PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Walker ( Poke Walk )

Roy Karrde
6th June 2009, 06:56 PM
Alright this was announced just under a hour ago on Japanese TV, and of course Pokemasters was able to get the information posted before anyone else :P

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1549/pokemonwalker.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mystic-Inazuma/pokewalk2.jpg

It's called Pokemon Walker or already dubbed PokeWalk, it's a Pedometer that contains various minigames, one being able to search one of five grass patches for Pokemon sprites to battle. It also allows you to take ONE pokemon out of your Heart Gold/Soul Silver games, and walk with it. Each step gives you more EXP and Happiness toward that one Pokemon before being placed back in the game.

Mods: I figured I would make a topic since this is some what big news, and just in case people do not check out the Announcement thread, feel free to merge it back if you want.

Crazy Elf Boy
7th June 2009, 11:13 PM
Looks pretty good, by the looks of it, it seems like you can also possibly find items to use in those games as well. I still can't wait for the games to come out.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th June 2009, 04:08 AM
Nokori 2-kai
2 remaining
Kizugusuri

wo mitsuketa!
found!
Mini-geemu de asobu koto ga dekiru!
You can play in the mini-game!

What's Kizugusuri's English name? Is it some kind of a healing item? Also, I didn't translate the small text because it's too small.

Crazy Elf Boy
8th June 2009, 06:19 AM
Yeh I saw that before as well Mikachu, Kizugusuri is the Japanese word for the humble "Potion" this made me wonder if you can find items which you can then put into your Heart Gold/Soul Silver games.

DarkestLight
8th June 2009, 05:46 PM
Im getting 28 of them. I run alot too, my god, I'll have lvl 100's in hours!

Jeff
8th June 2009, 06:07 PM
It's funny, every time I see the word "pedometer" I think of a device that detects nearby sex offenders.

The only problem I can see with this is if the pokemon automatically learn moves like they do in the daycare. That way, you'd only be able to put them on there without fear if they have already learned all of their level-up moves, and by that point, there's not really much of a point in level grinding, thanks to autoleveling. The item features sound intriguing though.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th June 2009, 12:19 PM
It's funny, every time I see the word "pedometer" I think of a device that detects nearby sex offenders.

Thank god I'm not the only one.

Roy Karrde
11th June 2009, 01:03 PM
Thank god I'm not the only one.

Count me as one as well, I even double checked the spelling before posting the topic.

edit: http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/231/kyogreandgroundon.jpg
The boxes, showing off the Pokemon Walker included

Blademaster
11th June 2009, 03:34 PM
Same here on the pedometer thought.

So, does this PokeWalk inclusion mean the games cost more than the standard $40-$50 for new DS games?

Roy Karrde
11th June 2009, 03:42 PM
I dont know, did Fire Red/Leaf Green cost more when they added in the Ad Hoc Wi Fi connector? I really don't remember, if they did then these probably will as well.

MonsterLolo
2nd March 2010, 12:42 PM
i dont think they'll be more expensive,if they are...well,who cares?? u got a pokewalk! :P lol

Starry Might
4th March 2010, 08:32 AM
The only problem I can see with this is if the pokemon automatically learn moves like they do in the daycare. That way, you'd only be able to put them on there without fear if they have already learned all of their level-up moves, and by that point, there's not really much of a point in level grinding, thanks to autoleveling. The item features sound intriguing though.
That's what I've been wondering now, too.

I don't remember the original price of "FireRed/LeafGreen", so I can't help you guys there...sorry!