PDA

View Full Version : So the birthday topic was closed...

Houndoom_Lover
28th June 2009, 09:53 AM
Because the forum was too dead?

That's logical. Someone go open a new one. And the news was closed. Now the forum really WILL be dead. Good job -_- I'm gunna go away now, 'cause I'm just all around pissed off by this.

So here's a topic for you all:

What forum topic you miss the most?

Kay, I'm gone now.

Jeff
28th June 2009, 10:03 AM
The problem is is that the forum was dead because there were only a few threads that covered pretty much anything. Now if someone has news to post, or if it's someone's birthday, just make a new thread. With each news story and birthday in its own thread, Misc. can now see plenty of new threads to keep it active.

Zak
28th June 2009, 10:50 AM
None of them.

But yeah, what Jeff said. Though I'm sorry you don't agree with letting people feel special and having their own birthday topics. I guess when your birthday comes around, I'll be sure not to post one for you. :)

On a serious note, did you notice the announcement? Or just the lack of these threads. Because, to be fair, the threads were closed almost a whole day before the announcement was made, so I probably would have been a little confused at first.

Heald
28th June 2009, 02:48 PM
There was a general consensus amongst the mods that the consolidated threads (Birthday Thread, Daily News, Movie Discussion) were killing Misc, as all activity would be hemmed into these 3 threads. I remember when there would be at least one new thread a day, now we're lucky to get one post a day. We taking steps to change that.

Rossymore
28th June 2009, 04:07 PM
Now you're attempting the misc., time to do the entire forums!

So no Daily News 3.0? :eek:

PancaKe
28th June 2009, 09:13 PM
About time this happened.

*shrugs* I'm still waiting to see PCG move into misc.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th June 2009, 10:13 PM
Barren and lifeless TPM lies.

Well if someone has a birthday we still have Visitor Messages for the person and chat threads in ASB and FanFic. And of course, I won't mind if someone posts my and Fett One's birthday topic next year. When I myself first saw the birthday thread closed yesterday I thought someone's going to post a new one but also was partially glad because that would mean the return of individual birthday threads.

And yeah, PCG is dying, too. I don't know if it's because of the 'wait for two other persons to reply'-rule but I guess Crazy Elf Boy is bored and Fett One can't post because only I have posted after him. Sorry if I took off topic in this paragraph.

Jeff
28th June 2009, 10:21 PM
Alright, people seem to be misunderstanding this. This does not mean that wishing people a happy birthday is off-limits here. It means that instead of everyone's birthday going into a single thread, each birthday gets its own thread. So for example, when the next birthday rolls around, instead of wishing the person a happy birthday in the now-closed birthday thread, you post them their own happy birthday thread, just like in the old days.

Trust us, we're trying to make this forum more active, not less.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th June 2009, 10:25 PM
Well I just read Little_Pikachu's announcement and I think you mods have got a point. We'll see how it works in the future. The original reason why Offical Birthday Topic was created was that I and some other members spammed with individual threads and Miscellaneous Stuff was flooded by them. But like I said, we'll see how this works and if it won't work, then we can always return to the old one.

shazza
29th June 2009, 12:51 AM
I warned activity would decrease when you people first merged the threads.

Good to see you come to your senses!

Zak
29th June 2009, 02:37 AM
The whole thing was my idea, by the way :)

shazza
29th June 2009, 09:48 AM
Here's a congratulations to boost your ego: :birthday:

PancaKe
29th June 2009, 10:04 AM
Oh, how that happy birthday smilie brings back memories.

There are lots of rules that need to be examined in order to make the forums more active. Good thing the ball is rolling. Now we just need people to create and reply to topics.

Zak
29th June 2009, 10:22 AM
Remember when we had individual threads for pictures of ourselves? That was like... before the EZboard.

shazza
29th June 2009, 11:23 AM
Let's bring that back again.

Houndoom_Lover
29th June 2009, 11:28 AM
I remember I made an inda-vidu-al thread for my birthday once when I was all no0b-ish and was close. This will increase the phantom view of activity by us. IT'll make the boards a little more crowded.

I'm gunna go advertise the site everywhere. Blarg, 'cause its the least I can do :3

Zak
29th June 2009, 04:25 PM
Let's bring that back again.

Do it.

The official picture thread hasn't been posted in in months, it's buried a few pages down, so go ahead and be the first one to post.

Of course, it wouldn't be as effective now that everyone's on Facebook and most of us have seen each other.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th June 2009, 10:59 PM
Forgive me bumping this, but my honest opinion is that I don't like too many threads. I was here in 2001, and I would have had to spend 25 hours a day in order to have time to read everything. I know, perhaps we won't get those days back, but still.

Katie
1st July 2009, 09:05 PM
You don't have to read every single thing that is ever posted on this forum. Threads have a point, otherwise it'd just be a series of slow chatrooms (which it was looking like for a while)