PDA

View Full Version : My Platinum Team

Adrenaline
23rd July 2009, 11:02 AM
Alright I started over my Platinum game because I wasnt paying any attention to what my team was. It was basically six pokemon with their bes attacks. No thought out natures, abilitites, movesets, or anything.I would really like my team to revove around Lucario, Raichu, Togekiss, Roserade, Houndoom, and Gyarados.

So far I was thinking:

Lucario @Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Steadfast
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Crunch/Stone Edge/Ice Punch
-Swords Dance

Raichu @Leftovers
Hasty Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute/Nasty Plot
-Focus Punch
-Hidden Power [Ice]/Surf/Grass Knot

Togekiss @Leftovers
Modest Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
-Air Slash
-Thunder Wave
-Aura Sphere
-Wish/Roost

Roserade @Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball
-Sleep Powder/Hidden Power [Fire/Ice]

Houndoom @Life Orb/Salac Berry
Timid Nature
Ability: Flash Fire
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Substitute/Hidden Power [Grass/Ice/Fighting]

Gyarados @Leftovers
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Waterfall
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance

Thoughts? Suggestions? Improvements?

DarkestLight
23rd July 2009, 04:13 PM
I see a Ground Weakness to exploit, since half of your team is weak to it. You also have alot of attackers..In fact, everyone is an attacker to some degree, with Kiss playing a psuedo annoyer role...which is fine, if you wanna try it that way. My brain is fried, but I did have some thoughts..

Gyara: Waterfall over Ice Fang. Lucario and Ice Punch will do more damage, especially since you have SD on Lucario.

Doom: Spec Sweeper Doom..haven't seen those since GSC honestly. But Nasty Plot may kill you.before you shoot anything off. I see Sub on there, but even still, you might only get one Plot off if they keep breaking your Sub.

Kiss: Give Kiss Nasty Plot :o. You could pass it to Doom and then start chaos that way. :O

That's all. :O

Adrenaline
23rd July 2009, 04:40 PM
thank you will do. have been waiting for a reply all day! XD

Poryhedron
23rd July 2009, 09:17 PM
In addition to the Ground weakness DarkestLight pointed out (Luca-Rai-Hound), you also have a Rock weakness (Toge-Hound-Gyar.) I'd imagine a single pokémon packing both a Ground attack and a Rock attack is not unlikely. If you insist on using these pokémon, make sure you have a plan if you find yourself up against a sweeper with Ground and Rock attacks (remember that not every Sweeper with Ground and Rock attacks is going to be a Rock-type or Ground-type pokémon!)

Ultimate Charizard
23rd July 2009, 11:30 PM
To put it into Perspective, my Flygon could potentially 1 shot 5 members of your team since it has Stone Edge, Earthquake, Flamethrower and Dragon Claw.
And dont say its ok cos you will get a chance to take it down with Ice moves (should u bring any) as Flygons are rediculously fast.

Poryhedron
24th July 2009, 08:09 PM
To put it into Perspective, my Flygon could potentially 1 shot 5 members of your team since it has Stone Edge, Earthquake, Flamethrower and Dragon Claw.
And dont say its ok cos you will get a chance to take it down with Ice moves (should u bring any) as Flygons are rediculously fast.

All six, actually. The only team member not weak against Rock or Ground is Roserade, who's allergic to your Flygon's Flamethrower.

Adrenaline
24th July 2009, 09:20 PM
hold on I will post a new team seeing as I obviously made a huge mistake in my team! XDDD

Telume
2nd August 2009, 07:51 PM
I know this is late but I SHOULD point out that you SHOULD try to get some bulkier pokemon in there.

You have NO WALLS or BRICKS whatsoever. All your pokemon tend to have pretty moderate to BAD defenses.

The only one that COULD potentially serve that purpose in that team is Togekiss. Offense is good but you need at least 1 more bulky pokemon in there or you're going to get swept in the blink of an eye.

Try to insert a Staller or a wall, Umbreon makes a good Wall/Tank and Kingdra offers up the bulky water with some punch. Empoleon is also a good option, albeit a slow one.

If you like Ghosts then Dusknoir is also a good brick pokemon to have and it can take a few hits if you run the right move set. Torterra is also good for a nice tank, just watch out for Dragon syndrom (4x Weakness to Ice).

swisszop
20th September 2021, 06:41 AM
make sure you have a plan if you find yourself up against a sweeper with Ground and Rock attacks