PDA

View Full Version : New "Saw VI" film, what's your opinion?

Zak
31st July 2009, 02:49 AM
Wasn't planning on posting about it here, but couldn't resist because the teaser/trailer came out on the same day as that of Alice. Though I probably know what most of your "opinions" are. Probably what most who would blindly slam something with "VI" in the title would think.

Though I originally assumed that it'll have a general negative reception (but I still would have planned to go see it), a few things make me think it might get a better reception than the last ones. Some interesting tidbits:

-Some of you knew this, but since before the fourth came out, they had planned on making 6 be the last one. And it has indeed been said there will be a resolution and some form of closure and answering a lot of loose ends. The other ones ended with annoying cliffhangers making you have to wait a year. Probably still gonna be a twist. They might make more, but if they do it would be starting over in a new arc.
-The writers said they are actually looking forward to hear what the critics have to say. That's pretty ballsy considering it's one of their favorite things to slam and they know it. But they're sending them an open invitation this time, should be interesting. No one would ever say something like that and not actually mean it.
-Amanda's back! Still dead, hopefully, but her character's in it a lot and kind of important rather than five seconds of archive footage. Should be interesting.

Blademaster
31st July 2009, 09:57 AM
People who slam SAW baffle me. The series is laid out like a yearly TV show. Stop bitching and whining how it's being milked for all it's worth, it's overrated, it's stupid senseless gore, and all that shit. I'm sure you like other movies that fit those criteria (Maybe not all of them simultaneously, but I digress.).

I personally think that this should indeed be the last one. The series has come farther than most thought (or hoped) that it would, and it has a pretty intricate storyline considering how many installments there are, but facts are facts. Jigsaw is dead. Amanda is dead. What we've been getting since October 2007 is basically filler. I wanna know the story behind Jigsaw's wife, I wanna see the final fate of Jigsaw's 'legacy,' and I wanna know how they're gonna keep in tradition. SAW movies aren't SAW movies without three things:

1. Sadistically clever instruments of pain and torture.
2. Enough fake blood to be called excessive by Eli Roth.
3. A last-minute montage to 'Hello Zepp.'

How will they conclude the series AND fulfill the third condition at the same time?

I'm eager to find out.

Zak
31st July 2009, 11:17 AM
People who slam SAW baffle me. The series is laid out like a yearly TV show. Stop bitching and whining how it's being milked for all it's worth, it's overrated, it's stupid senseless gore, and all that shit. I'm sure you like other movies that fit those criteria (Maybe not all of them simultaneously, but I digress.).

Haha, remember Dru's argument against Saw in last years thread? Classic.

Telume
31st July 2009, 02:44 PM
Saw's gonna turn into the Final Fantasy of movies, I just KNOW IT XD

Blademaster
31st July 2009, 08:19 PM
Them's FIGHTIN' words 'round here, boyo! :mad:

Roy Karrde
31st July 2009, 09:02 PM
Saw's gonna turn into the Final Fantasy of movies, I just KNOW IT XD

Except Final Fantasy atleast attempts to be good.... Yeah I went there!

Seriously cant they start a new movie each year with new characters, new plot, and new setting. I really cant see them milking this for too long before it becomes a bad fan fic.

Houndoom_Lover
31st July 2009, 09:07 PM
I only have seen one Saw, and it was the best damn movie I've ever seen.

And as a great lover of gore movies, I'll said it kicks the ass of all the Final Fantasy everything.

I've never seen the appeal in that- but a movie that makes you go WTF is happening always get a gold star.

Telume
1st August 2009, 01:07 AM
I honestly think it's going to get old and probably going to turn into one of those B-movies you see when you really got nothing better to see.

Crystal Mew
1st August 2009, 01:23 AM
I seriously cannot believe they are making another one of these movies.

They make me ill

Blademaster
1st August 2009, 05:12 AM
Then they're doing their job you sissy. :B

Except Final Fantasy atleast attempts to be good.... Yeah I went there!

Since when? Since the first failed MMORPG, the since the fanservice sequel, since the ass-backwards combat/magic system, or since the series went 3-D to begin with?

Yeah. I went there.

DarkestLight
1st August 2009, 07:02 AM
I never saw SAW. Any of them. I tried to watch it last weekend on SciFi and I missed it cause of a phone call. I'm curious about it, cause everyone seems to talk about how the first three were awesome, IV was weird and V was stupid. So, while I'll not be rushing to see this final one, I would like to watch the complete series finally. So maybe around Halloween I'll sit down and downlo--err "receive" them all and watch them to get an idea of what they're really about..

and no. Eli Roth does NOT use excessive blood. I no not wat u meeen by this, Blade :D