PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks

Telume
2nd July 2009, 09:20 PM
Have any of you had them?

I happen to have recurring panic attacks it looks like, I get chest pain (which thankfully aren't a pre-cursor to a heart attack) although one night my panic attack was so bad that it felt like I was having one and they called 911 on me.

PancaKe
2nd July 2009, 09:23 PM
I thought a panic attack was just when you hyperventilate heaps bad, and then you need to stare at the colour orange...

Never had one.

Asilynne
2nd July 2009, 09:57 PM
I had a few during the weeks leading up to me moving out for the first time, and also one when I first heard my dad had a heart attack. I dont like big changes, and the stress wears on me after awhile. But other than that I dont have them for no reason.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd July 2009, 10:11 PM
A part of my mental illness used to be occasional panic attacks. I think I used to get them more, but now I get only faint ones. Like when I have to cook I would so much like to do something else. I checked Wikipedia and it said stress triggers a 'brainstorm' and this results in inability to do things. Now in my case, I don't lose the ability to do things. And since when is brainstorm a bad thing?!? Anyways, I have an attitude that I deny all anxiety. Thus I never have that kind of agony.

shazza
2nd July 2009, 10:45 PM
I had my first panic attack when I was high on marijuana one night, in a pretty negative state of mind as it is, and weed just didn't help it. I was worrying about the future, believing I'll be a failure, then I convinced myself I had schizophrenia; the thoughts were going round and round and my heart was pounding and I couldn't breathe.

Shit sucked. Now the fear of the near future is very prominent, moreso then death or growing old. :(

Telume
2nd July 2009, 11:12 PM
I've had panic attacks ever since the deaths in my family, first my uncle then my aunt in the space of 4 months.
I first got some before I went into college, after I started they went away and at the point they were mild. Ever since the death of my aunt though my panic attacks have come back and a lot worse than before.

And I don't really know what's causing them, since I thought I got over those deaths.

Crystal Tears
2nd July 2009, 11:41 PM
I've never had a panic attack, or.. I don't think I have, I would probably know if I had one, from the descriptions they seem pretty hard to ignore.

It might be a subconcious fear that's making you have panic attacks after you've gotten over the deaths in your family, Asilynne says hers was caused by big changes and stress so that might be an adding factor to your own.

I don't know much about them, sorry.

Weasel Overlord
3rd July 2009, 10:35 AM
I have. D: I had one mixed with a lack of food-induced migraine at a festival once and had to be hauled out of the crowd spot we'd been saving for 7 hours! And I had one at a previous festival cos it was too crowded. And then I had one when I got a "foreign body" in my eye, and I went to A&E and the guy, before swabbing it out, said jokingly that he'd have to remove my eyeball (I have an extreme phobia of people going near my eyes), put drops in and then swabbed it out and then I had to be put on oxygen, hehe. The last one was when I went to the dentist last, and the numbing injection didn't work, so they did another, which also didn't work and then they did a third and I had a panic attack (also have a phobia of needles, argh) and they had to force some glucose liquid down me. Blergh.

My ears always feel like they've been stuffed with cotton wool, and my vision goes all funky and I can't breathe (and people who aren't me say that I go drip white in like, seconds).

So yes. Panic attacks aren't pleasant, folks! Especially not when they're paired with migraines-with-aura. Brr. *shudders*

Blademaster
3rd July 2009, 01:48 PM
When you have 4 personalities in your mind all teaming up and fighting to keep one another back and take/preserve control, panic attacks are pretty normal. :/

Magmar
3rd July 2009, 02:42 PM
I had one, once. My boyfriend at the time was in a car accident. He had been late to picking me up for work. I got a phone call from my friend that they were in an accident and there was just a lot of screaming, so I literally ran the route home until I ran into my friend Rob. He drove me there and I literally jumped out of the car and ran up to the accident 'cuz my ex's car was on its side and wrecked and I knew my best friend was in the car. The cop showed me the three IDs of the people in the car and said "this one was badly hurt" and I didn't know that one of my other friends was in the car too, and I freaked shit and had a panic attack. Turns out my ex was drinking and driving >:[

(I dumped him after he did that two more times)