM
Cool. Wasn't McDonalds with Nintendo as well?

Somehow I'd like to mention Pokemon-Surprise they sell here in some shops. In a way, it's not a surprise because you can read something like 'Chocolate Egg' there but you never know what's inside the egg, right?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
7th June 2009, 12:31 PM
I remember back in the days (like 10 years ago or so) McDonald's didn't want to have anything to do with Pokémon as they considered it to not represent their "family values" - whatever that supposed to mean.

PancaKe
7th June 2009, 12:50 PM
Wow, really? That seems so bizzare, considering how popular Pokemon is.

I remember back in the day Hungry Jacks was giving out pokemon watches that said Pikachu when you set the alarm. They were pretty nifty.

Houndoom_Lover
9th June 2009, 12:23 PM
I remember when Taco Bell did Digimon. That was just straight gangsta cool!

But yeah, I have some super duper cards from them ^w^ I like how they're so shiny. Because I'm a magpie! Kwaw!