PDA

View Full Version : 40 years after Apollo 11 NASA admits......

Master Rudy
17th July 2009, 02:25 AM
THAT THEY ERASED THE FOOTAGE BY MISTAKE! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_sc/us_sci_moon_video)

Heh.....bet you thought I was going to say "they admit they faked it." Either way however it's an intresting story that's no doubt going to get the conspiracy rumor mill turning. Anyone care to discuss?

Bear
17th July 2009, 10:02 AM
Epic fail. I'm waiting for a picture related to this to end up on failblog lol

Houndoom_Lover
17th July 2009, 11:24 AM
Hahahaaa...Oh, NASA...I love NASA, they don't get enough belly rubs, but that's just epic fail right there.

Roswell weather balloon bad.

Telume
17th July 2009, 01:36 PM
*losing horns go here*

Kurosakura
17th July 2009, 02:01 PM
As much as I wanted to join NASA when I was a kid...
This really is epic fail. I mean, shouldn't they have enough funds for like 100 more tapes? No matter how thin they're stretched? THEIR EXCUSE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

Magmar
17th July 2009, 05:01 PM
That is such an epic fail, I'm glad we agree. Truly EPIC

Blademaster
17th July 2009, 05:40 PM
I'm listening to 'The Price is Right' music as I type this. How ironic...

Houndoom_Lover
17th July 2009, 08:10 PM
Hahahaha, TPM has labled NASA an epic fail on this- That should be the title of the news heading.

Oh gosh, we need an Epic Fail thread XD

Pokemaster Ash
17th July 2009, 09:47 PM
Well in the 60s and 70s, it was not very uncommon for tapes to be erased and used for some other project. Boneheaded, I know, but sadly that was the era for that sort of stupidity. And it was very much not just NASA that did this, too. Part of the reason a lot of the early episodes of Doctor Who are either incomplete or missing are because of stupid things like this (mostly the First and Second Doctors' eras, though the Third's took a slight hit too with a few episodes originally in color only surviving in black and white).

And on the TV segue, for those who think this might be proof that it was staged and NASA is hiding the evidence, I say I reject your reality and substitute my own. Last season, the MythBusters took on the moon landing hoax conspiracy and busted it.

Master Rudy
18th July 2009, 01:05 AM
I'm listening to 'The Price is Right' music as I type this. How ironic...

Heh......a little known fact is that after Barker retired and Carey took over that Adam Sandler also joined the show in an off camera role and took Barker's exec. producer job. Check the credits sometime. In regards to that I can just hear him shouting "The price is wrong bitch!"

And on the TV segue, for those who think this might be proof that it was staged and NASA is hiding the evidence, I say I reject your reality and substitute my own. Last season, the MythBusters took on the moon landing hoax conspiracy and busted it.

Ok first and formost I'm a Mythbusters junkie. In fact I'm actually watching some recorded episodes off my DVR right now. And second off I do believe we landed on the moon. However if anything the Mythbusters/M5 Industries doing moon landing tests most likely didn't help stop or slow down people who cry out "CONSPIRACY!" Why do I say that? Simple......they'd be just the guys you'd get to help set up a hoax. Hell in the episode in question Adam even acknowledges that!

But yeah it's truely an epic fail!

shazza
18th July 2009, 01:38 AM
Haha, I lolled at the epicness of this fail.