PDA

View Full Version : TV right now

DarkestLight
20th June 2009, 04:43 PM
What are you watching on TV right now. I have to post this cause this is getting me aggravated.

Highlander: The Source. I'm not really watching it cause the computer is in another room, but I can hear it and I swear its James Earl Jones the guy from the Allstate commercials-shouting random mystic babble and its hilarious, and there there'll be a scream and then sword clanging and then mystic babble again.

Yes, what are you watching on TV currently :D? Are you in good hands??

Rossymore
20th June 2009, 04:54 PM
Not that much. But I'm watching a few things here and there. British television is different from American television. Ever heard of Have I got News for you? No?

Yeah...

Asilynne
20th June 2009, 05:05 PM
Ive got the net in my room now so Im not watching anything, but usually Im watching House, so inbetween chatting with friends and browsing the net I usually find myself going "HOLY SHIT EWWWWWWWW" *hides* during any of the operation scenes XD

PancaKe
20th June 2009, 06:45 PM
Right now, I was hoping there would be Sunday morning cartoons.

Alas there is not. So I guess I'm watching news or sport.
Although I'm not really watching..

Oh wait. Gladiatios is now on. Best Show Ever.

Drago
20th June 2009, 07:48 PM
Whenever I'm home I'm usually on the computer these days. Like seriously, it's like I can't leave this area. When I am watching TV, I'm usually glued to ESPN. Of course, once football season opens, I'll be watching TV a whole lot more. I'm also trying to start getting into Aussie rules football, since I found out about this Mike Pyke guy who's a Canadian.

When I'm at Jess', her television rarely leaves 111 Hits. She watches like three episodes of Will & Grace a day. Throw in some King of Queens and the occasional episode of ER, and that's pretty much all that's watched over that way. We used to watch a lot of SVU, but then we kept finding we'd seen all the episodes - it loses some of its kick when you know the ending.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st June 2009, 12:39 AM
Ever heard of Have I got News for you? No?

I have. Its Finnish version is called Uutisvuoto (something like Newsleak translated directly into English) and I used to watch it quite a lot. I even planned a game for TPM 'Have I got TPM News for you' but never posted it. It wouldn't have worked anyway. That program is funny, it used to have wirters Jari Tervo and Tommy Tabermann, but now Tabemann has been replaced by the comedian Stan Saanila. Here's a link to the Wikipedia page which tells about the Finnish version in English. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uutisvuoto)

But as for nowadays, I almost never watch TV unless I'm half of forced to. In one phase, I was about to start watching Pokemon again but they stopped showing after some episodes, which sucked. As does the anime selection on a whole. I find TV programs irritating, for instance we have a Finnish soap opera called Salatut Elämät (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salatut_el%C3%A4m%C3%A4t). I'm getting a feeling some people watch it 'because everyone watches it' but in my opinion a good reason not to watch it is 'because everyone watches it'. I want to be different.

I rather play videogames than watch boring TV programs.