PDA

View Full Version : My team (need help with moves)

Scythemantis
13th December 2002, 03:32 AM
First off, don't bother suggesting any different pokemon because I'm already mostly decided. I play for fun just as much (if not more) than for winning, so I am aware of and indifferent to the glaring weak points a poison/ghost themed team with this much filler has. Could be worse...it could be ALL poison types like my r/b/g/s teams...

Gloom (grass/poison)
Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb
Moonlight
Giga Drain

-Gloom is just my favorite, so I always have to use one without evolving it regardless of how weak it is. I do TRY to make it at least partially useable...

Muk (poison)
Acid (since I need an attack with high PP)
Flamethrower (tm)
Minimize
???

-My old muk had explosion for the fourth move. In r/s he doesn't seem to learn it, instead learning "parting gift"...is this a similar move? It has a power of 0. Help! Any idea what his "stench" characteristic does?

Dokukeiru (bug/poison)
Psychic
?
?
?

Samayooru (Ghost)
Mean Look
Confuse Ray
Curse
Rest

-I just always liked this exact movest and he's the only pokemon I currently like that can learn all four moves. Rest regains HP lost from cursing, but then he could get KO'ed while asleep. Maybe you should just throw out my whole moveset here and suggest something less stupid (try to keep curse, though. I like it)

Yamirami (dark/ghost)
Recover (can be bred on)
Scream punch (normal type, 150 power)
???
???

-With two of the best moves in the game, I don't know what else to give him besides mean look & confuse ray.

Nukenin (bug/ghost)
Dig
Shadow ball
???
???

-Just like gloom, I stubbornly insist on using this guy when he'll always be the first to faint. I don't know what moves would make use out of what is basically nothing but a novelty pokemon. What's grudge do? He learns it. Also learns c-ray which might help out but do I really want the same move on three poke's?

Azura Stardust
13th December 2002, 05:44 AM
I suggest you do not use pokemon that are not found in the game so far as it is not entirely legal (the only way to get it right now is via gameshark) and yes, you will say they are legal because GF made pictures for them and therefore there is a legal way to get them, but still. This cannot be called your team then because I know for a fact you don't have Ariados or Venomoth in your game without sharking and so this is probably just a dream team...

Argh, what am I rambling. Oh well. All I say is that really, you shouldn't put Ariados and/or Venomoth there. It isn't /quite/ right... and also I'm afraid people who are new to R/S may become confused because some simply don't know that there isn't a way to get these old pokemon (so far) and when they see you put it, they'll get confused, and then clog up the board with repetitive questions...

I think I should shut up :|

and besides, Ariados / VEnomoth aren't exactly too good... oh well, this is your team :) and you don't want to change the pokes anyway. for that choice I'd say Venomoth anyhoo, unless you want to have a baton passer. Ariados can then get SpiderWeb/BatonPass/Agility/Something or something ilke that.

BTW, Meowth's dexter is now up on days OTHER than weekends, only not all the time... because he has put a mirror of it on Lycos and Lycos may not take all the bandwidth if all of yas crowd onto it. And yes, it's not the weekend yet. http://members.lycos.co.uk/pokefor/meowth346/data/zukan/search_index.htm ...

A suggestion is to make your team an annoyorama kind of team. (No, that's not Arroyorama.) annoy, annoy, annoy. i.e. status moves, etc.

Scythemantis
13th December 2002, 01:23 PM
Ok, I should've made note that it's not an entirely officially finished team. Samayooru is still a yomawaru and the bug/poison slot is occupied by an HM slave. That's why I wanted move help before wasting rare TM's and such, if it was finished I would've requested a team rating :) I have a history of making "fun" (to me) but incredibly crappy movesets ever since blue (the first game I got). I'll just change my post and ask for a Dokukeiru strategy. Venomoth I like because it was just one of the originals I always used but they're the same idea anyway. :)

I guess confuse ray on all the ghosts would certainly be annoying...