PDA

View Full Version : Living Inside My Dreams

shazza
7th August 2009, 09:22 PM
Last night one of my dreams was that Gligar12 (who I don't think I've spoken to forever/in years) was caught smoking a joint outside my old high school near student management, and Lady Vulpix caught him and banned his ass. Then he posted on 420chan complaining about being banned, and I was like "Dude, why would you smoke near Lady Vulpix!?"

No matter how little association I have with this place at the time, often it reemerges from my subconscious , where I dream of my home message board that is TPM.

I've been writing my dreams down since May, and I've written down nearly 300 dreams; I think this is my first dream I've had of this place since then, although I haven't really checked so I can't clarify. But I've had multiple dreams of TPM since joining in 2000.

So The PokeMasters, what are some of your most interesting dreams? Anything TPM related? I might return to this topic later to recall some other dreams I've had.

If Gligar12 comes to this topic, here's a reminder for him: choose your joint smoking locations wisely, man. :eng101:

EDIT: Once again I should trust my intuition more. When posting this topic, I had a gut feeling that there was a previous thread about dreams a few months ago; I was correct. (http://pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18179) But fuck you all, dreams are awesome and you are all retarded for letting such an interesting topic of discussion be bumped down so quickly and let a topic about 'Twitter' survive. A topic about dreams should be constantly on the first page, and if members cannot keep it up then a moderator should use some common sense and sticky the shit.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th August 2009, 09:31 PM
One of my TPM-related dreams was already told in Andrew's older thread (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18179) but other than that, I have also other TPM dreams. Strange new posts by some new members and stuff. I often go to TPM inside my head just when I'm about to fall asleep. Then I awake and think 'What the heck? They wouldn't post things like that?', you see, mostly the posts are strange.

Telume
7th August 2009, 11:02 PM
You know none of this is too surprising considering dreams can relate to things you've done in real life.

shazza
7th August 2009, 11:15 PM
Well, yeah?

Kirby
8th August 2009, 01:44 AM
i once had a dream i was riding on a bird made out of cocoa

shazza
8th August 2009, 01:52 AM
You should have eated it...

..but then you would fall to your death.

Blademaster
8th August 2009, 11:37 AM
When I looked at this thread title, I immediately assumed it was about lucid dreaming. No joke.

I've done that maybe twice in my life. I'd love to learn to control it regularly...

Telume
8th August 2009, 09:09 PM
They say that if we learn to control dreams we can ultimately learn how to control the human mind.

What say you?

Crystal Mew
9th August 2009, 12:48 AM
The last dream I remember having was that I broke up with my bf, over religion of all things...and it was horrible.
Also that night I dreamed I was saran wrapped around a roller coaster inside of my work, and I couldn't break free :(
both were terrifying, awfully realistic dreams

(yeah I don't know, I need another vacation)

ooh, Shazza! Since you write down all your dreams, do you have lucid dreams? They say its easier to have lucid dreams if you write your dreams down.. I've been meaning to start a journal, I just never get around to it

Zak
9th August 2009, 02:15 AM
Sometimes when I have a dream that centers around a certain non-existant song or place or book that has a name that I know I heard a lot in the dream, and then wake up and can't remember what the name of it was, it bugs me.

One time I dreamt I was part of this weird club/organization sort of thing that had a name, and the first thing I did as soon as I woke up, seeing as I had a computer in front of me, was google it's name. Apparently it was called "the snake makes up the cake" (yes, I know).
Then later that day I really DID forget the name of this thing, though I remembered I had immediately googled it, but I was actually worried I might have dreamt googling it (though the word "snake" did ring a bell), so I went and looked at my search history, and sure enough it was there and it all came clear and I remembered it being the name.

That was two years ago, and to this day I cannot make sense of "the snake makes up the cake".

shazza
9th August 2009, 02:28 AM
I've tried my hardest to have a lucid dream, I just can never grasp that conscious awareness. I feel like a failure. :(

Chris 2.1
9th August 2009, 08:32 AM
I havent dreamt about TPM (incidentally, the word dreamt is the only word in the english language that ends in 'mt') but I have a few reccuring themes in my dreams.

One is that of dogs. I see dogs quite a lot. Sometimes big, small, fierce or loyal. I think dogs represent loyalty and trust, so when I'm bitten by a dog, its possible to suggest a lack of trust in someone or a betrayal.

I also dream about cars; I'm sometimes in a car as a passenger, or driving, and its usually quite erratic or dangerous. I guess that's all about control over life.

I find myself fascinated by dreams...

Crystal Mew
9th August 2009, 06:44 PM
I've tried my hardest to have a lucid dream, I just can never grasp that conscious awareness. I feel like a failure. :(

I was talking to my brother about this because he wanted to have lucid dreams, and wanted to fly..so one night I somehow managed to have a lucid dream and make myself fly, but I was also in sleep paralysis.. which I hate. I can't make myself do it often though.

Magmar
10th August 2009, 08:57 AM
I dreamed last night about eating eggplant parmesan.

Turns out I was really stoned last night and ate eggplant parm, and I just didn't remember! So I thought i dreamed it! I didn't sleep well (cuz I binged! Woot for being high!) and as such I thought last night was all a dream. :)

Lady Vulpix
10th August 2009, 09:04 AM
Shazza dreamed of me? That's... disturbing.

Especially considering that nearly the only reason we've ever talked was because of a few misunderstandings.

Zak
10th August 2009, 09:50 AM
Looks like Gabi doesn't understand the internet very well... but that's nothing new. :)

Lady Vulpix
10th August 2009, 11:33 AM
What is there to understand? I think you and I have different ideas of what the internet is. I was talking about shazza's dream anyway, so there's no reason for you to barge in, especially if you have nothing to contribute to the discussion.

Blademaster
10th August 2009, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah. She definitely doesn't understand it. :sweat2:

Houndoom_Lover
10th August 2009, 10:03 PM
"I dreamt I was a baby pig on a farm, oink oink oink!"

-Albus Dumbledor

^w^

shazza
10th August 2009, 11:58 PM
You have influenced TPM and therefore my perspective of TPM, and therefore have influenced in some shape or form, my life. So of course I dream of you, Gabi. And we have talked more than just a few misunderstandings.

I love you Gabi. :love2:

But the discussion isn't about our history or how Lady Vulpix interprets the internet; both topics of discussion are irrelevant as each other and you are both in the wrong. So how about you motherfucker's stop breaking the rules, going off topic and act like Super Mod's and get on the topic at hand: "So The PokeMasters, what are some of your most interesting dreams? Anything TPM related?"

Jesus fucking Christ. :mad:

Blademaster
11th August 2009, 03:52 PM
I've dreamt about a few TPM experiences, but nothing major happened. Except one dream I had where we all met in a huge party of some kind.

It was chaos. Mystic_clown was a DJ, The_Missing_Link was a very unprofessional security guard that kept tazing people she didn't like, DragoKnight was throwing a football around the room and I think he gave someone a concussion with it, Andrew, Magmar, and firepokemon were in the bedroom doing you-don't-wanna-know-what, Heald was in the bathroom throwing up all night surrounded by empty alcohol bottles, Darkly was stealing all the food and stuffing it in his pockets... It was total pandemonium. :sweat:

Drago
11th August 2009, 07:34 PM
Aww hell yeah. I'm actually hoping that you don't know what I look like, Blade. It's much more fun to think that perhaps in dream form I'm actually like a 300-pound bald guy with tattoos or something like that. CUEBALL TONY uses FOOTBALL!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th August 2009, 10:33 PM
I just laughed aloud at Blademaster's dream. There are two other people at Mielikkitalo now, I wonder if they heard.

Last night, I dreamt of mr_pikachu returning.

Oh yeh, now the lady came here in the computer room asking why I laughed.

Blademaster
12th August 2009, 11:42 AM
Aww hell yeah. I'm actually hoping that you don't know what I look like, Blade. It's much more fun to think that perhaps in dream form I'm actually like a 300-pound bald guy with tattoos or something like that. CUEBALL TONY uses FOOTBALL!

Sorry, Drago, but your old avatar is what you look like to me. Remember, that black guy? You mighta been 200, but 300 pounds? Sorry bro, not likely.

Also, Mikachu was there talking about someone. Carl something Stallburg, or something like that...

Nobody was listening to him. :sweat3:

Lady Vulpix
12th August 2009, 01:50 PM
Hey, calm down! I thought the aim of this topic was to post dreams and to discuss other people's dreams. If it isn't, you can just say so.

Yes, I've had 2 TPM-related dreams. In one of them I met Amy (a.k.a. Wolfsong), and in another I had an online conversation with Karin (a.k.a. Guardian Lune). Nothing particularly special.

DarkestLight
12th August 2009, 04:40 PM
Darkly was stealing all the food and stuffing it in his pockets... It was total pandemonium. :sweat:

O.o I do this IRL. xD That's not pandemonium, that's how I get down! XD

Blademaster
12th August 2009, 05:13 PM
...Good ol' Darkly...

Metallixs Girl
12th August 2009, 06:07 PM
Just one day back and last night I had a dream about IRL ASB. Everyone was grouped around with their realistic Pokemon outside at night and there were sign up sheets for different matches...

I get Sleep Paralysis if I get too cold. I got it last week, and I always have a LONG dream about "waking up" and not being able to open my eyes and so forcing myself to "go to sleep" again, except I never actually wake up. Last week I think it happened five times and I thought I was sleeping through the day and people were trying to wake me up at like 3:00PM, but I finally ACTUALLY woke up and it was 9-something. So the whole waking up and falling back asleep was part of the dream. O_o

Crazy Elf Boy
12th August 2009, 08:06 PM
I would post some of my dreams here but I would have to attach a warning saying that anything you may read may cause your head to implode then explode in a shower of brilliant sparks which might catch fire to your immediate surroundings.

shazza
12th August 2009, 08:56 PM
Hey, calm down! I thought the aim of this topic was to post dreams and to discuss other people's dreams. If it isn't, you can just say so.

It's okay, sometimes it's very hard to detect when I'm being sarcastic and joking. I'm pleased that you commented on my dream. :angel:

Kirby
12th August 2009, 10:16 PM
yesterday i dreamed that my new waffle iron arrived and i made the most divine homemade waffles

actually wait, that's happening right now

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th August 2009, 11:05 PM
Also, Mikachu was there talking about someone. Carl something Stallburg, or something like that...

Nobody was listening to him. :sweat3:

Of course nobody was listening to me! It happens always! But I guess it was the first president of Finland, Kaarlo Juho Ståhlberg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaarlo_Juho_St%C3%A5hlberg)! Heck, even I can't spell the name! We live in a pathetic country where the first presidents had Swedish surnames! Nothing's wrong with Sweden, but sure is with Finland. I guess I was saying something like that.

Bad that Asilynne is taking a break, I saw it on RPG away topic. She always listens to me.

Jeff
22nd August 2009, 11:10 PM
Had a dream last night that I bought SoulSilver, like all of my dreams based on future games, I woke up before I could play it. :(

ChobiChibi
23rd August 2009, 03:15 PM
I often lucid dream. I was better at it when I was younger, though. I used to dream about being a pokemon trainer and go on all these adventures. More often than not, I lucid dream about RPGs ^^; It's like sleep is the time where I can think of things to write about.

I've dreampt that Roy Karrde and Tsukasa/WhiteEeveeAngel/Fai. D. Flowright (stop changing your PDN, damnit! XD) met me at an airport with a cardboard sign with my screen name on it, and glomped me. That was a few years ago XD

More recently, I dreampt that I was sat outside a house on my laptop, talking to Crystal Tears on MSN. I said "Guess who's sat outside?! :D" and she appeared at the front door and tackled me XD I took her to the beach, where I kept trying to make out with her... *shifty eyes*

Blademaster
23rd August 2009, 04:06 PM
More details plz.

ChobiChibi
23rd August 2009, 04:16 PM
It was hot. You missed out :3

shazza
24th August 2009, 04:42 AM
I just recalled something: I had a dream last night regarding a specific member of TPM; perhaps this dream is better suited for the Confessions thread?

Magmar
24th August 2009, 09:19 PM
...Andrew, Magmar, and firepokemon were in the bedroom doing you-don't-wanna-know-what...

I want to know what!

One time I dreamed that the TPM crew met in a room that I appeared in after falling down a tunnel in my closet (this was years and years ago). I remember that Asher Ketchum All was ironing and that Raichu and Too Cool Scyther were dating in the dream and I was jealous...... and I was talking to Tainted and he was stoned.

Whatever happened to that guy (Tainted)??

Heald
25th August 2009, 05:58 AM
Whatever happened to that guy (Tainted)??
He got cancer. Not sure what kind, but as far as I'm aware he survived, but imagine having cancer might have made him realise he shouldn't waste precious life on a dead Pokemon forum.

shazza
25th August 2009, 06:43 AM
:o

Where did you hear that?

Heald
25th August 2009, 08:13 AM
It's in between rumour and fact (gossip?) but I have confirmed it, as have other members of the forum, although most of those don't post here any more.

Blademaster
25th August 2009, 11:55 AM
I want to know what!

Well I don't, so shut up. ><;

Magmar
26th August 2009, 08:21 AM
He got cancer. Not sure what kind, but as far as I'm aware he survived, but imagine having cancer might have made him realise he shouldn't waste precious life on a dead Pokemon forum.

That's pretty depressing... maybe he'll meander back in.

Edit: I dropped him a facebook message. And i'm awake way too early hahaha

shazza
28th August 2009, 06:15 AM
I had a dream about Zak last night, I was talking to him about some TPM-related matters that I forgot. I don't know how Zak got into my dream, I guess it's the combination of recently talking to him on Facebook chat and stalking his pictures on Facebook. But I somehow knew it was a dream.

And that's where lucid dreaming comes in. Last night I tried very actively to lucid dream; I followed a method about looking at your hands before you sleep, and then you try and look at your hands in your dream to know you are dreaming. Well, I did it and I was aware I was dreaming! I felt sheer excitement and felt accomplished, like I was in control of my sleep and I could wake up. But I don't remember much else, but I do remember I decided to fly.

FUCKING SWEET NIGGA

Crystal Mew
28th August 2009, 11:06 AM
that's awesome Shazza! you'll probably start having more lucid dreams from now on :)

as for me, I just remember there being a helicopter over my house and I woke up..and there was really one flying around. its weird when I have dreams about music playing or whatever, then I wake up and it was really playing

Zak
1st September 2009, 11:44 PM
I actually just noticed that post now. Hah interesting, which pictures were you stalking?

I think the only TPM-related dream I had involved Sam. I forget what of it, but I think I remember she said something so out-of-character of her at the time (I don't remember, but whatever it was probably wouldn't have been weird now) and it all made sense when I woke up, she never said it.