PDA

View Full Version : Shows you can't tell your friends you watch

Houndoom_Lover
13th July 2009, 05:37 PM
You know, stuff you're too embrassed to talk about. Be it kiddie cartoons or drama-girly show, tell 'em here. No fear!

A hopelessly pointless thread for fun. Hurzah!

Me, it's Icarly. Though I found out yesterday that they all like it. To think, we coulda been talking about it all this time!

And Boondocks. I love that show, but feel I'm too white to watch it. Gwawawa. Your turns~ *frolics away to post else where*

Holy Elf
13th July 2009, 05:47 PM
Haha I watch Spongebob. That is a crime in its own way!!!!!!!

Houndoom_Lover
13th July 2009, 05:56 PM
Oh God, yes owo Welcome to the site by the way ^_^.

But holy crap, yes >w< Same with watching Pokemon in general, but my friends are cool with how nerdy I am.

classy_cat18
13th July 2009, 05:56 PM
And Boondocks. I love that show, but feel I'm too white to watch it. Gwawawa. Your turns~ *frolics away to post else where*

I think it's an excellent idea for whites to watch that show!

Um...anything dubbed by 4Kids. I actually liked Yu-Gi-Oh when it was starting out, but that was before I started reading the manga. And One Piece's crappy first opening was really catching.

What else? Um...Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law. Peanut for President! XD

One more thing. *starts to back up*

I...sorta...kinda...like King of the Hill. *runs away from fellow mods*

Houndoom_Lover
13th July 2009, 06:00 PM
XD AAaw! Come back, King of the Hill is okay. I don't get alot of the jokes, because I'm stupid >wo Apparently. But I love Family Guy and Futurama.

And Harvey Birdman! That show is freakin' brilliant! Did you see the one with the Jetsons?

*blushes* o_O Drawn Together. Lord, now that show...

XD "What a Digital Dummy" Gosh, I love Yu-gi-oh. I wish they'd run old episodes on the tv...Or make Yu-gi-oh Arbidged on DVD. I'd buy it.

Boondocks taught me not to touch black people's shoes, and that Whites are swayed by cheese...It's true. I love cheese :3

DarkestLight
13th July 2009, 06:19 PM
>> Did she seriously say King of the Hill?

Oy don't run. I watch it too from time to time. "This smells like sick" XD! Anything with any remote connection to Beavis and Butthead has to be awesome xD.

Houndoom_Lover
13th July 2009, 06:23 PM
Beavis and Butthead for the win!!

Veggietales anyone? I get a great deal-a Catholic joy from watching them XD

classy_cat18
13th July 2009, 08:03 PM
And Harvey Birdman! That show is freakin' brilliant! Did you see the one with the Jetsons?

Oh yeah. Birdman's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson (or something like that) from the year 2000. XD

Houndoom_Lover
13th July 2009, 08:18 PM
Hahaha! Yes! And their legs break on the way to his deck XD

Telume
13th July 2009, 10:03 PM
Drake and Josh.

And Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

Houndoom_Lover
13th July 2009, 10:48 PM
I can see Ned's. I wouldn't admit to that either *watches it* But I love Drake and Josh! That's some good quailty tv!

Zoey 101 anyone XD?

Gavin Luper
13th July 2009, 11:13 PM
Heh, cool thread idea, Wed.

I don't really watch a lot of current TV shows for some reason ... I tend to watch DVDs of series that I like. Of those, there aren't really any I'm embarrassed about liking - Friends, Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, Will and Grace, The Golden Girls. Yes, I like sitcoms. I also love British shows like The IT Crowd.

Oh, I am somewhat ashamed about enjoying Masterchef. Urgh. Yes, I hate that show and yet still watch it...siiigh.

Weasel Overlord
14th July 2009, 08:26 AM
Me and one friend went through a guilty Supernanny phase... And me and the bf have sort of got into Come Dine With Me. OH THE SHAME. Other than that, well, some of my friends laugh at my Doctor Who/Torchwood love, but I'm not embarrassed by them. Yaoi stuff I guess, cos I can't tell like... parents about that, heheh.

Drago
14th July 2009, 08:29 AM
I'm fairly shameless, so there isn't a whole lot I hide. I don't admit to many people that I watch Desperate Housewives, as it's essentially just a beefed-up soap opera. And though I don't hide nor deny occasionally watching pro wrestling, there are times that I change the channel away should someone be walking by, simply because some of the storylines are so stupid you feel embarrassed for watching. ...And could also be described as a beefed-up soap opera.

Magmar
14th July 2009, 09:03 AM
I don't watch much TV... and when I do , it's something like Dexter, Family Guy, or SUPERJAIL or something equally spectacular on Adult Swim.

I was embarassed to say that I occasionally youtube up a little Sailor Moon, but now all my straight jock friends do too o_o;; whenever we get high

Telume
14th July 2009, 01:38 PM
I used to watch the shows from CN during the "Cartoon Cartoons" era, like Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Courage. Those shows kicked ass.

I still watch the re-runs when they come on now. (If they do, 'cause some shows don't even get re-runs.)

Now all I switch to CN for really is Adult Swim. (I know part of this belongs in another thread but, whatever LOL.)

You know which show was really funny? And I'm kinda pissed they took it off, Super Milk-chan

We must never forget: "YOU DUMBASS!"

Houndoom_Lover
14th July 2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the thread compliment ^_^ I figured we needed one like this. Yeees

Superjail is fulla win! Sitcom wise, Black Hole. Sometimes I don't admit that I watch that one :3 Its nerdy.

Doctor Who is so awesome.

I can't think of anything I'd watch that I'd never mention though, be ashamed of, but not never mention :3

I love Kid vs Kat and Phineas and Ferb. Right now, I'm watching Static Shock :heart:

Adrenaline
14th July 2009, 02:12 PM
Okay about any Teen Nickalodeon show, anything from Disney Channel, Phineas and pherb... haha, and Family Guy.

Asilynne
14th July 2009, 02:31 PM
Bridezilla, damn those are some mean bitches. Sometimes it pisses me off too how crazy they get over little things WHEN THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED FOR GOODNESS SAKE! Reguardless of how perfect the damn tablecloths are or if the cake has the right number of Tiers, you have a wonderful man so stfu XD I also like Meerkat Manor which my siblings tease me for :S

Houndoom_Lover
14th July 2009, 03:51 PM
I love Bridezilla ^-^ I love wedding shows...wedding shows about cake. o.o Ace of Cakes, anyone? I'm kind of embrassed that I spend alot of time on the food channel.

Blademaster
14th July 2009, 05:00 PM
^Oh like THAT'S a big surprise. :P

Houndoom_Lover
14th July 2009, 05:03 PM
Haha, nom nom nom! I luuuurves food! :3 Okay, Next Food Channel Star, whatever that show is called...->w<- I was so additched to it...

DarkestLight
14th July 2009, 05:13 PM
^in agreeance. Food channel is teh shizzle.

Houndoom_Lover
14th July 2009, 05:17 PM
:3 Sweet! I really love the Challendge show- Did anyone see the episode with the huge ass Sock Monkey of Doom!?

Favorite episode ever! I want that cake...Actually, I want the Ace of Cake's people to make my wedding cake/important cakes so I can have it be on TV! ^_^

Asilynne
14th July 2009, 06:25 PM
Im also a sucker for Groomer has it, Trading Spouses, and MXC most extreme eliminations. And A Wedding Story, A Baby Story on TLC :S so embarrassing lol

Houndoom_Lover
14th July 2009, 06:30 PM
Eeew, that reminds me of that Wife Swapping show. :o That show. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

But the Biggest Loser. Yeeeah, I watch that show. >w< Can't-stop-watching. Fat people make good tv.

Fett One
14th July 2009, 07:36 PM
For me it's Pokemon. All of my friends like watching cartoons but if they heard I still watch Pokemon, I'd be the butt of their jokes for a few weeks. The funny thing is I only watch it out of habit not because I like watching it (I still do to a small extent).

Telume
15th July 2009, 01:26 AM
You know, I actually like Meerkat Manor (back when the guy was narrating, the girl has a hideous voice, plus I got so used to the guy narrating that I just thought his voice fit some of the situations more.) and It's Me or the Dog.

For Meerkat Manor I saw the "movie" and I actually thought Whoopi Goldberg made a pretty good Narrator for it and Victoria Stillwell just kicks ass.

DarkestLight
15th July 2009, 04:06 PM
Meerkat manor is awesome. Yo what happened to Flower? I missed a good bit, but I came back and she was gone :O! What's up with that!

Telume
15th July 2009, 04:23 PM
She died defending her newborn pups from a snake.

Katie
23rd July 2009, 11:30 AM
I watch those silly home decorating, home remodeling, and home buying shows on HGTV :x I have no idea why I like them so much, I live in a tiny cramped apartment so maybe I'm living through others? "BUY HOUSE NUMBER TWO!! NO NUMBER TWO!! YOU RETARDS!" :3

Also I'm sure my friends would be surprised I watch What Not to Wear, I don't care about my own fashion but I like watching the transformations. I want nick to do my hair! Apparently he charges like $500 on his own time though. :(

Then I don't have to hide that I watch Animal Planet way too much. It's Me or the Dog is great, more people should watch it (and shoot Cesar Millan in the head; or at least get his show canceled). I also love it when they air the dog shows. And Animal Cops, it's such as sad but a feel-good show at the same time. Those people don't get enough thanks, they're so awesome. I hate the "weird true and freaky" shit AP's been showing lately though...

RedStarWarrior
25th July 2009, 11:23 PM
I watch Chowder.