PDA

View Full Version : Playing HG/SS when its released in Japan?

firepokemon
8th August 2009, 09:23 AM
As most should know. Heart Gold and Soul Silver are being released in Japan on the 12th of September. The site will need information about the games (it needs info for the other games but that's another subject). Anyway is anyone either importing the game or likely to download the game? (Typically a rom version is available just before its release or mere hours after the release).

The site is going to need information from the games and thus I'm just interesting in who is likely to be playing the game when its released? And if you are could you help provide info for the site.

Jeff and Telume (since you two are big contributors to the site) what are your plans?

---

I will download the game and provide info but I suck at Japanese and tend to be slow/thick at working things out.

Edit: I might actually import HG since it comes with the Pokewalker.

Edit2: I want a pokewalker so just pre-ordered it.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th August 2009, 12:20 AM
PM me a link to a copy when you find it, firepokemon. I don't know how this will go along with ROM usage rules, but I'm interested in helping things out. I need an emulator as well. I also have the same problem as you, though. I play videogames very slowly. And I must add I haven't played Pokemon in Japanese too much. I only made it to Cinnabar in the ancient Pokemon Green and stopped there because I only wanted to see if Missingno. is different in the game.

Jeff
21st August 2009, 06:53 PM
I don't plan on getting the Japanese version myself so we could definitely use someone to contribute info on the games. And by that, I mean not just news posts (although that would be helpful too), but anything like a review, Safari Zone page, weekly events page, etc.

Also, as fp pointed out, we could also use info on other games, so if anyone can contribute that kind of info on existing games that would be a huge help. As usual, just PM it to me or post in in the Website Revival forum.

Charles Legend
23rd August 2009, 12:07 AM
Well I am planing to get a rom of it when it comes out, although I can't really read Japanese,that and I still have goy a new Computer yet. -_-;

I plan rip the Sprites and and the Tilesets, I plan to compile a Spriter's Resource of sorts... ;)

~Charles Legend

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd August 2009, 03:59 AM
I won't be getting the Japanese versions simply because I don't speak the language. I'll get the US versions though as they'll still be released a few months before the European ones.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
26th September 2009, 03:37 AM
Guess I wasn't staying true to my own word, I got Heart Gold today and so far it's been fun eventhough I don't understand a single word. At least I can tell from the pictures which item is which and websites help with the Pokémon attacks.

So far the game has been great, only played it for two hours but graphic-wise it's the best Pokémon game on a handheld yet.

firepokemon
26th September 2009, 06:06 AM
Yeah the graphics are great. I've been really slow on it and whenever I'm about to play the game I somehow get distracted.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
13th October 2009, 11:28 AM
Completed the game today. I must say it was a fun ride and I can barely wait for the US or European releases. The best handheld Pokémon game yet IMO.