PDA

View Full Version : Favourite songs and bands ?

RullekyllingenIchigo
26th June 2009, 05:55 PM
Hi ^_^

Which bands are your favourite?
And songs??

Me..

Bands: the GazettE, Alice Nine, Kra, Kagrra, SuG, ScReW, Miyavi, The Rudie Satanpark, LM.C, Dir en grey, Vidoll, ClearVeil, GHOST, Girugamesh, Ayabie, D=Out, Danger Gang, D'esparisRay, L'arc en Ciel, MUCC, Ken Yokoyama, An Cafe, Gackt, hide, Hyde, X Japan, Luna Sea, An Cafe, HimeIchigo, Himeyuri, Versailles, 12012, Core the Child, Dali, Hizaki Grace Project, Deluhi, Lolita23q, Moon-Kana, Malice Mizer, Moi dix Mois, Pierrot, Scarecrow, Tsubakiya Shijuusou, The Kiddie, Vanished Empfire, Aural Vampire, xTRIPx, Hybrid Zombiez, DiO, My chemical Romance, Simple Plan, Three Days Grace, The Dreams, Rammstein

Songs: Aww there's too many >.<

Mikachu Yukitatsu
26th June 2009, 10:01 PM
Hey another music thread. Heald's Your Band Sucks! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17094) was great, so it's hard to improve.

Anyways, my two favourite bands are a German band Blind Guardian which plays melodic Power Metal, and also a Finnish girl band named Tiktak. Blind Guardian's best songs include Valhalla, Mirror Mirror and And Then There Was Silence. I also like their other songs, but those are my favourites.

I also listen to anime and videogame music and what's more, Classical.

PancaKe
30th June 2009, 12:49 PM
High five Mikachu. Blind Guardian are fantastic. If only I owned more of their CDs... *sigh*

I guess I like a bunch of random bands. I always liked to say that I listen to bands, not genres - that way I couldn't be labelled with all those other tools on myspace who listed their favourite music to be: emo, screamo, hardcore, metalcore, hard metal and emocore.

A few of my favourite bands, in no particular order:
- Funeral for a Friend (well these guys are first... everything else is in no order)
- Faith No More
- Nightwish
- Dream Theater
- TrustCompany
- Opeth
- Queen

Well, I guess that's a few of my favourites. I always change my favourite songs.. and I can never remember song titles as well, mainly because I just listen to music in my car, and I recognize track numbers much more than song titles.

Telume
30th June 2009, 01:37 PM
High five Mikachu. Blind Guardian are fantastic. If only I owned more of their CDs... *sigh*

I guess I like a bunch of random bands. I always liked to say that I listen to bands, not genres - that way I couldn't be labelled with all those other tools on myspace who listed their favourite music to be: emo, screamo, hardcore, metalcore, hard metal and emocore.

A few of my favourite bands, in no particular order:
- Funeral for a Friend (well these guys are first... everything else is in no order)
- Faith No More
- Nightwish
- Dream Theater
- TrustCompany
- Opeth
- Queen

Well, I guess that's a few of my favourites. I always change my favourite songs.. and I can never remember song titles as well, mainly because I just listen to music in my car, and I recognize track numbers much more than song titles.

I like Nightwish but, I just don't like the current singer they have, Annette Olzon (sic?)

I also like Stratovarius
Blind Guardian
Children of Bodom
Trivium (not their newer stuff mind you)
Sonata Arctica
In Flames (older stuff)
Metallica (older stuff)
S.S.H.
The Black Mages

And the list kinda goes on XD

PancaKe
30th June 2009, 01:47 PM
Stratovarius and In Flames are also worthy of a high five. :D

I do admit, Nightwish's new singer gives a different vibe to the band. I think, as a band with her, they are still quite good. But you can't compare the two singers, they're just totally different. Tarja was fantastic, a brilliant songstress and opera singer. But Annette (is that her name?) brings something different to the table, which I still like.

Houndoom_Lover
30th June 2009, 02:51 PM
*Had to go get my Ipod for this thread* ^_^ But cake and screw? What do they have to do with this thread?

Oh god! TwT I turned on my Ipod and the first song was "I just can't stop loving you." By MJ! Oh God! *leaves the room to cry for a bit* Okay...

Aerosmith, The Allman Brothers, Beck, Ben Harper, Black Eyed Peas, Blink 182, Brittney Spears (What shoot me?), CCR, Coldplay, The Darkness, Dave Matthews, DJ Rankin, Eagle Eye Cherry, Hole, The Killers, Led Zeppelin, Limp Bizkit, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marron 5, Matchbox 20, Metallica OAR, Panic! At the Disco, Queen, Snap!, Spice Girls, Three Dog Night, Train, White Stripes, Whoopi and The Sisters, Yellowcard.

I realize some of those are just people :3 I roll like that, batches.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th June 2009, 10:45 PM
I like Nightwish but, I just don't like the current singer they have, Annette Olzon (sic?)

I also like Stratovarius
Blind Guardian
Children of Bodom
Trivium (not their newer stuff mind you)
Sonata Arctica
In Flames (older stuff)
Metallica (older stuff)
S.S.H.
The Black Mages

Hehe, nice one. Some Finnish bands there. I used to be a big Nightwish fan, too, but one thing that alienated me were the lyrics. My first reaction to Nightwish was "Hey cool! They combine the best sides of opera and Heavy Metal!" but then I saw Tuomas Holopainen's lyrics on paper I was "Hey do they really sing that? Awful!" and on the other hand, Blind Guardian's lyrics have satisfied me almost perfectly. And yet about Nightwish vocalist change, PancaKe's right, you can't compare them.

Stratovarius, hmm. They have some really good pieces such as Hunting High And Low, Millenium, Black Diamond and Forever Free. But then there's Destiny which opens nicely but is too long and I don't like the ending. I also dislike Stratovarius's Visions (Southern Cross) because of the Nostradamus stuff there, scary in the bad way.

PancaKe
30th June 2009, 11:01 PM
When I listen to bands like Stratavarius, I don't exactly listen to them for their lyrical content , but for their guitar work a lot of the time. I guess its also why I listen to bands like Liquid Tension Experiment and don't mind a bit of Joe Satriani from time to time.

And Houndy, you listed so many old school bands that I forgot to mention. I have an insatiable love for the Spice Girls. They are amazing and if only I could relive 1997... Sigh

MeLoVeGhOsTs
1st July 2009, 03:26 AM
It might be somewhat different, but I like a lot of music. From hiphop to classical music, from death metal to drum 'n bass.

My favorite band at the moment is architects. (www.myspace.com/architectsuk)

I also tend to like Suicide Silence (www.myspace.com/suicidesilence), who displayed their new CD for the first time yesterday.

Rusko is awesome as always.

Houndoom_Lover
1st July 2009, 01:09 PM
Tell me about it, PancaKe, I'm so old school ^_^ There are alot of songs I like whose band I don't know, like...."When we were young." "When I ruled the world" "In Bangkoc (sp?)"

And stuff like that, because I listen to the radio and have no idea what the songs title is or what or who its by. It's like a big mystery. But good stuff will always be good stuff. It trancends time.

I really like Matt and Kim. They're so fun ^_^

Telume
1st July 2009, 06:58 PM
I like Nightwish because I'm a sucker for a good keyboard player. Which is the same reason I like CoB.

As far as Strato goes, I don't care about lyrical content they're nuts with Guitar, as are DragonForce.

PancaKe
1st July 2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah man , Dragonforce go nuts on the guitar. But like, their earlier stuff was way better than their latest. They sold out with Guitar Hero. Good on them, but yeah... Sell outs >.< Either way, they're kinda like , Baby's First Power Metal. You hear them, then you delve deeper into the genre. :D

Mike Mysterio
1st July 2009, 10:04 PM
I like METALLICA!!!! Creed Seether Three Doors Down Twisted Sister Three Days Grace HellYeah Slipknot Staind AC/DC OZZY Shine Down Def Leperd.

And songs anything by the ones listed above.

Telume
1st July 2009, 10:08 PM
Shine Down is great, that guy can hold those notes for a LOOOOOOONG time.

What was your favorite song by them?

Starscream
2nd July 2009, 12:38 AM
Mine is:
FLOW - World End
The 2nd opening of the anime, Code Geass R2

Mike Mysterio
12th July 2009, 05:15 PM
Second Chance and I Dare You would be my favorites from Shine Down.

I forgot NIN as a band. (Nine Inch Nails)