PDA

View Full Version : Movies That Made Us Cry

PancaKe
29th June 2009, 10:41 AM
Tonight I watched Gran Torino. And I bawled my eyes out for the last twenty minutes of the film. I was so glad that the room was dark and that nobody was looking at me. I didn't expect to cry, however. Advertising totally lied to me about that movie.

I also cried in Click. Once again, not expecting that to happen, but for a good half an hour I sobbed and sobbed over his stupid father. Sigh. And then the friend I was watching it with, he turned around and burst out laughing when he saw me in tears. Not happy.

So...

- What movies make you cry?
- Are you proud or ashamed to cry in movies?

[Kimmi]™
29th June 2009, 12:19 PM
I cry during everything.

- Rent
- Matrix Revolutions
- All 3 High School Musicals (FAIL)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (I don't even know how that works)
- Finding Nemo
- Milo and Otis

I need to stop watching movies when I'm PMSing.

The_Missing_Link
29th June 2009, 12:44 PM
- First 10 minutes of Up
- When Mufasa died in The Lion King
- I teared up when all of the Pokemon cried for stone Ash during the first Pokemon movie
- When Jack died in Titanic

umm, that's all I can remember right now, although I know I've cried during other movies

Edit: Adding more movies when I remember them

classy_cat18
29th June 2009, 12:50 PM
™;404728']I need to stop watching movies when I'm PMSing.

Amen to that. I cry about anything when I'm having my period.

Let's see:
- The Never-ending Story (damn horse died of depression *sniffles*)
- Grave of the Fireflies (that poor...little...girl...)
- Half of the Pokemon movies, especially the one with Lucario
- And many others

And whether I'm ashamed or not depends on the movie. Grown men would cry during some movies. I try not to cry during a Pokemon movie.

Telume
29th June 2009, 01:03 PM
Grave of the Fireflies DEFINITELY made me cry

I never thought an anime movie could make things feel so realistic.

Asilynne
29th June 2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah Grave of the Fireflies did it for me too T.T So did Click, but I never really full out bawled cause I try to hold it in, a lot of movies choked me up but these two really got me teary eyed ^-^()
Also the Country Road scene in Whisper of the Heart got me all teary eyed but not from sadness, it was such a beautiful scene :'>

Also I cried when Littlefoots mom died in Land Before Time (but I was a kid at the time so >.> lol)
Ill add more as I think of them, and yeah Im always ashamed when I cry because my sisters are merciless and jump on my girly displays of weakness XDDDD

Telume
29th June 2009, 03:39 PM
Anyone who says A Walk to Remember made or Titanic made them cry will get eternal facepalm from me.

OR

Better yet:

http://ohnolookoutitsaraygun.com/argh-Picard.jpg

Blademaster
29th June 2009, 03:53 PM
Friday the 13th 2009.

*sniff* God... It was just... so HORRIBLE... No human should ever have to endure such a terrible movie. If Jason could die, he'd have been spinning in his grave on release day. ;_;

classy_cat18
29th June 2009, 04:01 PM
Anyone who says A Walk to Remember made or Titanic made them cry will get eternal facepalm from me.

OR

Better yet:

http://ohnolookoutitsaraygun.com/argh-Picard.jpg

Titanic made me roll my eyes. Too melodramatic.

Friday the 13th 2009.

*sniff* God... It was just... so HORRIBLE... No human should ever have to endure such a terrible movie. If Jason could die, he'd have been spinning in his grave on release day. ;_;

Come on, it couldn't have been as bad as Jason X. The dude was in freakin' outer space! THAT MAKES NO SENSE!

Roy Karrde
29th June 2009, 04:07 PM
Anyone who says A Walk to Remember

GOD DAMN! I HATE THAT MOVIE! I was forced to see it with two different girlfriends, followed by once in a class room. I can honestly say that parts of my soul have actually died while watching that movie. I cried, but tears didn't come out, it was little pieces of my soul that were abandoning ship.

Anyway movies that have made me tear up er... I believe there was some moisture for Pursuit of Happyness, Patch Adams, and Schindler's list.

Asilynne
29th June 2009, 04:10 PM
OMG yes thank you, Pursuit of Happyness made me cry too, in certain ways it struck a bit too close to home. Also Big Fish kinda got me misty eyed T.T

DarkestLight
29th June 2009, 04:25 PM
I'm really desensitized. I haven't actually cried during a movie ever. I felt the emotion well up in Up for sure, that movie was unnecessarily sad... and a Walk to Remember needs to be burned, but in truth I kinda get pissed at movies that have random points of the story where it's supposed to make you cry.

Like Land Before Time, as you stated Asi. Littlefoot's mom bit it, I was pissed off at Sharpteeth FOREVER. Yeah I get angry/cynical when that happens. :O

..Ah, Mufasa's death, another prime example. That made so many people cry. I was like "Dummy, NO one told you to be a hero!" I was promptly shushed, and was resigned to be moody until Ed came on the screen u_u.

Will edit with more movies as I think of them..

Houndoom_Lover
29th June 2009, 04:30 PM
Every single movie in the history of the world? I cry alot at movies. The most recent...? I can't remember. But I can remember the most.

PS I love you.

Dear sweet Jesus, that movie makes me bawl.

And the one I'm embarssed about...Pokemon one and two. TwT I usually cry straight though two. The music is moving.

Little_Pikachu
29th June 2009, 05:32 PM
Also I cried when Littlefoots mom died in Land Before Time (but I was a kid at the time so >.> lol)

Yeah, you throw the "I was a kid!" line in there, but I bet if you saw it again now you'd cry too (because I know I would!).
I don't really know what it is but I get really over sensitive when it comes to watching movies and my eyes well up at parts that aren't even sad... To be honest though it might be eye strain and I need glasses.

There's no shame in it though, parts of movies are made to stir emotions and make us think of how we would feel in similar situations. If you get emotional over it then you're only human!

Telume
29th June 2009, 05:51 PM
GOD DAMN! I HATE THAT MOVIE! I was forced to see it with two different girlfriends, followed by once in a class room. I can honestly say that parts of my soul have actually died while watching that movie. I cried, but tears didn't come out, it was little pieces of my soul that were abandoning ship.

Anyway movies that have made me tear up er... I believe there was some moisture for Pursuit of Happyness, Patch Adams, and Schindler's list.

Not to mention it was so cheesy it actually pissed me off. I can't believe they actually called that movie GOOD.

Schindler's List didn't actually make me cry, I think it just perturbed me deeply and made me ask "what kind of beast is man?"

Mikachu Yukitatsu
29th June 2009, 10:38 PM
Titanic made me cry because I found it stupid and I know people who have watched it too many times. I would have wanted to use that time better with them, but no, they watch Leonardo DiCaprio saying "This is horse shit! You know I didn't do it! You know me!" the worst part in the entire film.

Well there have been phases when I had totally lost my ability to cry. I was just emotinonally moved by Pokemon episodes like Pikachu's Good-Bye and Ignorance Is Blissey. A girl I had a crush on brought back my ability to cry, but still, I really rarely cry in movies. I wouldn't be ashamed, however. In fact, I would like to cry more because it makes me feel better.

Blademaster
29th June 2009, 10:53 PM
Come on, it couldn't have been as bad as Jason X. The dude was in freakin' outer space! THAT MAKES NO SENSE!

...Since when is the Friday the 13th series sensible?! Sense has been out the window since the 6th movie! Seriously, lightning-granted immortal zombification? Little girls with psychic powers? Toxic waste that floods sewers nightly and can revert the undead to living children? Jason really being a demon that can only be killed by a magic dagger?

But putting Jason in cryostasis and then on-board a spaceship are senseless!? Are you KIDDING me?!

Jason X may not have been that good, but at least it did something new and funny with the series. It was a so-bad-it's-good movie, through and through.

The new Friday the 13th just takes the original THREE movies and takes a big steaming 108-minute shit on them. And that's not just any shit.

That's BULLSHIT.

Crystal Tears
29th June 2009, 10:54 PM
PS I love you.

Dear sweet Jesus, that movie makes me bawl.

I don't cry very often to movies, but that particular movie got me to the edge on how it can go from being hilarious to suddenly so sad.

I almost cried during the infamously noted 'Mufasa's Death', and 'The Green Mile' (I believe that's its name...) got me upset over numerous things, one thing I remember was the mouse being crushed. I was quite angry then.

Weasel Overlord
30th June 2009, 05:11 AM
Oh god, Green Mile. Cried like a baby. And Lion King. And PS I Love You, I don't think I stopped during that actually. I cry at most films. I actually cry at Lord of the Rings at the beginning just cos I love it that much, hehe. How pathetic. Only I don't really care, it doesn't embarrass me cos I've always been like this. It's the same for books too.

Oh I also cried at Pokemon the FIrst Movie, lol.

PancaKe
30th June 2009, 05:37 AM
Oh, Mufasa's death. That didn't make me cry when I was a little kid, but now when I watch that movie, I bawl. It's my absolute favouirite movie.

I cried in Phenomenon. You know, that movie with John Travolta. I don't really remember much of that movie, I just remember watching it when I was 10, and trying to hide from my dad that I was crying. And then, he left the room to go to the bathroom, so I think he was crying too...

Zak
30th June 2009, 06:16 AM
lol you should see IMDb's "what movies/episodes made you cry" threads, it's quite pathetic as pretty much from every guy there it gets a lot of "well seeing as i'm a dude with a penis between my legs i have never cried during a movie" and it's retardedly a big deal to admit. Classic idiocy.

Anyway seeing the title I was gonna mention Click, that's the only one I can think of. Titanic didn't really do it for me.

Houndoom_Lover
30th June 2009, 12:25 PM
Me neither, Weasel Overlord, I don't think I ever cried so much in my entire life.

When Dreams May come makes me cry all the time, everytime. And Iron Gaint. Hmmmm, and A Beautiful Minds.

I havn't watched any movies lately that were sad. I think I might have cried in Drag Me To Hell, when he says I'll always be there for you TwT

CSI and NCIS and Law&Order make me cry, so it makes up for the summer tear jerkers I have laking.

I too cried during the Lion King, and well, most any Disney movies. AAAwrw! I cried during UP!

PancaKe
30th June 2009, 12:43 PM
Oh Houndy, you cried in NCIS? Me too! Which episode? I totally bawled my eyes out at the end of the season where Gibbs decides its time to retire....

I cried so hard.

I am still thinking and saddened by Gran Torino.

Telume
1st July 2009, 07:04 PM
Oh and for those of you that have watched the movies... have you bothered to watch the translated special of Mewtwo's Origin?

If you cried with the movie THAT would probably be a big tear-jerker.

Thorne_Darkrose
1st July 2009, 07:14 PM
I cried at the end of Click when Sandler's character died in front of his family...

Ghost
2nd July 2009, 01:11 PM
Well, I'm a guy, and guys don't cry... EVER... So... [/sarcasm]

In all serious-ness though, The only movie that has ever really made me cry was Forrest Gump. When Bubba died, I just had to let it all out :'( A few other movies have made me tear up, but i can't think of them at the moment.

Thorne_Darkrose
2nd July 2009, 01:20 PM
I'm a guy and I cry X3 oh and I cried during the end of the first pokemon movie when I was a kid cause I thought it was so sad when ash was turned to stone lol.

Houndoom_Lover
2nd July 2009, 01:22 PM
Oh Houndy, you cried in NCIS? Me too! Which episode? I totally bawled my eyes out at the end of the season where Gibbs decides its time to retire....

Oh my god, yes!! TwT That was so sad. I also cried when they proovede to the old army man that he didn't kill his best friend. And when the boy is up in his tree house. "Now it'll never be finished. My dad died" Oh gosh!! TwT

classy_cat18
2nd July 2009, 05:16 PM
Oh and for those of you that have watched the movies... have you bothered to watch the translated special of Mewtwo's Origin?

If you cried with the movie THAT would probably be a big tear-jerker.

Saddest. Pokemon. Moment. EVAR. I really wanted to hug lil' Mewtwo!

Telume
3rd July 2009, 03:45 PM
Saddest. Pokemon. Moment. EVAR. I really wanted to hug lil' Mewtwo!

Kind of reminded me of Elfen Lied.

Lucy hated everyone because of all the trauma she suffered.

That's another show that probably made me cry, especially after I saw the OVA.

Outlaw JT
3rd July 2009, 05:27 PM
Only a small handful of movies have moved me to tears. The biggest culprits among them, though: Grave of the Fireflies (how can anyone not bawl their eyes out watching this masterpiece of animated cinema?) and Simon Birch (provokes the same kind of cry that Big Fish might have only a hundred times more potent than Big Fish).

And I'm a guy and not ashamed to admit that some movies, shows, books make me cry. Also, I highly recommend the above two films to everyone!! Fantastic movies!!!

PNT510
3rd July 2009, 05:41 PM
I don't cry too often during films. I did tear up at the start of the new Star Trek when Kirk's father sacrificed himself. To save his wife and son. So sad!

Not a movie, but when I rewatched season 5 of Buffy after my father passed I would tear up every time Buffy's mom popped up on screen knowing what was going to happen to her then I cried like a baby for the entire episode that dealt with her death.

Telume
3rd July 2009, 10:13 PM
There's also this one particular episode of Saved by the Bell that makes me cry if only because of my recent losses.

When Slater's lizard dies they hold a funeral for it and it just makes me tear up when I remember my uncle (I went to his funeral and they did the precession and everything) and when they're doing that in that episode it just reminds me so much of that that I can't help it.

Roy Karrde
3rd July 2009, 11:45 PM
I don't cry too often during films. I did tear up at the start of the new Star Trek when Kirk's father sacrificed himself. To save his wife and son. So sad!

See I dont know why but I didnt care about that scene

Now....when Spock Died on Star Trek II

Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human.

Not a movie, but when I rewatched season 5 of Buffy after my father passed I would tear up every time Buffy's mom popped up on screen knowing what was going to happen to her then I cried like a baby for the entire episode that dealt with her death.

My God that is just a tear fest of the episode, and possibly the greatest episode of 90s television of all time, or atleast... the most real episode.