PDA

View Full Version : `,` Ramses: A Dynasty Divided `,` --- CANCELED

Bear
15th July 2009, 06:59 PM
Ramses: A Dynasty Divided

Opening Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRXRRlICvgo)

INTRO
"Hoist those stones into the catapults! DO IT!" bellowed the officer from his chariot platform, cracking his whip upon the backs of the slaves as he rode along the lines. Countless men in ragged tunics strained and struggled together to lift the multiple ton boulders into the tightly woven catapult heads. There must have been six or seven of these wooden behemoths, spaced apart sideways in a straight formation outside the imperial city of Kun-Ra. The wooden arms of the catapults were bending and groaning like trees in the wind, audible even to the soldiers atop the city walls, some 500 yards away. While the offending army was preparing their assault, the city's defenders were busily placing their archers in key positions behind the protective stone wall. Men with longbows scurried along the narrow precipice, sure-footed and silent. On the ground, other formations were taking shape. Hundreds of soldiers in full battle dress flooded the large plaza that lay just inside the city gates. Pikesmen were in front with their tall shields and long spears. Behind them stood another line of archers, and behind them were the chariot drivers. While the men inside the city braced the gate, they could hear the chants and stomping of the attacking army's foot soldiers. Like the city's protectors, the intruders were also moving their men into formation. In the midst of this vast host, sitting atop a large chariot was Sahaj, top military commander and advisor to Hana.

Hana, being the youngest son of Ramses II, had set his eyes on Kun-Ra, capital of the southern province and headquarters to his eldest brother, Zadin. Hana, in his bid to capture his father's throne, aimed to strike a fast and lethal blow to Zadin's forces in the hopes of dismantling his stronghold and removing him from the conflict. Zadin, he felt, was a bigger threat to him than his other brother Masep, who controlled the western province. Either way, Hana was bent on destroying his brothers, and ultimately being the sole ruler of the Egyptian empire.

As the men of both armies finished their preparations, silence fell over the masses of soldiers. As the breeze blew sandstreams across the field that divided them, the men stared at each other, unblinking. This standstill lasted for several minutes, until a familiar voice from a large chariot belted out the cue order.

"FIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

PLOT
It is a time of war. The conflict over who is the rightful heir to the throne of Ramses II has escalated into all-out violence...

Ramses II was considered by some to be the greatest Pharaoh in the history of the Egyptian empire. With land stretching the full length of the Nile from the lake in the mountains to the vast sea, Ramses was responsible for amassing the largest contiguous empire in the world. During his lifetime, Ramses had 3 sons named Zadin, Masep, and Hana. He granted each of them control over their own provinces, with the expectation that the one who had governed his land most effectively would be given the title of Pharaoh upon Ramses' death. Zadin ruled the Southern province, Masep ruled the Western province, and Hana ruled the Northeastern province. However, Ramses was unexpectedly struck by a radical illness, and passed away before he could name his heir. Since there was no written law on this matter, the High Priests and Advisors met to attempt to resolve this debate. However, no satisfactory conclusion could be drawn, and the Pharaoh's throne remained empty. The three brothers began to grow impatient and irritated, and efforts to come to a decision became increasingly short, and increasingly hostile. Eventually, the brothers became so frustrated that they declared war oneach other, and that to claim the throne they must annihilate the other two. So began the conflict that would later be called the Dune War....

CHARACTERS
In this RPG, players will assume the roles of various citizens within the Empire. The RPG itself will be following the daily lives of these characters and of course the progress of the war. In order to make things less complicated, I'm going to limit the types of people to a few. Players will be taking on the roles of Soldiers, Merchants, or Clergy (Pharaoh's Priests). I will also permit players to play the three brothers, but you must PM me your request for a brother, and you must include your signup form. If I approve it, I will allow you to post it here. Other than the brothers, you have free reign over your characters. Just keep in mind that this RPG is based in ancient Egypt, so there are no guns or cars or magic or ninjas or anything like that :D. You are also free (and encouraged) to sign up multiple characters, but please try to keep it reasonable so you can keep good track of them.

FORMS
Ah yes, finally we come to the fun part - the FORMS! I'll do my best to make these comprehensive without having to make a separate form for every class, but I can't guarantee that fully. So without further ado...

Name: Your character's name (try to make it sound somewhat Egyptian, but I'm not picky)
Age: How many years your character has existed on this planet
Class: Choose from the ones listed above (they're underlined =P)
Rank ([i]Soldiers only): Officer, Bowman, Pikesman, or Cavalry?
Province: What city and province do you live in? (For Soldiers, the Province you fight for)
Occupation (Merchants only): What do you do?
Appearance: Just a general description of what your character looks like. Specifics are not necessary.
Personality: Tell us about your(character)self!
Background: Give us some background info on your character. Do whatever you like with this.
Family: If you have a spouse and/or children, list them here. Need not be other characters in the RPG.
Other: Anything else I (we) should know about?

Phew, that took a while! Alright folks, let's get to those signups! If you have questions, feel free to post them here or PM me directly.

CHARACTER LIST
Adrenaline - Feradae, Soldier
Houndoom_lover - Samenkhet, Priestess

Adrenaline
15th July 2009, 08:12 PM
Name: Feradae
Class: Soldier
Province: Southern
Appearance: Average size around 5'11, with defined muscles and a compact body. Has black spiky hair and blue irises. Has lighter tan than most of the Egyptians that are in the sun more. Has an earring in his left ear.
Personality: He is a complete anti-social person. Don't get me wrong he is thoughtful, and only spoken to when asked to. Has a select person he tells everything to and can always be found with that person. (if anyone wants to be his best friend that he tells everything to, just say so in your sign up. Otherwise it will just be a NPC. but much appreciated to that person who does!!!) Conceals a lot of emotions and occasionally blows up on people from bottling it up. Usually takes it out on the battlefield though.
Background: He was a slave up till about his toddler years (two to three years old). He then was adopted by this merchant and grew up on a farm. He trained himself in the art of swordplay and had an edge for it. He decided to enter the military at a young age of seventeen. Along with his two-handed sword, the Generals, Admirals, and Lieutenants did not like what they saw at first. They decided to put him up against some of the more experienced fighter. Lets just say he showed them how its done. They granted him the rank of officer with pleasure. With his unique style of swordplay, they new that a Pikesman or a Bowman would not fit him.
Family: Real parents were slaves. His adoptive father was a vegetable merchant.
Other: Is always thinking of ways to solve things. Loves a good puzzle. In combat uses a two-handed sword in combat. Has mastered swordplay styles in his short seventeen years.

Houndoom_Lover
15th July 2009, 08:40 PM
Clergy me. I desire to relive my days as a Priestress. I'll fill out my form in a mo'.

Name: Samenkhet

Class: Clergy (Priestess)

Province: What city and province do you live in?: Northen...(? I had confusion :3)

Appearance: Of an adverage height, her features are as soft as sand. A solem face, gentle eyes the colour of the Nile in the shade. Her skin is a light tan, paled from endless days in the temple. Shaven head like all of the Priests, she wears a straight haired wig, two stands beaded on both sides.

Personality: For someone who deals with the holliness of music, she is very silent and withdrawl when not doing her holy duties. Very foreward, curt. She always has a kind smile to give, even if its a false one.

Background: Her Father was a Priest. Her mother...may have been an outsider. It was a horrible scandal that was covered up quickly. Raised by the priesthood, she has seen little of the outside world.

She was engaged to the High-Priest before her Father mysteriously dissapeared. Some believe he joined the enemies of the Dynasty...

Lately she's been dabbling in forbidden practices to the demon Apep and the dark God Set...She hopes no one finds out...

Family: None. See background.

Other: Sometimes she likes to slip away and play with the servants and slaves. Again, she hopes no one finds out.

(Night is getting long!)

Bear
15th July 2009, 11:04 PM
Both accepted, and you're taking to the theme quite well! Welcome to the RPG.

Adrenaline
15th July 2009, 11:19 PM
i just edited.. if you didnt see.....

Houndoom_Lover
16th July 2009, 03:43 PM
Why thank you, Bear ^_^ I love this stuff. If I built a time machine, I'd go back and live there. It be hot and sandy, but I'd suck it up because it be worth it...:3 I can't wait until we start!

Bear
17th July 2009, 09:35 PM
Ok just to let you guys know I removed a couple classes from the list because it seems a bit too complicated. This way we won't need a massive number of people to make the RPG work.

Bear
20th July 2009, 08:12 PM
Due to lack of interest, this RPG has been canceled. Thank you to those who signed up!

Houndoom_Lover
20th July 2009, 08:43 PM
Shut uuuuuup! TwT

All you guys suck, offically right now. *instantly lost all hope for humanity*