PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wi-Fi Member Card (Darkrai) Promo For NA and Euro "Platinum"

Starry Might
3rd August 2009, 12:28 PM
Member Card to be available to North American and European Platinum players

Key item available via Wi-Fi starting Aug. 3

Update: The key item is also being distributed to European players.

The Member Card, an event-only key item that allows players to go to Newmoon Island to encounter the legendary Pokémon Darkrai, will be distributed via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection from Aug. 3 to Sept. 13. This is the first time it will be distributed to players of the North American version of Pokémon Platinum.

In order to obtain Darkrai, players must have unlocked the National Pokédex in their Platinum game. They must have also approached Cresselia on Fullmoon Island and obtain the Lunar Wing when she leaves.

The Member Card can then be used outside the Harbor Inn in Canalave City. Upon entering, players will encounter a man who will send them sleeping. They will then wake up on Newmoon Island, where a Level 50 Darkrai will be available. It will know the moves Hypnosis, Faint Attack, Nightmare and Double Team. The event can be repeated if players flee or defeat Darkrai.

The key item was first distributed to players of the Japanese version of Platinum last Dec. 1 through Jan 15.
Original Link (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Member_Card_to_be_available_to_North_American_and_ European_Platinum_players)

Well, today's the 3rd, so it's on!

Me? I haven't even beaten the Elite 4 yet (as of this writing, I'm standing in front of Volkner in the Sunyshore Gym, ready to take him on), but I'll definitely do this after I meet the requirements! :D

Ultimate Charizard
3rd August 2009, 01:38 PM
Im literally waiting for night so i can go get Rotom, complete my Dex and find out where this other Island etc is.

Jeff
3rd August 2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks, just reported it on the site (http://209.123.162.177/~vash//tpm/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1249325443&archive=&start_from=&ucat=8&).

I wish more event pokemon would be distributed this way. I hate having to actually go somewhere to get them. Also, why couldn't they do this for Diamond and Pearl too?

Ultimate Charizard
3rd August 2009, 02:56 PM
Quick warning to people, if you decide to 'get curious' and enter the inn, make sure you have your catching team with you. Once your there you cant leave till you Catch/Beat Darkrai.

Im currently stuck there with a training team and no status inducers pelting him with Ultra balls.

DarkestLight
3rd August 2009, 04:19 PM
I was wondering when this was gonna get posted. I haven't caught him yet, but I assumed they wouldn't let you out that place until you catch him.

Yay another Darkrai.

And yes, I dun understand why they don't give us players FULL access of our own games (excess equipment aside ¬¬). You have all this extra stuff in the danged game, but you hardly let other regions utilize/experience it (until now.) Maybe they just needed better internet connectivity?

Starry Might
3rd August 2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks, just reported it on the site (http://209.123.162.177/~vash//tpm/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1249325443&archive=&start_from=&ucat=8&).

I wish more event pokemon would be distributed this way. I hate having to actually go somewhere to get them. Also, why couldn't they do this for Diamond and Pearl too?
WOW, you got TPM back up?! (I knew you were working on that, but I haven't been here for ages, so...)

You're welcome, and thanks!

Quick warning to people, if you decide to 'get curious' and enter the inn, make sure you have your catching team with you. Once your there you cant leave till you Catch/Beat Darkrai.

Im currently stuck there with a training team and no status inducers pelting him with Ultra balls.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the warning. Good luck!

Crazy Elf Boy
3rd August 2009, 07:36 PM
WHEN WILL THEY GIVE THIS STUFF TO AUSTRALIANS. *RAGE*

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd August 2009, 11:07 PM
Hee-hee CEB! Now I'll only need Pokemon Platinum. I'm afraid I'll have to steal it from one of my friends.

DarkestLight
4th August 2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah, I forgot I got Darkrai from the other two giveaways already, so when I ran in there and did the whole sequence...I realized that all I had to do was Repeat Ball it.

Shazam n_n!

However...who was the voice? I have my suspicions, but yeah....

Ultimate Charizard
4th August 2009, 04:06 PM
Its Arceus apparently.

Dark Sage
4th August 2009, 05:04 PM
Its Arceus apparently.

That's what I figured too. I have to wonder if Arceus will have any dialogue when the event is given for the item that lets you confront it as well.

(Which is probably the most unlikely scenario in the whole game. I have no idea how a ten-year-old kid would ever be able to capture a Pokemon that fulfills the role of "God" and tell it what to do.)

Starry Might
6th September 2009, 12:45 PM
http://www.undergroundnotes.com/wkett/starrymightspics/bump.gif

Hey guys, I got Darkrai yesterday!

The first time I confronted him, I paralyzed Darkrai with Rotom, then I swapped in my Togekiss to use Safeguard (to prevent Sleep), but when I did an Air Slash with the latter, it did a Critical Hit and KO'd Darkrai, forcing me to restart. >_>

The second time was the charm, though! After I paralyzed Darkrai with my Rotom, I swapped in my Lucario (mainly to stall - 'cause both his Steel and Fighting types resist Dark attacks), and after some Ultra Ball throws, I prevailed!

Its [the voice] Arceus apparently.
Really? I've read about this long ago, but I guess I forgot the details. I figured it was Cresselia talking. :notfunny: Oh well. :)