PDA

View Full Version : The Origin of Pokemon

Starscream
29th June 2009, 11:27 PM
I just stumbled upon this story from other forums that I want to share with you:

Where do Pokemon came from?
Arceus was born from an egg of a chaotic vortex in the beginning. From Arceus, time and space were created and so were their Guardians (Dialga and Palkia). Next Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf were created to contain Dialga and Palkia.

Next, (it's tough to say whether or not Groundon came before Heatran because, all land mass is from volcanoes right?) Arceus creates Kyogre and Heatran. After Kyogre creates the oceans, and Heatran creates land, Groundon is created to be guardian of the land. Heatran becomes the last volcano/land mass it created (Mt. Stark). Next the war happened over who should control the world, so Arceus creates Rayquaza to control the abnormal weather patterns created by both. So Groundon and Kyogre decide to "truce" and go into a slumber, but are always on high alert.

Arceus creates Suicune, Entei, and Raikou to help shape the landscape, and Ho-oh to watch over them/resurrect them when the tower burns down. Then the legendary birds to create weather, and Lugia to watch over them (since Lugia controls currents it really has the say in what weather patterns occur).

Arceus then creates Regis to act as a balance, because the birds and beasts were in conflict. Then Regigigas was created to be the guardian of the Regis. And Regigigas is forced to separate the land masses, so the dogs and birds as well as the regis would be separated.

Next Arceus creates Mew, which would over time, evolve into other Pokemon and (this is where it gets kinda sketchy) humans. There are a few myths that state that humans ate and hunted pokemon. Then later on, ate from the same table, and were almost no different from Pokemon. Some minor conflict occurs between Pokemon and humans.

Arceus creates Jirachi and Celebi, and Shaymin to be assistants of peace. But Arceus has created so much, that it becomes weary, and each of these Pokemon have their limits (Jirachi every 1000 years, Celebi only appearing at peace, Shaymin makes flowers?).

With remaining energy, Arceus creates Cressilia, as a last resort, hopefully being able to sort anything that Arceus can't. Arceus goes to rest until final Judgment.

So The Three, (Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf) put some sense into the humans (this may refer to humans as pre-hominids/pokemon and beginning to evolve), this is possible, according to the myths that state that its possible humans/pokemon are from the same ancestry which allows Pokemon to influence humans.

(This is where people have had trouble putting Darkrai and Giratina in, but this is my take on it)

Its been "2000" years, since time has started. Jirachi has made a wish once by an evil person, or pokemon (revenge against Arceus for limiting their reign of power (Kyogre/Groundon or other power crazy pokemon). And once by a good person, who wants to see balance.

The Bad person, wished for Giratina. When Cressilia hears of this, Giratina is banished to another realm, although he was considered to be a guardian for Dialga and Palkia. The "Good" person, wishes for Darkrai, (yes the good person, it allows for the sleeping legendaries to not be interrupted unless a power struggle occurs) it allows for people to dream and have nightmares, and to have fear, making people and pokemon not all courageous and knowing limits of their power. In other words it does what the three can't, and invokes fear and makes sure that not every pokemon/humans is a power crazy fool. It is the balance of Humans and the Three.

Later events such as The Regis being under control of humans lead to the sealing away of them from Regigagas. And then the sealing of of Regigagas by humans, or another force. Here is the legend:
In this cave we have lived.
We owe all to the Pokémon.
But, we sealed the Pokémon away.
We feared it.
Those with courage, those with hope.
Open a door. An eternal Pokémon waits.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
30th June 2009, 12:01 PM
Nice story, thanks for sharing it.

Thorne_Darkrose
30th June 2009, 12:04 PM
hm, I like the way it sounds, and its making pokemon seem to have a darker beginning than once thought.

Houndoom_Lover
30th June 2009, 09:54 PM
That was like the best explination ever. Now that we have so many mythical Pokemon, its really easier to think about how the world was created.

But back when we just had the birds and Mew and Mewtwo, I use to think Pokemon were all created in a lab, via the secret tyranical rule of the land.

Lt. Surg used his Raichu in WWII. Anyone remember that discription waaaaay back when. The first Pokemon to ever be used in a war. Raichu for the win.

And Thorne_Darkness. Green Lanturn rocks out loud. Their oath gives me the shivers ^w^

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th June 2009, 10:31 PM
Well wirtten, whoever it wrote. It nicely explained how it all began.

Lt. Surg used his Raichu in WWII. Anyone remember that discription waaaaay back when. The first Pokemon to ever be used in a war. Raichu for the win.

Hey but, there were wars before World War II. I can imagine Chengis Khan riding Rapidash and attacking China.

And I still don't know whether the legendary birds live in Shamouti Islands or Zapdos in a power plant, Articuno in Seamfoam and Moltres in Victory Road.

Jeff
30th June 2009, 10:36 PM
Or does Moltres live in Mt. Ember? And then there's the anime episode with Todd in it, where he was trying to snap a picture of Articuno.

I think the most likely explanation is that there are multiples of some legendaries.

Houndoom_Lover
30th June 2009, 10:52 PM
Lugias can give birth! Remember that episode?

Siiiiiilver!!

Oh yeah I can, Rappidashes are so badass ^w^

My writting is growing more degenerate as the night proresses. Moo.

I'll always be fond with freaky goverment over lord theory though...:3

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th June 2009, 11:09 PM
I think the most likely explanation is that there are multiples of some legendaries.

That's actually true. Even in the games, you may have multiple legendaries via trading!

Crazy Elf Boy
30th June 2009, 11:21 PM
I am pretty sure there are multiples of Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno, definately multiple Lugia's. Possibly only only 1 Ho-oh, maybe more Manaphys' and Shaymin as well, the others I would speculate that there are only one.

Thorne_Darkrose
1st July 2009, 12:29 AM
There are multiple Articuno, as seen when Ash battles a frontier brain who used one, an articuno stopped the ice storm on a mountain he was lost on, and the one in the orange islands. So far that makes three Articuno. And there seem to be two moltres so far, the one from the movie and one from pokemon chronicles. Oh and Houndoom Lover, I MAKE THEE SHIVER ^_^ hehehe

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
1st July 2009, 11:25 AM
The "real" legendarey Pokémon that have special treats or tasks in the Pokémon World (like the three birds controlling weather) are in my opinion either the first of the kind that came into being or are simply the most powerful ones among their kind and inherit the legacy.

Thorne_Darkrose
1st July 2009, 12:10 PM
See that would make sense that there are more than one, but that the first or most powerful inherit the "Legend" gene that causes them to be ultra powerful.

Houndoom_Lover
1st July 2009, 01:06 PM
Why yesh yes you do :3 With your comic book words. Another line that always gets me is that line from "The Innocent Guy." ...And in that momemt, illuminated by the moonlight...A splended Avenger of the Night. Just beautiful.

The anime really screws things up because on continuity errors. I'm sure if they sat down and watched every episode before they made another, they wouldn't do such things.

Everything is WAY too complicated.

Thorne_Darkrose
1st July 2009, 05:20 PM
Another line I like is "This city fears me, for I have seen its true face." Rorschach from the watchmen >_>. Anyways, I think they never really thought ahead about the legendary pokemon thing the further along in the series they went. It seems to me that they just stopped trying to make it seem so wonderous because the "one of a kind" pokemon were never in the series and people wanna see them. So I would think that for each legendary to have their own "avatar" to represent their species as the strongest of their kind would make more sense, like a village having their champion.

Starscream
2nd July 2009, 12:34 AM
It is also written in the above story that man evolved from Pokemon...
Isn't that ridiculous?

Thorne_Darkrose
2nd July 2009, 10:03 AM
No more ridiculous than saying we evolved from apes when there are still apes around. Its a strange concept yes, but it would explain why people and pokemon are for some reason able to understand one another and communicate, and it would explain the aura thing that some pokemon and humans have.