PDA

View Full Version : Has it really been THAT long?

Master Rudy
25th July 2009, 03:18 PM
Yep.......today marks me being at TPM for 9 years.......don't know what to make of that but it's true.

Much has changed for me both good and bad. Right now I'm just trying to make the best of a bad situation and get back the most important things in my life. At least now I'm a little smarter than I was 9 years ago. In the meantime during my spare time I'm still more than happy to RP, play games with my friends online and provide a smartass comment when the need arises.

So what's the point of this topic? Pretty simple.......seeing that some of us have been here quite a while how have things changed between now and then for you? Bottom line is what were you like when you first started posting here and how are you now? Also feel free to share TPM memories.

9 years ago puts me just shy of my 15th birthday. Back then I was really unsure of which way I wanted to go in life. My grandpa just died and I didn't have too many friends. Mainly back in the day I came to TPM because I really enjoyed a good link battle with the few friends I had. I was mainly looking for any edge I could get in a fight not to mention the anime news and occasional fanfic wasn't bad either. News of the original GS was also a plus.

Over time I've graduated high school, thought I knew more about the world than I truely did, stumbled into the RP board and eventually briefly served as a mod there. There's a long story behind that one. End result was a few semi childish grudges that eventually faded when one of TPM's biggest jackasses got what was coming to him (Mike if your reading this just know you aren't missed).

Eventually with differences settled I came back. Been a bit all over the board in recent years. Back in August of 2003 I wound up in my first relationship that I eventually fucked up. Made a ton of mistakes career wise that I hope I'm fixing now slowly but surely. Been looking towards the Air Force for awhile and I hope that once one more personal problem is finally done and out of the way that I can throw myself at it full force.

As for TPM I've seen friends come and go. I've seen them leave and come back. As for now with the main site gone for awhile TPM itself just like me is at a crossroads and the ironic thing is the more things change the more they stay the same. I originally came to TPM when the first new of GS was breaking at a point where I was unsure of what I wanted to do. Now I'm still slightly unsure (yet I've got a good idea now at least) while TPM itself is getting ready to try to do a main site revival in time for the GS DS remakes.

As far as the internet goes TPM will always be my first home online. Screw My Space, Facebook and all the others. In the end this is my social networking site. What's the future hold for me? I don't know but I only hope that my mistakes are more than made up for and that I can reclaim the things I've lost over the years. However in any event as long as TPM is around you can bet I'll pop in every now and again to see what's up ^_~

Bear
26th July 2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah. Let's whine to TPM and hope somebody cares.

Haha, only the coolest people troll a Pokemon site...

Master Rudy
26th July 2009, 05:00 PM
Heh......I looked into the name of the person that created their account just for the sake of trolling my topic here. That you again Jay? Do you truely have nothing better to do than to be a jackass and constantly make new accounts for the sole purpose of being an idiot? XD

In any case got anything solid to add James? Surely you must have a few stories to share since you've been here nearly as long as I have? ^_~

Blademaster
26th July 2009, 05:16 PM
Yes, Rudy, it really has been that long.

Enjoy your wasted life. :wave:

Houndoom_Lover
26th July 2009, 05:21 PM
I don't have anything contructive to say today, or even anything that relates to this topic. But you see that magicarp picture up there? I just saved it. It may end up being my new webcam on dA because it made me laugh so hard...

Oooh, Magicarp.

I think trolling and random ads from dumb people that like to advertise make the site look popular! :3 Hurzah!

Nine years, huh, that's impressive!

Lady Vulpix
27th July 2009, 08:56 AM
9 years! That's a long time indeed. Thanks for staying here this long! I'll be joining you in October (in reaching that milestone, that is).

Knight of Time
27th July 2009, 09:11 AM
9 years is impressive, alright, I'm right in between you and Gabi for sure, August 31 that is.

Though I must add, I can only imagine how impressive it would be if someone was here for 10 years...

And don't worry about Jay, Rudy, as far as he goes, I hope someday he'll learn to show some respect around here, I mean, once you see the true colours of someone you thought you could call a "friend", it's just a matter of subtraction...of the R in friend that is.

Heald
27th July 2009, 11:13 AM
Guys, I would really appreciate it if you kept on topic. I've deleted the last two posts and I encourage other people not to feed this persistent spammer.

Master Rudy
27th July 2009, 05:02 PM
Though I must add, I can only imagine how impressive it would be if someone was here for 10 years.

Well come March 2010 we're going to be seeing a ton of that ^_~ lol

Ultimate Charizard
27th July 2009, 06:08 PM
Um....maybe im wrong but havent a few of us been here longer? Do our current join dates predate the EZ Board or did they all start when we came back from there?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th July 2009, 11:54 PM
Um....maybe im wrong but havent a few of us been here longer? Do our current join dates predate the EZ Board or did they all start when we came back from there?

If I got this right, the join dates are correct. If you look at people's join dates, there are lots of them behind the EZ period, which was in 2002. Again, the Member List master Mikachu Yukitatsu teaches...

List by join date. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/memberlist.php?order=ASC&sort=joindate&pp=50)

Of course, perhaps I got this wrong, at least it seemed so obvious to me.

And congratulations Master Rudy! I didn't see TPM forums before the WTC and Pentagon terrorist attacks.

RedStarWarrior
28th July 2009, 01:37 AM
April was my 9 year anniversary. Congrats, dude. You've almost wasted an entire decade on a Pokémon forum!

PancaKe
28th July 2009, 05:38 AM
Aw my 9 year anniversary isn't till next February. I totally thought it was this february, but I just can't count.

=)

It's kind of amazing how TPM has been there longer than a lot of other things.... hahaa

Bear
28th July 2009, 08:42 AM
Sarah and I will be celebrating our 9 years as well, in October and November respectively. Phew, hard to believe I started here as a junior in high school!

Lady Vulpix
28th July 2009, 09:16 AM
Wow, I was the 148th member to join! And when I joined I was already teaching at university... except back then I was teaching for free and didn't even have my bachelor degree yet.

Rossymore
28th July 2009, 10:02 AM
My 1st anniversery won't be until March but with the amount of posts I have you would have thought I've been here for around three years.

Congrats everyone who's reached nearly nine years!

Bear
28th July 2009, 03:52 PM
I just looked at the list. It never dawned on me that I was #190 to join. The day before me, none other than Little_Pikachu became #189. The day after me, Lord Hotshot the First was #191. Interesting that they both ended up being people I got to know quite well, despite the fact that we didn't know each other at all at first. Good times :D

Rossymore
28th July 2009, 04:13 PM
Apparently, I'm member #5623. xD
No one around me though is equal to my post count. It's amazing that this place is actually 39 years old. As it's first member was Chris who created this place January 1970.

Take that Serebii...coincidentely, he was also a member as well for 6 years.

This place has a lot of strange history.

Jeff
28th July 2009, 04:41 PM
Wow, so the first person to join after Kevin (and Chris with his amazing time-traveling ability) was... Serebii.:o

Blademaster
28th July 2009, 05:39 PM
Member #4333 signing in. I joined about halfway through TPM's life, yet I fall in the last 20% of members... Damn, this place musta been popular back in the early 2000's.

Heald
28th July 2009, 05:54 PM
Member 106 here.

Hmm, so I joined before LP and before all 3 of our supermods? How delicious.

Zak
28th July 2009, 06:11 PM
I'm probably the only one of the four of us with a five-digit member number, but it's a pretty easy one to remember. I was #17071.

Number1ChanseyFan
28th July 2009, 08:53 PM
Congrats on 9 years!! :birthday: I am still a couple of months away from my 9 year anniversary. Yeah, its hard to believe, I was only 15 when I first joined here too!!

BTW, my member number is 4998, so I just missed being #5000. Now on the member list I am listed at #186, but I guess that must have been the result of a lot of old accounts getting pruned.

Another interesting thing that some of you may or may not know... me and L_P registered the same day, have the same birthday, and both have been mods @ TPM. And I originally was going to use red as my font color here, but when I saw L_P using it, I wanted a unique color of my own... although it turned out that EVme15 also used magenta.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th July 2009, 11:37 PM
Apparently, I'm member #5623. xD
No one around me though is equal to my post count. It's amazing that this place is actually 39 years old. As it's first member was Chris who created this place January 1970.

Take that Serebii...coincidentely, he was also a member as well for 6 years.

This place has a lot of strange history.

Yep. We could write a book about that. When I think about TPM in 2001 when I joined, first thing to remember is that no matter what time it was of the day, there were lots of posters and posts. Pokemon Anime forum was crowded and it was my favourite forum because I sucked at the games. But slowly its activity decreased. They deleted the shipping forum, a place I didn't care though, and at the same time, Hanada Tattsu was making true anime history by having every other post in Pokemon Anime. Every other freakin' post. But Hanada left quite soon after becoming a moderator, and with no Animelee, Murgatroyd, AKA Pokemon Fan and others my favourite forum died.

VirtualPlay
2nd August 2009, 01:32 AM
Man, it has been ages, hasn't it? My 9th isn't until this coming March, so you've got a few months on me. Even so, being around here for over 8 years is still something to make you wonder about your sanity and life (or lack thereof).

Master Rudy
2nd August 2009, 02:43 AM
Member #4333 signing in. I joined about halfway through TPM's life, yet I fall in the last 20% of members... Damn, this place musta been popular back in the early 2000's.

Yeah it was pretty cool.....then you joined and scared away anyone else who would have considered joining :-/

Just kidding Blade. You know we like you ^_~

Angel Blossom
2nd August 2009, 09:01 AM
It's so sad that nearly everybody is gone... I'm remaining hopeful that the revival project will bring much-needed activity to the forums. ^^ We can't let TPM die!

Zak
2nd August 2009, 09:17 AM
The member list as of now is flawed, compared to the original member list, it doesn't even really indicate the order people joined. Jeff if I recall correctly Serebii was member 25. And Blade, you can't be 4333, if Suzie (LP) was originally 5006 (don't ask how I remember that). And mine now is 670, but as I said earlier in this thread, mine had five digits. AND I registered in 2001.

Anyone who registered since 2002 should have at least five digits in their member number.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd August 2009, 11:39 PM
OK, thanks for clearing that up, Zak. If I remember correctly, too, we had a list of the first 1,000 members and that number was achieved relatively fast. Also, let's not forget firepokemon, who was one of the very first members (3rd if I recall) but was banned and came back with a new account.

Wergoheb
3rd August 2009, 02:23 AM
...God, what kind of person has been a member of this site for that many years?

...oh, wait...

The sad thing is, I remember MOST of the people from the First Hundred folks to join. Classy.

Bear
3rd August 2009, 09:03 AM
I think the memberlist is altered because of the problems we've had with hackers previously at the site. I know earlier this year when I was trying to come back, my account had been blocked because a major hacking incident at some point had forced the admins to close down some inactive accounts. Perhaps that's it? Or perhaps accounts have simply been deleted. I'm not sure, but there's got to be an explanation for it.

Telume
3rd August 2009, 12:59 PM
I kinda feel outta place since I only truly joined recently.

Other than that I mostly lurked. I never really joined until now that is.

Thought I DO talk to some of the members who were around back in TPMs heyday on IRC. Though, I would think they're a bit more unknown.

Jay Umbreon
3rd August 2009, 03:55 PM
aww, nice post.

ill reach 9 years in december.

i love this place :)
great memories.

Wergoheb
3rd August 2009, 11:32 PM
I miss this place... This place circa 1999, mind you... but still this place.

Kirby
4th August 2009, 02:21 AM
Congratulations on being here this long!

http://icestrike.net/aphrodite/pkmn/bulbacopter.png

Telume
4th August 2009, 08:50 PM
^ I LOL'd

GreenShirT
18th August 2009, 04:48 PM
You old devil you :P