PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi Trainer Sprites

Poryhedron
11th June 2009, 10:05 PM
I'm restarting Platinum version and I plan on making this the game that I don't ever restart again so I can keep a Wi-Fi competitive team or two. That being the case, I want to make sure I have the trainer type I want. But the NPC in Oreburgh Pokémon Center doesn't let you pick from all eight of the trainer types available for your gender; he only offers four, and it's said that your Trainer ID# affects which four.

Does anyone have any clue how it does so? I've checked Serebii, Filb.de and GameFAQs and none of them have it. I've been constantly restarting the game and playing through to Oreburgh only to find that the guy doesn't offer the trainer type I'm looking for. And the data I've gathered isn't promising either...

Attempt #1: Trainer ID# 34059
In hexadecimal: 850B
In binary: 1000010100001011
Choices offered: Black Belt, Rich Boy, Roughneck, School Kid

Attempt #2: Trainer ID# 01675
In hexadecimal: 068B
In binary: 0000011010001011
Choices offered: Black Belt, Rich Boy, Roughneck, School Kid

Attempt #3: Trainer ID# 04826
In hexadecimal: 12DA
In binary: 0001001011011010
Choices offered: Ace Trainer, Black Belt, Roughneck, Ruin Maniac

Attempt #4: Trainer ID# 28361
In hexadecimal: 6EC9
In binary: 0110111011001001
Choices offered: Bug Catcher, Psychic, Ruin Maniac, School Kid
(This one actually had the trainer type I wanted, but then Roark got a series of critical hits that cost me the battle and I reverted to save, only to find I hadn't saved since the last restart. New Trainer ID#, me = :swear: )

Attempt #5: Trainer ID# 30746
In hexadecimal: 781A
In binary: 0111100000011010

Attempt #6: Trainer ID# 24818
In hexadecimal: 60F2
In binary: 0110101011110010

Now here's what worries me. I assumed certain bits in the Trainer ID# (And by bits I mean binary digits; CPU language) would determine the options, especially since I'd noticed by studying the eight possible lists that they're composed of four toggles. You're offered either the Ace Trainer or the Rich Boy; either the Black Belt or the Bug Catcher; either the Psychic or the Roughneck; and either the Ruin Maniac or the School Kid. However, only one of the sixteen bits in a Trainer ID# fits the pattern of Psychic-or-Roughneck I've seen, only one matches the pattern of BlackBelt-or-BugCatcher, and they're the same bit. I know that one bit can't determine both, because that would make some of the eight possible lists impossible.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Alternatively, does the data I've collected so far help anyone?

Jeff
11th June 2009, 10:18 PM
Haven't read anything on this, but could it possibly be based on the hidden trainer ID?

Poryhedron
11th June 2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, that occurred to me once or twice. I get chills when I think about it. It would mean there's no way short of playing through to Oreburgh to find out what you'll be offered...and I'm getting mighty sick of the early-game dialogue between me, the Rival, Prof. Rowan and Dawn...:disgust: