PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Water Type help on Yellow needed!

BigBubb
12th April 2003, 06:49 AM
I recently got Yellow for free off my friend, and i've just beaten Lt. Surge. My question is, are there any other Water Types here other than Squirtle/Magikarp? If not, when will the next ones be along?

P.S. My first post in RBY forums! :D

Myth
12th April 2003, 09:59 AM
Get a slowpoke at safari zone. From Vermillion travel to celadon thru the rock cave, then go down all the way to fuchsia and catch a slowpoke at safari zone.

Tobybro is teh Best. Water. Type. Evar.

Amnesia
ThunderWave
Surf
Rest

And any variant of that is pretty lethal.

RaZoR LeAf
12th April 2003, 10:07 AM
Tobybro is great for battling, but if you just want a water type for the game..

In Cerulean city you can get Eevee and buy a Water Stone to get Vaporeon. It takes a bit of walking around, but when you have the POke Flute, you'll be able to move Snorlax. Then you'll be able to get the Super Rod and Good Rod from the pier south of levender and Fuschia city respectivly.

Leon-IH
19th April 2003, 07:36 PM
i strongly reccomend you evolve that magikrap (no typo) because big blue dragons rule.. as does hydro pump

88jh14
22nd April 2003, 05:13 PM
Either evolve your Magikarp to a Gyardos or catch a wild Pokémon by fishing with the Good Rod.

~ Jamie

Cammy White
25th April 2003, 01:49 PM
I know the problem. I restarted my yellow and was having difficulties with what water type pokémon to use. I rushed quickly to fuschia and fished for a Staryu though. It was level 30 and I'll probably need to try and catch another, lowere levelled one. But your best bet (if you don't want to do that) is use a Slowpoke. You could also use Gyarados if you want but I'm not a fan of them.:no: Also Leon-IH, Surf is better than Hydro Pump. More PP, better accuracy and only 25 less damage infliction.

Leon-IH
26th April 2003, 04:45 AM
i know, i just like the graphics for hydro.. surf graphics are a pain in the you know what