PDA

View Full Version : NPR- Contest

Houndoom_Lover
1st July 2009, 01:03 PM
NPR (National Public Radio) is having a contest. The theme is fiction. Short fiction. Because who says fiction needs to be length?

All the rules are on their site but the dead line is sometime in July and it has to be under 600 and meaningful is what I think they're looking for.

The prize isn't big cash money. But you get to here your letter baby over the radio.

I plan it enter ^w^ How 'bout you?

mario72486
1st July 2009, 04:05 PM
Sounds interesting. Would you happen to have a link to the contest page? I can't seem to find anything on the main page indicating it (unless I'm not looking hard enough...).

Houndoom_Lover
1st July 2009, 04:38 PM
Oh! Shoot! When you go to google, type in NPR Three Minute Fiction! Hahaha

Then you'll find it :3 My bad.

mistysakura
1st July 2009, 07:15 PM
Damn, I assume you have to be in said nation?

Houndoom_Lover
2nd July 2009, 08:19 PM
Oh..prolly! I don't know >w< That would be a horrible rule since you can hear their broadcast online. I havn't actually checked the site out yet. I just listened to the radio. ^_^u

mario72486
4th July 2009, 10:42 PM
I've been able to take bits and pieces of an old project and cobble it together with new material. It is now a full-fledged entry. I don't want to submit it just yet, though. I want to post it so badly, but it may compromise its eligibility.

If anyone is willing to give a critique and suggestions to make it even better, let me know.

Houndoom_Lover
5th July 2009, 10:31 AM
Sure! ^__^ But be sure not to post it online :3 You'll have to send it as secretly as possible! Otherwise it'll not count *was bummed out by that rule* Mine...isn't started yet. When is the dead line, 11ths?

Gavin Luper
5th July 2009, 11:54 AM
This is cool - but I bet you have to be in the country to enter.

Still - good work posting this, Wed. We should link each other to stuff like this more often, and bombard contests with TPMer entries. Bwahaha!

Houndoom_Lover
5th July 2009, 04:20 PM
Ohmigosh! We could single handed own the writting commmunity around that world!

*eye glimer* Thanks ^__^ I was so keen on it, and I know lots of you guys like and are really good at writting short stories.

Me, not so much. I plan on joining just for the heck of it, because I love NPR *is listening now* So I hope one of us win ^___^ I wanna hear it on the radio.

Houndoom_Lover
16th July 2009, 08:37 PM
I've just submitted mine! :heart: To-morrow is the deadline!

mario72486
16th July 2009, 09:16 PM
I've had to revamp mine, but it should be ready for tomorrow. I gave the current build a try on a few people, and have gotten positive feedback. Whether or not it means I have a chance...I can't say for sure. But that's what entering is all about...

Houndoom_Lover
17th July 2009, 11:49 AM
^-^ But I'm glad yours is ready. When I saw it, it was already good. I whipped mine up last night's last night's last night in a moment of insomnia. I'm rather fond of it. Its a little freeflow and around 200 words.

mario72486
17th July 2009, 09:36 PM
It's done and submitted. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see what Mr. Wood thinks of it...

Houndoom_Lover
17th July 2009, 09:38 PM
Eee! I don't think it matters what he reads, as long as I can hear him say it! :3 His voice is utter butter magic!

What will you do if you win? ^w^

mario72486
17th July 2009, 09:40 PM
I'd rather not talk about it. If I say anything regarding how well I do on anything, I end up jinxing it. Therefore, I'll wait until the results are given before I speak on the subject.

Houndoom_Lover
17th July 2009, 09:43 PM
I'd throw a party :3 A huuuuuuge party. Invite total strangers and jam like it's 1993!

mario72486
2nd August 2009, 08:47 PM
Well, the contest is over, and the winner has been announced.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111443631

Since it's over, I figure now's a good time to post my entry. Have a look in the fanfiction section.

Houndoom_Lover
2nd August 2009, 08:54 PM
Ah, darn~ I didn't win either ^_^

Aaw, well! That would have been fun! I may as well post my little thing up here too, since I told Mario up there *points up* That I would