PDA

View Full Version : ::House:: The Only Way Out is In (Sign Ups RATED M)

Houndoom_Lover
10th July 2009, 04:11 PM
::House::
::The Mildly Live Action Roleplay Game of Choice::

….Base on the novel by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker…

THE ONLY WAY

OUT
………………............................................ .................................………………………………..... ……….IS IN

:House Rules:

Each player will pick a Yu-gi-oh Character in which to play. There must be at least four playing Characters in order to start the game. Characters must have a dueling history (Le duh). Players must give sample text. If there are more then one player after a character, the House will decided based on the sample text so make it good.

The House will let Made-up Characters in, but the House is picky and reserves the right to kick you off the House’s clean porch.

The House may decide if players can be more then one character.

The House will smite godmoddling, power playing, and out of characterism. You will only type for your character, think of as taking turns. The House will require each player to fill out Character Sheet(s) to join. All NPC (None Player Characters) will be played by the House. The NPC may or may not be on your side.

Each Character’s deck must contain at least 40 cards, and may have no more then three cards each of the same card with the exceptions of these cards:
Monster Reborn (x1)
Harpie Feather Dust (x1)
Exodius the Forbidden One (x1)
All body parts of the above, and his undead version (x1)
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End (x0)*
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning (Only Yugi has a copy, x1)
God Cards and Secrid Beasts are forbade
Sinister Serpent (x1)
Chaos Sorcerer (Only Yugi may have them, x1)
Blue Eyes White Dragon (Only Kiba may have them, x3)
Neo-Spacians (Only Jaden may have them)
Destiny Heroes (Only Aster Phoenix may have them)
Crystal Beasts (Only Jesse Andersen may have them)
Toon Monsters (You know the drill!)
Spirit Measage letter and Board (x1)
Yata-Garasu (x1)

*The House may let that one slide if you ask nice enough. Ask the House. The House is pretty nice.

In your sign up sheets you must list all the cards you have in your deck, including side deck and fusion deck if the Character requires them.

Made-up cards will be considered. Present link or picture in that case. The House enjoys them so.

Each Character starts with 40 Starpoints. Starpoints will be depleted when a monster, a trap, or a magic card is summoned in the House. Starpoints will also be used to load weapons, open doors, and run water, ect.

[Quick Activating- 1 Starpoint]
[Normal-2 Starpoints]
[Equip- As many Starpoints as the level of the monster it is equipped to, by turn it is up]
[Field- 2 Starpoints per turn it is up]
[Continued- 3 Starpoints per turn it is]

[Starpoints can also depleted through special character actions]

The House will keep track of Starpoints. If Starpoints fall to zero, the Character will die. Death this way will not count towards rule 3.

Each Character will start with 8000 Life Points. Direct attacks, Monster attacks, physical attacks, ect. will lower your Life Points. If you are defeated by a House Monster, it will not count toward rule 3. If another House Guest beats another House Guest in a duel, the winner will be given a set of instructions via the House.

Once the game starts, at every fifth post, a three sided die and an twenty sided die will be rolled. They will be either added, multiplied or dived. This is how the House keeps time. The House has the right to add time for player misbehavior, like not posting or breaking a House rule. Breaking a House rule may result in death. You want to stay alive.

[i]Let the games begin…

Eleven years…Yugi Motu looked up at the ceiling of his bedroom (in the Kame game store that his Grandpa owned) as he lied sprawled out on his bed. This bedroom, small and friendly, was filled with childhood memories. It was good to return home, even if it was only for a little while. He was famous, famous thanks to his other…to his partner. It’s been eleven years since he said good bye… His eyes slowly moved from the ceiling to the desk, where he put the puzzle together for the first time. He could almost see it happen, a ghost, a memory of the past. The things that covered the room still hadn’t been picked up. Everything was just the way he left it, as though his mother could bare to clean it. Who know, maybe they even run tours through the house. Yugi closed his eyes and watched his memories, as rainfall played the background music.

A steady rain fell over Domino City, Japan, like a steel sheet down from the steel wool clouds, on the unclean sink that was the sky. A mailman chuckled as he thought this, sitting in his poorly upholstered mail-truck, with his mail bag at his side. He should’ve been a writer; instead, he was delivering the written word to people in the form of bills and junk mail. When his mother said that she wanted him to go to college, he should’ve listened… Should’ve…got a cup of coffee at the Quikfill when he was filling up. Oh well, back to the job. He swung the door open, and jumped out of his truck, the wind surging so hard suddenly that it almost took the door off. Man, the weather anymore! It was right out of control. The mailman, hunched down, sloshed down the next street. Letter after letter, slot after slot…until…

He was always proud of his route, always proud…because he delivered to the Kame Game shop, home of the world famous Yugi Muto, the Duel Monster champion, who conquered every tournament he’d ever entered. A young man with a future bright…like him, a long time ago. The mailman sighed, and dug into his mailbag for the Muto’s mail. An electric bill, three free credit card scams, and the biggest wad of fan mail you ever did see- wait, it wasn’t all fan mail. He looked down at the hulky envelope, and shrugged. The wind was picking up. He stuffed at the mail in the slot, too many to go through. As he walked away, he felt the ridiculous urge to go snatch the letter back up. He shook himself, such ideas get you fired.

The wind rattles the letter. A letter with no return address, and no stamp. The only thing that is on it in the Kame store address, and the big bold block letters that read: Yugi Motu, you’ve been invited. And as we speak…letters of such nature were being slipped into mail slots (or stuffed), crammed into mail boxes, and handed to early morning risers…The best of the best…the best…the mildly best…Your fingers quake. Will you open it? What will you do?

Character Sheet
Name:
Deck Type:
Cards:
Description:
History:
Other:

Houndoom_Lover
31st July 2009, 10:00 PM
Felt like bumping. The House says it'll wait 'till the end of time for four sign ups and so shall I.

Houndoom_Lover
14th August 2009, 11:12 PM
Shameless unteal bump :P

Blademaster
3rd September 2009, 07:02 PM
OK, OK, here I am.

Name: Roy Budokai

Deck Type: Video game
Cards: TO BE ANNOUNCED.
Description: http://superblade.deviantart.com/art...okai-115981149 (http://superblade.deviantart.com/art/Roy-Budokai-115981149)
History: Nothing of interest here, sorry... His parents got along well, he lived in a decent house growing up, he isn't an angst-ridden bastard like most teens his age... He had it easy growing up.
As a little kid, he played on his big brother's old Atari 7800 and NES pretty much nonstop; from then on, he was addicted to video games, trying out and playing every game he could get his hands on, selling them for new ones, taking them apart... He wants to design his own video games someday, but his lack of an educational stepladder is kinda hindering that. He'll be lucky to get a job at Microsoft swapping Ringed Xbox 360's at his current rate.
Because of the hologram technology used in Duel Monsters, Roy treated the card game like a video game as well: That is to say, he picked it up, obsessed over it, and formed an entire deck of video game cards. As of April this year, he holds the title of the #1 ranked duelist in Florida.

Other: His catchphrase is "This isn't a video game, you know!".

I'll add in the deck later. I need to do some research first. so I know what should be included.

Houndoom_Lover
4th October 2009, 03:28 PM
Alright! Most excellent. I await your deck with vigor :3

Roy Karrde
4th October 2009, 03:54 PM
Reserving a spot I will post later, sorry I havnt posted sooner.

Houndoom_Lover
4th October 2009, 04:04 PM
^.^ Consider your spot reserved!

No worries, I'm as pacient as a mountain, Roy-Roy :3

Roy Karrde
10th October 2009, 11:47 PM
God Damn I love Yu Gi Oh. If you don't mind I will make 2 Characters, one of my favorite characters and a secondary Character.

Name: Saotome Rei
Deck Type: Maiden Deck
Cards: See Attachment
Description: Saotome is one of the youngest known duelists and is considered a bit of a genius in her dueling skills due to her young age. She has very long dark brown hair that trails almost all the way down her back, she tends to be small for her age, only 4'8" and can pass for some one much younger. She has a boyish figure and could easily be mistaken for a boy while wearing her blue baseball cap. She has traded in her duelist academy red dorm jacket in favor of a blue jacket with dark blue highlights and a white undershirt, that along with her blue jeans tend to confuse most that she is a boy.
History: Rei has had a adventurous life so far, having been introduced to duel monsters at a young age she grew frustrated with having to grow old enough to take the entrance exam to the High School Duel Academy and snuck in to try and pass herself off as a boy student. She was eventually found out and expelled from the school under the promise she would get to return as one of the higher ranked duelists there when she was old enough. Several months later she dropped out of school with out her parents knowledge, instead focusing her time on tournament play believing that she would be the first to enroll in the duel academy as one of if not the highest rank student there.
Other: Most of the time she keeps her hair hidden under her hat, coming off as a boy so that her opponents wont go easy on her

Name: Jason Karrde
Deck Type: Beat Ground
Cards: See Attachment
Description: He's very tall and lanky, some one that looks like they should be playing Basketball and not card games. His hair is a deep dark brown and incredibly messy, the back tied up in a small pony tail, he tends to grow it out to avoid haircuts. He wears a dark blue American Football Jersey over his shirt, with the a large white number 70 on the front and black. He keeps his deck in a case attached to his belt, which seems to hang a bit lopsided on his hips almost gunslinger style.
History: Jason was a late edition to the Duel Monsters card game, having become interested in it after being shown the basics in High School. Early on he found a unique strategy with a pair of cards, and has continued to revolve his deck around it. The combination of field clearing and locking proved to be a hit, frustrating his opponents to the point that he easily moved up the ranks in the local tournament scene.
Other: He is a bit of a sadist, enjoying the annoyance his deck causes his opponents

I will upload deck lists of each to the post so that it doesnt make a uber long topic. If that is okay.

Sorry it took so long! Cant wait for this to start even if its the 3 of us!

Houndoom_Lover
11th October 2009, 04:37 PM
I don't mind at all, dear! The more characters, the more...funner it will be.... :3 Yay, improper grammer. Is/are the colours for the wo-

-o- Are the font colours alright. Bejebus, I can't string sentences along today.

:3 Good! Excellent. Of course.....!!!! Hey.....Can we have a wittle place for the decks to be? If you don't want them in the sign up, that may you won't have to look for them?

Hm, or just post them here seperately if you want, or edited attached. It doesn't bother me how you want to do it.

I guess I'll be playing Yugi, if no one else wants too.

^w^ I love Yu-gi-oh too. I can tell you such stories of Yugioh roleplays in my youth. And duels that lasted hours. Oh, it makes me weap almost.

Um, yesh- Both approved ^_^ I eargerly await card decks!

I'm so excited :3 I hafta pee!

Ah! Ah! Remember, made-up cards are welcome!

I've come to realise I didn't have a sample text in my sign-up sheet :3 Oh fail. Oh well, I have faith that you lot'll be good.

Houndoom_Lover
13th October 2009, 07:51 PM
Character Sheet
Name: Rome, Wednesday (Last, first)

Deck Type: Microorganism/ Infection

Cards:
Monsters (25)

-Nurse Reficule the Fallen One x3
-Giant Germ x3
-Bubonic Vermin x3
-Plague Wolf x3
-Tribe-Infection Virus
-Burning Algae
-Des Wombat
-Puppet Plant
-Marionette Mite
-Electric Virus
-Flint Lock
-Mucus Yolk
-Parasite Paracide
-Des Mosquito
-Kiseatai
-The Dark Doctor of the Fallen*

Magic (7)

-Flint
-Swords of Concealing Light
-Ekibyo Drakmord
-Germ Infection
-Dark Snake Syndrome
-The HIV*
-Darkworld Pager*

Trap (12)

-Virus Cannon
-Nutrient Z
-Crush Card Virus
-Deck Devastation Virus
-Bad Reaction to Simochi
-Eradicator Epidemic Virus
-Dark Cure
-Rust Machine Virus of Acid
-Brutal Potion
-Parasite Worm
-The AIDS*
-Confused Helper T-Cell*

* = Made-up Card

Description: She’s a short lady with a kind of disenchanted look on her rather childish face. Blond hair tied back in a tight bun, sharp blue eyes that hide behind glasses- really rather Aryan. She isn’t seen anywhere without her Doctor’s jacket. Rumor says she sleeps in it. She wears practical elevated shoes (like platforms, only practical) black. And casual black work pants. Shaped pleasantly.

History: Born somewhere in North Rhine, her parents moved when she was very young to Switzerland. There, she started private school and was on the fast track to success. There, she also saw her first duels. A few of her school buddies scored tickets to the Japanese Nationals on year and she went with them under the guise of a Medical Youth Camp. After witnessing the intense battle that took place in the finals, she fell in love…with, um, dueling. She decided right there and then that she too was going to be a duelist. She had to practice between classes and behind her parent’s backs, for didn’t approve of such tomfoolery.

Wednesday, not having any cards herself, had to literally beg her friends to give her cards. She built her deck from scraps and unwanted things. But the tournament in Japan taught her something about Duel Monsters that day. That cards aren’t what they appear until they appear in battle. In the playground, they played lots for cards. They’d throw unwanted cards in the middle, and who ever won got to take them all. Soon…her deck was powerful. By the time she received her doctrine in partitioning, she was already the National Champion of Switzerland. Three years later, she took the European Championship title and holds it to today…However, her love of the card game has fizzled out immensely and she has been spending more and more time in the Hospital she’s employed at, very bored with life right now…

Other: She has a sweet tooth.

Yugi to come as well....Oh, and writing for actions for the house will be in red if anyone doesn't mind

Houndoom_Lover
17th October 2009, 03:38 PM
Name: Yugi Mutou

Deck Type: Choas Magic/ Strategy

Cards:

Monster cards (x19):

Kuriboh
Winged Kuriboh
Miracle Flipper
Card Ejector
Wretched Ghost of the Attic
Hanewata
Dark Magician (x3)
Dark Magician Girl
Dark Effigy
Dark Magician of Chaos
Magician's Valkyria
Skilled Dark Magician
Winged Kuriboh LV10
The Winged Magician of Chaos *
Dedication through Light and Darkness
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Dark Eradicator Warlock

Spells (16):

Sage's Stone
Summoner's Art
Silent Doom
Dark Factory of mass production
Tribute Doll
Ancient Rules
Magical Dimension
Gift of the Weak
The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh
Transcendent Wings
Polymerization
Mist Body
Magical Neutralizing Force Field
Double Spell
Magical Blast
Swords of Revealing Light

Traps (6):

Birthright
Magician's Circle
Magic Cylinder
Black Horn of Heaven
Mirror Force
Magical Hats

Description: His extremely extravagant hair consists of multiple layers; while his fringe is made up of long, crooked blond locks, the main body features seven large, black spikes with magenta-rimmed edges. He’s on average, a short man. His eyes are a lovely purple, inherited from his mother. He’s usually dressed in casual goth clothes.

History: I utterly refuse to write this on the grounds that you should know! (<- I will however write it if someone requests me too... :o)

Other: He’s finally dating Anzu.

Houndoom_Lover
22nd October 2009, 10:28 PM
The decks have been approved. Are all the players ready?

Roy Karrde
22nd October 2009, 10:33 PM
Lets start! Been waiting almost a week for this sucker to start!

Houndoom_Lover
22nd October 2009, 10:35 PM
I've been waiting since the dawn of man! As soon as I finish my homework, I'll do the subject thread or whatever the heck its called! ^w^

I just assume you're ready, my lambchop >w< I'll wait for your reply too

I'm going to assume all you is ready, I'll start this sucker up as soon as I get 3,000 words into my novel :0 Kaykayakayakaykay?