PDA

View Full Version : TPM Fantasy Football 2009 ~ Season Four

Pages : [1] 2

Drago
12th August 2009, 09:00 AM
Well, somebody had to do it!!

It seems as though our beloved TPM Fantasy football league has been in a tense state of limbo... will it proceed? Will it die? Well of course, it's back!!

Anyhow, this is my first time as a commissioner, so expect some growing pains... And of course, if Brian renews the old league in time, this may be rendered void.

Until then, however... I urge y'all to register for the PMFL in its fourth season!! Whether you're a grizzled veteran to the fine art of fantasy football, or this is your rookie season, all TPMers are more than welcome! Did I mention it's free? And now, the league features LIVE SCORING UPDATES! So you don't have to frantically calculate scores or painstakingly wait for the day to pass...

Just follow the link, and create your franchise! (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/tos?league_id=543374&password=ragingbull) Once you've done that, make sure you let us know your team name in this thread so we can keep track of who's onboard this season...

Keep in mind, the draft date and time is strictly a placeholder... We'll have to put our heads together and decide a suitable time and date for the live draft... Anyhow. Join! Discuss! LIVE IT UP!!

- Tackhead9
League Commissioner, Manager of the Vancouver Cougars

Teams and Managers

Vancouver Cougars ~ DragoKnight
Cas Tigers ~ Ultimate Charizard
Detroit Firebirds ~ kainashi
Revenge of Myst ~ Mr.E
turtle powah ~ ACE135CC (cas he leik turtle)
Nova Steelers ~ Bear

Rules and Settings

Players will be assigned via a live draft (DATE TBC)

Scoring is fractional

Ultimate Charizard
12th August 2009, 09:12 AM
Signed up but yeah if the old one gets up and running thats preferable. We need records. Records dammit! RECORDS!

Drago
12th August 2009, 09:27 AM
Glad to have you back on board, UC! ...Incidentally I figured out how to link leagues. We gots history - Woot.

kainashi
12th August 2009, 10:09 AM
i'm in. :)

Mr.E
14th August 2009, 08:07 AM
Maybe this year we could use a more current scoring format...?

Drafting is good for me pretty much 24/7 until school starts back up. By then, it'll be about football season and I suspect we'll have already drafted.

Drago
14th August 2009, 10:57 PM
Welcome back, guys.

Also, intrigued by alternative scoring. What did you have in mind? Separate defensive players or something?

Mr.E
16th August 2009, 07:23 PM
All I had in mind was the way most current fantasy leagues do it. i.e. 4td/25yds for QBs, 6/10 for backs/receivers. This dated scoring format puts too much emphasis on touchdowns over yards. Check the Scoring & Settings tab on the league webpage and compare the League Values to Yahoo! Default Values to see what I mean.

I like (.5) PPR and points for Return Yards too but that's optional, non-standard stuff.

Clark
16th August 2009, 07:30 PM
turtle powah~ cas i leik turtles :)

Drago
17th August 2009, 12:39 AM
I'll work this on a basis of approval until disputed - I have no qualms with changing the scoring format, and unless anyone else does, I'll go ahead and make these adjustments. I'll give it about a week for anyone to dispute if they want.

Too often in the past, you'd see a player with 100 yards receiving netting you only five points because they couldn't get in the endzone, while someone else had a wideout who caught one ball for a TD and they outscored you. I was notorious for that with Chris Chambers two years ago, I believe.

In my opinion, comparing to average values, I personally would prefer for Ints to remain -2 points rather than shifting them to -1... but that might just be me. Feel free to weigh in on that one, too.

Also, welcome onboard to everyone else! All going well we can scrounge up at least one more person to create at least reasonable numbers.

Ultimate Charizard
17th August 2009, 08:14 AM
QB's score high enough without giving them any more help.

I like the idea of not giving all the points to the glory hounds that score the TD's though. Lets have the guys that get them into scoring position get some credit.

Mr.E
17th August 2009, 04:54 PM
25/4 doesn't increase QB scoring that much. It's not like they suddenly tower over all non-QB players. :P (Only four of the top ten players last year were QBs, though all four were in the top five.) What's more important is that the difference between different QBs aren't exaggerated, which is not the case. Drago could always set it to 30/4 or something if it's that big of a deal. *shrug*

Actually, I'm not sure why standard scoring for quarterbacks moved to 25/4. It does increase their overall scoring potential slightly but not by a whole lot. It's usually one QB playing the whole game and they're bound to get a TD or two in most cases, unlike backs and receivers, so they already tend to be more reliable on a week-to-week basis. I suppose it might be so QBs can "keep up," since RB and WR point-gain inflates when you drop yards/points from 20/6 to 10/6.

Oh dear, I'm rambling again...

In my opinion, comparing to average values, I personally would prefer for Ints to remain -2 points rather than shifting them to -1... but that might just be me. Feel free to weigh in on that one, too.

Kind of agree but don't think it matters either way. Do with it what you will.

Clark
17th August 2009, 10:37 PM
Cut out TEs and give us another kicker or WR. :D

Bear
18th August 2009, 07:58 AM
I registered. Hopefully my schedule will be back to normal by the 7th so I can attend the draft.

Drago
18th August 2009, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the fun, Bear! Just a heads up, the draft date in place is not final, and will likely be brought forward a couple days... I just set it at the latest possible date as a placeholder.

And Ace... you serious about cutting TEs? Because I fully intend to destroy people with Tony Gonzalez this upcoming season!!

Clark
19th August 2009, 12:09 AM
we should runs teams with just 1 position. like an all QB league :O or something :D

kainashi
20th August 2009, 01:09 PM
i might be out of town the 7th so the earlier the draft is, the better. :)

Bear
20th August 2009, 02:42 PM
Gonna have to let me know well in advance so I can make sure I have off work. Either that or do it after 9pm on a weeknight.

Drago
25th August 2009, 09:53 AM
Alright, it looks like we may have gathered all the players we're going to this season... With that being said, if there are no objections, I'd like to bring the draft forward to

FRIDAY THE 4TH OF SEPTEMBER, 8PM, EST. (...At least I think it's Eastern Standard. Whatever they have in New York. Er-hem)

It will be a live draft, with order allocated randomly before the draft. Anyone who does not attend need not fear, as their picks will be auto-drafted for them. If you think you're not likely to attend, you can set up your auto-picks so that the draft will attempt to grab particular players you've had your eye on. It works pretty well! Last year I got Randy Moss and Carson Palmer that way... oh wait.

So yeah. Translates to Saturday morning for me... I chose this date because it's not too much of a difference from what was set initially, and still allows for some breathing room before the season opener.

As usual, any objections, let me know. Of course, I'm more than willing to adjust it if need be, I'll try and cater to everyone's needs as best as I can.

Bear
25th August 2009, 10:24 AM
I tend to work until 8 on Friday nights, any way we could bump it back slightly to like...8:30 or 9? That would work out better for me.

Should you decide to leave the time the same, and I get home like 15 minutes into the draft, can I pick it where the auto-draft left off? Or am I screwed once the draft officially starts?

Drago
25th August 2009, 05:30 PM
Quite happy to move that to 8.30 for you, mate. And yeah, if you come into the draft midway through, you can take over. That's how I made up for last year's Palmer pick with a late-round Kurt Warner steal!

Also, considering adding return yards as a player statistic... I mean, return TDs already net points, so why not yardage? Anyone interested? Suggestions on point allocation for it?

Mr.E
25th August 2009, 06:38 PM
I'll be out of town all day that Saturday (Sept 5th), other than that I'm free any time. Friday night will be just peachy. A six-man league is awfully thin, though. :(

I was the one who originally said something about points for return yards, so yeah I'm all for it. I would suggest 25yds/point, if you're going to do it at all. With the current size of our league, though, all of us may well end up with elite talent at every position and won't have to worry about what return points any lower-tier WR would dredge up. :/

Drago
26th August 2009, 04:36 AM
Yeah, it's a damn shame but I really don't foresee a sudden rush on people joining with so little time left. I've tried everyone by PM and even tried emailing Ghost to revive the Thunder, but alas, nothing. I'll leave it open in case someone surprises us, and if y'all know any TPMers who may be interested, by all means spread the word!

TPM FF featured seven players in it's inaugural season and that went alright. May not be spectacular, but it's better than nothing, eh?

kainashi
26th August 2009, 08:04 AM
less people to own. :)

Bear
26th August 2009, 07:39 PM
Having added scoring for return yards is ok by me, but it seems a little inconsistent since returning is done by so many positions. Of course, that also gives an added dimension to the draft, as people will be more likely to draft receivers and RBs that also do kick returns to boost their stats. I dunno, don't mind either way.

Mr.E
27th August 2009, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure there are even any relevant, starting-calibur skill position players that even do returns. I think Adrian Peterson did some his rookie season and I know MJD used to play returns but not any more. It's more of a perk for bench players or #3 WRs in deeper leagues.

I could probably get a few people off of Smogon to join if you guys want a larger league. If you just want to keep it within "TPM dudars" then that's okay too.

Might want to get around to changing the draft time to Friday (Sept 4th). It's still set for the Monday after.

Drago
28th August 2009, 03:43 AM
I'm fairly neutral on that one. It's a prickly idea; do we want a TPM-exclusive league or do we want a deep league? I'm certainly not opposed to the idea, I mean even if it ruffles some feathers, it only has to be for one year... But yeah, I'd rather not weigh in with an official vote on it.

As for draft time... Umm, need to revise. For some wanky reason the league won't allow drafts between 1pm and 11pm (EST). Stupid? I'll say. Still currently set on the 4th, but either it needs to be earlier by a lot or at 11pm at night... Which works out fine for me, but I realise that that's a bit late for some of us to be drafting fantasy football players.

Drago
1st September 2009, 04:43 AM
Alright guys, need some feedback on the draft time... As I said, because of Yahoo being stupid, it may end up being at 11pm... Not cool, but that might be the only way of working it out.

Also, need feedback on the concept of outsiders joining. Might actually be a bit late now, but still. Would like to hear. Currently leaning towards no myself, incidentally.

Clark
1st September 2009, 09:12 AM
11pm works for me, i cant make it before 1030 anyways :p

kainashi
1st September 2009, 10:36 AM
i don't mind the draft being at 11pm either.

as for outsiders in the league, it wouldn't be tpm fantasy football anymore. :(

Ultimate Charizard
1st September 2009, 04:31 PM
Is that 11pm US?

Meh, i may be aroudn but i doubt it. I do better when i autodraft anyway.

Drago
3rd September 2009, 07:38 AM
Think everything should be set now... Chucked in return yards, concluded that it'll remain TPM exclusive, got the draft time down... Yup. I think everything should be right now.

Last request I have, is if someone can hop onto the 'my team' section and take a look at the draft countdown to conclude for certain that the amount of time left does indeed bring us to September 4th at 11pm North American EST. Working out time zones is such a pain in the ass, and I just want to make sure I haven't got it an hour off. Friggin' time giving me a hard... time.

Bear
3rd September 2009, 08:31 AM
Well the thing sent me an email this morning saying "this is a reminder your draft is September 4th at 9 am EDT". I thought this was odd, so I went to the website. The website itself still says Friday at 8pm PDT, so I have no idea.

As far as 11pm goes, I have to be up early to open the store the following day, so that would be really pushing it (unless we can complete the whole draft in an hour -_-).

Saturday 11pm would work better for me as I don't have work Sunday. Does this work for anyone else?

kainashi
3rd September 2009, 09:18 AM
i'm leaving for a few days saturday so that wouldn't work for me.

Ultimate Charizard
3rd September 2009, 10:28 AM
Well it would mean id have to be up at 5am either way so like i said, Autodraft will do.

Clark
3rd September 2009, 01:32 PM
Time Left Until Draft:
1 Days 08:28:33
Add to calendar
Your draft is currently scheduled for Fri Sep 4 8:00pm PDT
1 day would make it friday...and 8.5hours would be...11pm friday. which isn't thursday.
i won't be around friday night or saturday night so auto draft will have to do.

Bear
3rd September 2009, 09:48 PM
Eh, Friday works. I can do manual the first hour and then let auto take over. Since there's only 6 of us I would hope we'd get through the first few rounds at least in an hour...

Clark
4th September 2009, 10:48 PM
yahoo booted me. jerks.

kainashi
4th September 2009, 10:49 PM
i was talking to myself. :(

Bear
4th September 2009, 10:49 PM
mystery thinks depth will save him

Clark
4th September 2009, 11:06 PM
mr e is lost in his own myst/ery

Ultimate Charizard
4th September 2009, 11:21 PM
I dont think i did too badly out of the Autodraft this year.

Shame its such a thin league. Probably why it looks like everyones got a couple of Superstars since they didnt need to be spread around so much.

Drago
4th September 2009, 11:21 PM
I slept in and missed the draft that I organised. I am like the worst commissioner ever. :(

...Yeah, that's right. I slept in until quarter past two in the afternoon. I really really like my days off, you see. I'll casually disregard the fact that I appeared to have landed a whicked awesome draft in the process, too.

mr_pikachu
9th September 2009, 11:12 AM
So, it appears that I conveniently returned the day after the draft. Well done, Pika. Well done....

Good luck this year, guys! I'll just be looming in the shadows, waiting for the chance to jump you in season five.

kainashi
9th September 2009, 11:59 AM
So, it appears that I conveniently returned the day after the draft. Well done, Pika. Well done....

Good luck this year, guys! I'll just be looming in the shadows, waiting for the chance to jump you in season five.you missed an awesome first round pick. :( greatest first round pick in the history of the league?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9223/lolwatux.jpg

Bear
9th September 2009, 07:24 PM
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS TYVM

Bear
13th September 2009, 03:22 PM
MrE is catching me. I have a feeling his remaining starters are gonna edge me out :(

Thank God Drew Brees was playing the Lions this week...lol

Clark
13th September 2009, 03:37 PM
all my chips are on the bears this week :3

Ultimate Charizard
13th September 2009, 04:18 PM
Think i may have lost this one already. Hard to do anything against a guy with Peterson and Brady.

Oh look, Peterson posts almost 40 points on his own and i bench an RB that outscores both the guys i have selected....New season, same old bad choices lol.

Bear
13th September 2009, 05:16 PM
I need Brandon Jacobs to continue not producing and Frank Gore to grind out some more yards...If that happens I might have enough of a lead to survive Rodgers and Jackson

kainashi
13th September 2009, 05:37 PM
JOHN CARLSON http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/kainashi2/emot-swoon.gif

Bear
13th September 2009, 06:07 PM
Just noticed how well Thomas Jones did today...missed out on 22 pts there XD

Mr.E
14th September 2009, 05:55 PM
If MEGATRON didn't get robbed of a TD he scored... Thank goodness Rodgers almost made his expected thanks to a last-minute TD pass + 2pt. :/ And thank goodness this is the only league my fantasy team performed anywhere near expectation even if my opponent is way over-achieving and possibly going to beat me anyway. :mad:

Clark
14th September 2009, 10:00 PM
I don't know what to say. 3 INT in first half, and 1 last play. Not that any of the other players I have did anything. Maybe I'll break 50 one of these weeks.

Bear
15th September 2009, 09:26 AM
If MEGATRON didn't get robbed of a TD he scored... Thank goodness Rodgers almost made his expected thanks to a last-minute TD pass + 2pt. :/ And thank goodness this is the only league my fantasy team performed anywhere near expectation even if my opponent is way over-achieving and possibly going to beat me anyway. :mad:

Hey, each of my RBs got TDs taken away because of penalties, so I'm right there with ya. I also don't expect to score 130 pts next week, since the bulk of my players are playing stingy defenses. To be honest I think we both overachieved this week. How often does a defense score 29 fantasy points? lol

kainashi
15th September 2009, 12:15 PM
How often does a defense score 29 fantasy points? lolevery time when they go against jake delhomme. :v

Bear
15th September 2009, 01:34 PM
every time when they go against jake delhomme. :v

I literally laughed out loud when I read this. Maybe I'll switch defenses every week to whoever is playing the panthers XD

Bear
22nd September 2009, 02:30 PM
Ok I has a question: Why is Cadillac Williams not listed at all? I thought he was just on someone else's team, but when I looked at the complete list he wasn't there either. wtf?

EDIT: Nevermind, I find him. He's listed as Carnell Williams for some reason -_-

Mr.E
22nd September 2009, 06:35 PM
It might be because Carnell is his real name, sorta like how Adam is "Pacman's" real name. You know?

also, obligatory "argh"

Clark
22nd September 2009, 08:15 PM
anyone else notice "toyota biggest fantasy blowout"? i've been the blownout team the first two weeks. this week vancouvers gonna be on the bottom.

kainashi
23rd September 2009, 12:33 AM
anyone else notice "toyota biggest fantasy blowout"? i've been the blownout team the first two weeks. this week vancouvers gonna be on the bottom.both by 62.xx points too. OUCH. :(

Drago
23rd September 2009, 04:25 AM
this week vancouvers gonna be on the bottom.
I've got a 115-point differential that says otherwise.

Bear
23rd September 2009, 07:03 AM
Damn I was short of the biggest blowout by .76 points. Oh well I guess I have to blow out kain by more than that this week!

kainashi
23rd September 2009, 07:44 AM
Oh well I guess I have to blow out kain by more than that this week!:xd:

Mr.E
27th September 2009, 02:30 AM
Sure would be nice if that Can't Cut List thing wasn't in the way of my dropping shitty-ass Portis for a better free agent. I don't know why we even have that thing turned on considering the size of our league, there's an overflow of "elite" talent on everyone's teams anyway.

kainashi
27th September 2009, 08:39 AM
sure would be nice to get rid of some dead weight!

Bear
27th September 2009, 01:23 PM
I love how my starting RB sprains his ankle...fuckin A

Drago
27th September 2009, 05:36 PM
As per usual, I'm open for anything. Can't cut list is something of a liability this season. I'm not sure if I can turn it off midway, but if I can I will. Any opposition to this has until next week to voice otherwise.

Bear
27th September 2009, 06:11 PM
lol @ my entire lineup deciding to underperform simultaneously.

Clark
27th September 2009, 08:06 PM
my defense sucks. blah.

Mr.E
27th September 2009, 10:09 PM
Portis

lolskins what a failure of a franchise losing to the lions

kainashi
27th September 2009, 10:39 PM
lolskins what a failure of a franchise losing to the lionsthe state of michigan thanks them. :patriot:

Clark
27th September 2009, 10:45 PM
being able to drop these cannot drop would definitely be cool.

kainashi
28th September 2009, 09:21 AM
good to get a win this week. :) i'll more than likely lose next week with my top wide receivers being out. :(

Bear
28th September 2009, 11:25 AM
I hope Gore's injury isn't serious. I have decent RB depth but losing him for an extended period of time would hurt alot. I'm sure my lineup won't have a complete meltdown two weeks in a row lol.

Clark
28th September 2009, 10:39 PM
*tv reporter* Bear, how does it feel to go from most points for a win this season, to the worst performance? ***

Mr.E
28th September 2009, 11:28 PM
Looks like Gore is gonna be out until after the Niners' bye at the least.

Hey, check it out. My team showed up this week. Time to get things back on track... maybe next week I'll get back on track in my other leagues. -_-

Bear
29th September 2009, 08:18 AM
*tv reporter* Bear, how does it feel to go from most points for a win this season, to the worst performance? ***

Feels like my #1 RB left the game after his first carry and my gunslinging QB decided he was gonna pull a Brett Favre and hand the ball off all day XD. Oh well, everyone has off weeks. My players all just had theirs in the same week! Guess that means they'll all be back in it next week right? Right??

kainashi
29th September 2009, 09:30 AM
i know it's early and yahoo is usually off but they have me scoring a whopping 78 points this week. :cool:

Bear
29th September 2009, 10:44 AM
I think everyone is projected low this week. It changes as the week goes on though, so we'll see. I tend to score high when I'm projected low anyway, it's the high projections that jinx me.

Drago
30th September 2009, 05:22 AM
A bit early, but I don't foresee any opposition to the decision; hence, the can't cut list has been... well, cut.

I can understand its use; early in 2006 when my team was inconsistent at best, the Michigan Dragons inexplicably cut Drew Brees loose. Afterwards, with Brees and LT at the helm, the two players basically carried me to the championship game. The Dragons went most of the year without a starting QB... sounds like team abandonment to me.

I'm fairly confident that this year we've got a more dedicated group of players who won't just blow up their roster. Besides, with only six players we've all got a whole slew of superstar players already on the roster.

kainashi
30th September 2009, 09:05 AM
i think yahoo hates me this week. everyone's projected at 90+ points while i'm projected at 77. :( i know my team takes a hit this week but come on! :mad:

Mr.E
30th September 2009, 03:50 PM
Looks like some fuckhead picked up the WR I was forced to drop solely because I couldn't drop shitty-ass Portis at the time. Grats on your future last place finish, you degenerate asswipe.

kainashi
30th September 2009, 04:04 PM
Looks like some fuckhead picked up the WR I was forced to drop solely because I couldn't drop shitty-ass Portis at the time. Grats on your future last place finish, you degenerate asswipe.he's why i had to re-get walter so good thing it's him that was cursed and not me. :v

Mr.E
30th September 2009, 05:08 PM
I hope he's enjoying his first round pick being tied for the second-worst fantasy production in their position.

kainashi
30th September 2009, 05:43 PM
i'll trade you dwayne bowe if that'd make you feel better. :)

Bear
30th September 2009, 07:05 PM
Man you cry alot over a free online fantasy game. I've lost players in the same way you did, and you didn't see me bitching about it and name-calling. If you're really that upset about it I'll trade him back to you, but next time post it here instead of assuming we all know what you're doing. I'm not about to get into a stupid fight over this.

Clark
30th September 2009, 08:28 PM
i know the RB scene is really fked up for everyone currently. I'm willing to trade away RBs for top-end def. Don't all swarm me at once.

Mr.E
30th September 2009, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty happy with my RBs, ELITE DEPTHZ and all.

I voiced my concern about the Can't Cut List here and my little shoutbox thinger on Yahoo! also stated exactly why I dropped Driver. The only reason I dropped him was because I was arbitrarily unallowed to drop Portis. McGahee is doing well enough that I couldn't afford to wait until the CC List was dissolved to grab him. All five of my RBs are on the List and I'm only carrying one of every other position, so it was either drop Driver/TO or watch someone else get McGahee. It was my only means of working around the poor Can't Cut List implementation and it was just lame for you to have taken advantage of me like that.

I can't blame you for playing to win, Bear, but I can bitch at you for pulling such a dick move. I'm not really "that" angry but it was very annoying and I'm making sure everyone knows what happened. Well, I'm also playing to win and I'll be taking my player back since you offered him to me. :P Driver and Burleson are basically equivalent right now anyway so it's kind of a pointless trade. It would just be rude of me to refuse after making such a ruckus. Probably could've had both if nobody picked Burleson up this week...

Bear, I'd also trade you some ELITE DEPTHZ for Bush but you don't have a WR I want. This short list includes: Andre Johnson and Randy Moss. No Fitz because the Madden Curse is gonna catch up to him this season eventually. :/

Bear
30th September 2009, 11:43 PM
I wasn't playing to win, I honestly didn't see your league blast. Remember this is my first year -ever- playing FF, so I don't know all the etiquette yet. I offered to trade back as I had originally picked up Burleson, but when I saw Driver appear on waivers I went after him, not realizing you intended to pick him back up again. That's why I offered the trade back, I felt it was the sportsmanlike thing to do. Happy now?

Clark
1st October 2009, 12:43 AM
I actually didn't notice him pick up Driver, not that he was in my interest list regardless.
CC List sucks. I'm starting mine this week because I can't cut them. lol

Bear
1st October 2009, 08:09 AM
lol @ jackson for Pittsburgh DEF. Why do you want my defense when you have TEH BORNCOS!?

kainashi
1st October 2009, 08:57 AM
bear picked up who i would've picked up if i had someone i wanted to drop. argh!!!!

Clark
1st October 2009, 09:27 AM
bear is good at doing this apparently. lets see how he does against mr 0-3.

Mr.E
1st October 2009, 11:59 AM
Dallas offense is going to poop on the Broncos. Yeah yeah, high-scoring fantasy defense... playing the Bungles, Browns, and Raiders. :/ Even funnier is my Dallas D is projected for negative points in my ESPN league. It's not like the Broncos offense blew up those sad teams they've played thus far and Dallas finally showed it can generate some fantasy points against the Panthers last week. What the heck are they thinking?

CC List sucks. I'm starting mine this week because I can't cut them. lol

That's why I voiced my concern and it's now removed!... unless you're talking about a different league. I understand the point of the List but there's really not much point for it in a league our size. Oh no, someone dropped an elite prospect! ...There's still plenty of high-end options out there on the waivers anyway because there simply isn't enough space on the rosters of six people to have them all.

kainashi
1st October 2009, 12:05 PM
someone trade me a semi-decent wr for dwayne bowe please. :(

Clark
1st October 2009, 12:40 PM
want boldin? X)

kainashi
1st October 2009, 01:10 PM
want boldin? X):rolleyes:

Bear
1st October 2009, 07:36 PM
You could pick up Pierre Garcon, I dropped him and don't intend to get him back. Also keep your eye on Anthony Gonzalez for when he gets back from injury. Now might be the time to nab him!

Clark
1st October 2009, 08:29 PM
i leik to touch me drop everyone for injured gogogo lets see who wins X)

kainashi
1st October 2009, 10:10 PM
You could pick up Pierre Garcon, I dropped him and don't intend to get him back. Also keep your eye on Anthony Gonzalez for when he gets back from injury. Now might be the time to nab him!no one i want to drop really just for a one week wr.

Clark
2nd October 2009, 09:56 AM
just drop bowe? lol

kainashi
2nd October 2009, 12:03 PM
bear will pick him up. :(

Bear
2nd October 2009, 08:38 PM
I don't want any Chefs players =P

Clark
2nd October 2009, 10:06 PM
haha. no one wants that shit...chiefs are terrible.

Bear
3rd October 2009, 08:02 AM
Most talented players on shitty teams end up sucking

except for Calvin Johnson lol. Imagine what he'd do with a GOOD team!

Ultimate Charizard
3rd October 2009, 10:47 AM
In the interests of fair play id like to ask the league on wether this is a decent or fair trade.

I apologise if it seems odd that im asking but i have only recently started following Football, I know nothing about the players, how they respond to injuries etc, i only learn about players i see in my fantasy teams each year, or who play the Superbowl ;). If it turns out your trying to do me a favour then thanks, im just a naturally suspicious person ;).

Fred Jackson + Anquan Boldon for Westbrook + Welker?

Numbers wise it seems a good deal for me (i have the 2 'W's) but i dunno since it says both my guys are coming back off injury so might pick up soon....

Bear
3rd October 2009, 03:44 PM
Some things you need to consider about your players:

Westbrook might be "coming off" an injury, but he spends entirely too much time in that position. He always seems to be coming off some kind of injury, which makes him inconsistent. Once a player gets to that point where they continue to have these nagging injuries, the end of their career is not far away. That makes him inconsistent and not a trustworthy starter.

Welker, unlike Westbrook, is younger and hasn't spent alot of time injured. This is his first injury (I believe) so there's no reason he won't come back strong. He and Moss are Brady's two favorite targets, and for a guy that throws as much as Brady that means lots of receptions and yardage.

Fred Jackson has proven to be a strong runner for the Bills this season, but with Lynch back in the picture and a team that isn't exactly an impressive offensive force in general, I would see his fantasy value decreasing in the near future. I'd still want him over Westbrook though.

Boldin is a tough case to decipher. He proved last year that he was an elite receiver, but I think his problem this year is Warner. With Fitz getting all the attention for his acrobatic catches and being on the cover of Madden (which he does deserve), Boldin has just been underappreciated. Couple that with an aging QB that is showing signs of decreased productivity and you get an extremely talented receiver that simply doesn't live up to his potential.

In your situation you basically have to evaluate what you need more, WRs or RBs. The trade you listed (in my opinion) nets you a more productive RB but less productive WR. If I were in your shoes, I would just keep Welker and Westbrook.

Mr.E
3rd October 2009, 04:49 PM
To be fair, Westbrook's been a top ten fantasy RB the past two years even despite his injury-prone status and he almost always make you feel stupid for benching him when he's "questionable" but plays. It's just a matter of when he's going to break down for good but his elite production when healthy is still good enough to make him a top-level play for now.

Westbrook/Welker poop on Jackson/Boldin. Boldin isn't exactly known for his week-to-week reliability any more than Westbrook is, either.

Drago
3rd October 2009, 09:38 PM
Westbrook is one of the few players in the league who can command offensive production in both the passing and running game. He's definitely one you want to hold onto. In a league where yards are emphasised, Welker is definitely a weapon. He takes short yardage passes upfield all the time.

Fred Jackson isn't even the starting RB in Buffalo with Lynch in the picture, and Cardinals have been terrible to start the season. Boldin (and Fitzgerald to a lesser degree) aren't safe options.

Bear
4th October 2009, 12:25 PM
no one i want to drop really just for a one week wr.

Oct 4 6:37am Pierre Garcon (Ind - WR) Player notes Add Waivers Detroit Firebirds kainashi007
Oct 4 6:37am Dwayne BoweQ (KC - WR) New player notes Drop Detroit Firebirds Waivers kainashi007

lol

kainashi
4th October 2009, 01:10 PM
and?

seems to be paying off so far. :o

Bear
4th October 2009, 01:46 PM
I know. This is the second fucking week in a row one of my starters managed to injure himself early in the game. I'd almost prefer them to be out in the first place so I have a chance to replace them :(.

Clark
4th October 2009, 01:55 PM
okay, santana is officially cut after this week.

Clark
4th October 2009, 02:10 PM
woot! santana td!!!!!!
everytime i make a message about him he gets a td WOOT

kainashi
4th October 2009, 02:20 PM
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3816/trademmerlh.png

sure is lopsided trade around here.

Bear
4th October 2009, 02:37 PM
You proposed the trade lol

kainashi
4th October 2009, 02:45 PM
what?

Clark
4th October 2009, 02:52 PM
i wouldn't trade for either of that crap lol

Bear
4th October 2009, 03:12 PM
Wow who vetoed? kain was the one that proposed the trade to me in the first place. After all that bitching you guys did over me picking up Driver and I gave him back to MrE, then you pull bullshit like this. Fuck being sportsmanlike anymore

kainashi
4th October 2009, 03:16 PM
Wow who vetoed? kain was the one that proposed the trade to me in the first place. After all that bitching you guys did over me picking up Driver and I gave him back to MrE, then you pull bullshit like this. Fuck being sportsmanlike anymorei'm the DETROIT FIREBIRDS. not the vancouver scrubs.

Clark
4th October 2009, 03:39 PM
i only know the detroit lugias and mr e. everyone else is scrub mania.

Bear
4th October 2009, 04:01 PM
lol I'm retarded. Still he's the one that offered me the trade, just because Smith had a good week doesn't mean it's lopsided overall. Why is the rest of the league even allowed to veto trades? It's none of their business...

Clark
4th October 2009, 04:10 PM
its all about checks and balances. you cannot take over the league with your shitty players.

Bear
4th October 2009, 04:32 PM
How am I trying to take over the league? All I did was accept the trade proposed to me, and y'all are gonna veto it out of some sort of revenge? Nice to have the league gang up on you =P

Drago
4th October 2009, 05:10 PM
Looks lopsided, but I'm trying to construct a better team here. I have no viable third receiver, and Seattle is a poor team who have to play from behind. Burleson is the only receiving weapon playing opposite a double-covered Houshmandzadeh.

Kevin Smith is my third-string running back behind AP and CJ. He would only see playing time on their bye weeks. I'm sorry that I'm playing for the future. In case y'all forgot, I've been in the championship game two out of three years. I kinda know what I'm doing here.

It's cool though. Just don't think I'll be bailing any of you guys out when your season turns to crap.

Bear
4th October 2009, 05:56 PM
Hey, I accepted the trade. It's these assholes that vetoed it =P. I wanted it too

Mr.E
4th October 2009, 07:52 PM
While I think trading Kevin Smith for Burleson is a poor idea, it's not like trading someone a fringe RB2 is endangering the integrity of the league. Nobody's "taking over the league" with a mediocre player like Kevin Smith (or Nate Burleson). I certainly didn't veto it, didn't even see the trade up pending before it showed up as a veto in the transaction list.

Drago
4th October 2009, 08:07 PM
I could open opinion to whether or not we should retain the trade veto function, but I have faith in you guys. I believe that if y'all went against it, it was for genuine reasons, as opposed to any hidden vendettas.

Mr.E
4th October 2009, 08:19 PM
You could always just put the trade back up for offer, unless the veto prevents identical transactions from being processed in the future as well.

Bear
4th October 2009, 10:27 PM
You know ACE, I would have thought you would have learned from what happened this week that picking up people's players who were only dropped because of CC list is frowned upon. You're going to take my QB after all the shit that happened with Driver?

Fuck you.

kainashi
4th October 2009, 10:29 PM
hey guys no one pick up dwayne bowe because he's mine even though he's on waivers

sure is drama bomb around here.

Clark
4th October 2009, 10:42 PM
There are plenty of great players on the waivers list guys, stop crying.

Mr.E
4th October 2009, 10:49 PM
While I empathize with Bear, the Can't Cut List has been down since last Wednesday. If that's the only reason you dropped Ben, Bear, you should've picked him back up days ago.

Don't worry LOOGEEAH, nobody wants Dwayne Bowe anyway. :rolleyes:

Bear
4th October 2009, 11:16 PM
I needed to pick up a TE to fill in for Gonzalez on his bye week, but I couldn't drop the players I WANTED to because of the CC list. So I dropped Roethlisberger, intending to pick him up as soon as Shockey was finished playing and I could drop him. I couldn't pick Ben back up earlier because there was nobody else I could conceivably drop for him.

Honestly, I wouldn't be so mad about this if it was just an isolated incident. What pisses me off is the fact that we had an issue with this earlier in the week, and I did the sportsmanlike thing and gave MrE his receiver back. How am I rewarded? By having my legitimate trade VETOED by people who had no fucking business or reason to veto it, and then having the exact same thing done to me by someone who gave me shit for doing it earlier in the week. But how much are you willing to bet ACE won't do the right thing like I did and give me back my QB?

Thanks for making my first year playing TPM fantasy football enjoyable. Have fun with a 5 man league next year =P

Clark
4th October 2009, 11:23 PM
Fuck you.

Since I don't follow anyone else's drop/adds religiously, I would have been more than willing, but your "good sportsmanship" doesn't seem to hold up.

Mr.E
5th October 2009, 06:51 PM
I needed to pick up a TE to fill in for Gonzalez on his bye week, but I couldn't drop the players I WANTED to because of the CC list. So I dropped Roethlisberger, intending to pick him up as soon as Shockey was finished playing and I could drop him. I couldn't pick Ben back up earlier because there was nobody else I could conceivably drop for him.

Thanks for making my first year playing TPM fantasy football enjoyable. Have fun with a 5 man league next year =P

Who were you going to drop? Once the CC list was cut (pun intended), you should have dropped the player you originally wanted to drop and picked Ben back up, not wait until the end of the week until you could dump off your bye-week replacement. You took "my" Driver off the waiver less than an hour after the abolishment of the List, why didn't you pick Ben back up then? What about Ben instead of Sims-Walker when you dropped Garcon? I respect your courtesy to return "my" guy to me and I empathize with the whole CC list dealio (after all, I was the one who originally asked for it to be removed) but I think you've gotta take some of the blame for losing Ben here. You had ample time to fix the wrongs of the CC list but thought you could get away waiting out the weekend instead.

Whoever vetoed that other trade is a real douche, though. :/ And like the CC list, somewhat unnecessary in a league this size. One vote to get the veto through, plus the fact there's elite talent all over the waiver still anyway? (Or would be if I didn't horde all the RBs, heh.) It's just a series of unfortunate events that you happened to be involved in all the controversy at once. Now go pick up Flacco and you won't even miss roflsberger.

As I've said in the past, I'm not participating next year if we don't have eight again, which I didn't think was too likely to begin with. A league this small is kind of a wash because everyone has all elite talent and it's more down to luck each week than fantasy football already is. :P It takes away most of the managerial aspect of the game when you've got all the players you could ever want still available.

Bear
5th October 2009, 11:21 PM
Eh, you're probably right. I did a poor job managing my team and picking up players I should have picked up sooner. I've decided to let Ben go and pick up Eli instead, since it's only for one week while Brees is on his bye anyway. As for the trade, I've also moved on to other things, since my RBs are generally holding their own (except for my #1 RB injuring himself :().

On the whole I'm glad I grabbed Sims-Walker when I did, he seems like he's gonna be a steal!

kainashi
6th October 2009, 11:50 AM
4-0 :hellyeah:

Mr.E
6th October 2009, 07:33 PM
High total by 50 points, ez.

kainashi
6th October 2009, 08:43 PM
and still 2 games back.

Bear
6th October 2009, 10:39 PM
I need my stupid star QB to start throwing massive amounts of TDs again and stop handing the ball off =P

Drago
7th October 2009, 02:53 AM
Watching Chargers/Steelers was painful. Rivers held scoreless for three quarters, then a sudden offensive explosion in the fourth? Ugh. Obviously wasn't to be for me this week.

Bear
11th October 2009, 02:31 PM
And the latest development, I don't find out my receiver is INACTIVE for today's game until after the fuckin thing has already started. Thanks for telling me Jags...

kainashi
12th October 2009, 10:18 AM
hello 5-0 start :cool2:

last person to start 5-0 lost their next 5 so i'm kind of scared. :( THE MR. E CURSE.

Clark
12th October 2009, 10:21 AM
dont worry you are playing me next week. i lost this week. ronnie brown is projected to get over 2 points unless i go run him over...>=)

Bear
12th October 2009, 02:15 PM
hello 5-0 start :cool2:

last person to start 5-0 lost their next 5 so i'm kind of scared. :( THE MR. E CURSE.

Speaking of MrE curses, look what has happened to me since he said "congrats on your future last place finish"

0-3, 136 total points

lol

mr_pikachu
12th October 2009, 03:59 PM
Blargh to my league. I hate it when opponents destroy the all-time league record when they happen to be playing my team (200+ points? Even with an extra QB in the lineup, are you freaking kidding me?), only to plummet to the depths of the scoreboard the following week.

Incidentally, the curse you should really fear is the curse of the Pikachus. They will haunt you for all eternity with their infinite superiority, even when you don't have to face them head-to-head.

Clark
12th October 2009, 09:57 PM
brian, go back in the corner and hide. coincidentally last season i went 1-4 and went on a 5 week winning spree taking down the top 4 spots in a row. History repeat itself? :D

Mr.E
12th October 2009, 11:45 PM
In other news, I'm still high-scorer in our league (yet going to 2-3 olol) and I managed to eke out the win in another league where I faced Miles Austin and Michael Turner down by ten with RICKY WILLIAMS tonight.

Bear
13th October 2009, 09:43 AM
In other news, I'm still high-scorer in our league (yet going to 2-3 olol) and I managed to eke out the win in another league where I faced Miles Austin and Michael Turner down by ten with RICKY WILLIAMS tonight.

Holy shit, and I thought I had it bad going against Roddy White and Michael Turner! Yeah I fared really well because I had Roethlistberger-Ward-Miller putting up pts, plus Minnesota's defense, but I was also handicapped by Mike Sims-Walker and Jerome Harrison so I didn't score to my potential. I only lost by 10, so had I started Manningham over Sims-Walker (and Ricky Williams over Jerome) I would have cleaned his clock. Oh well, 2-3 in both leagues isn't TERRIBLE, I can bounce back.

kainashi
13th October 2009, 05:53 PM
everyone voting against me this week. :(

Bear
13th October 2009, 10:57 PM
Because you have to lose SOMETIME. I think I voted for you ={P

kainashi
18th October 2009, 02:19 PM
looks like it's going to be a depressing week. :(

Bear
18th October 2009, 06:03 PM
Me and MrE should come down to the wire again. If Akers doesn't put up any more points in the last 2 minutes Vincent Jackson will need around 10 points to put MrE on top. I gotta wait til monday night to see it too! Fuckin nail biter, why do MrE and I always have huge weeks when we play each other?

kainashi
18th October 2009, 06:05 PM
congrats to ace. :)

Mr.E
18th October 2009, 06:28 PM
Fookin Thomas Jones. >:|

I'd like to congratulate the Tennessee Titans on accomplishing the impossible: finishing the game with negative passing/receiving yards.

Bear
18th October 2009, 07:25 PM
Lol MrE if you look at the points DeAngelo Williams actually outscored Jones :). It's also not over yet. All you need from Jackson is 60 yards and a TD to beat me, which is very possible. I just hope Denver's defense lives up to the hype and shuts SD down. I really need this win to get back on track.

Drago
18th October 2009, 08:20 PM
My week hangs on the results of the Bears/Falcons game... Chicago's looking good for me so far, let's thrash 'em Bears!!

EDIT: The moment I say something, touchdown Roddy White. Seriously man, what's up with that? Stop throwing picks Cutler you idiot!!

Clark
18th October 2009, 09:38 PM
congrats to ace. :)

see ya week 11! :wave:

Bear
18th October 2009, 10:24 PM
How come some people are allowed to drop their players that played today (*points at Santana Moss*) and some aren't (*points at kellen winslow*)? How does that work?

Mr.E
19th October 2009, 12:28 AM
That's a good question. If I knew the answer, I'd still have Driver.

Clark
19th October 2009, 10:55 AM
Moss was on the bench. You can drop your players anytime. You would just lose their points if you started them.

Ultimate Charizard
19th October 2009, 11:19 AM
Dammit, i need to learn to look at the talk and advice going into games.

NYG vs NO, the two best defences going and i got them both. Trust me to pick the one that ends up on negative points this week. And ive left 20 points of TE on the bench. Now i gotta rely on San Diego's TE to outscore a WR.

Bear
19th October 2009, 11:32 AM
Moss was on the bench. You can drop your players anytime. You would just lose their points if you started them.

I guess it only lets you drop benched players. You can't drop any players you started because it gives you an error message saying "This player has already played today and is uneditable". Oh well, I guess it's just part of the game. Gotta wait til the next day and hope nobody beats you to your free agent!

kainashi
19th October 2009, 01:18 PM
if rivers gets 10+ more points than mcnabb, i'll be depressed all week. :(

Bear
19th October 2009, 02:42 PM
if rivers gets 10+ more points than mcnabb, i'll be depressed all week. :(

At least you're only gonna be 5-1. The best I can do out of this week is 3-3 =/

kainashi
19th October 2009, 03:36 PM
i just hope i don't start a losing skid. i lose jones-drew to a bye week next week. hope my rbs really step it up. :mad:

Bear
19th October 2009, 10:44 PM
Ugh watching the end of that Monday Night game with MrE just 2 points behind me was the most painful 2 minutes of my life.

Mr.E
19th October 2009, 10:45 PM
asdf

kainashi
19th October 2009, 10:59 PM
still a 2 game lead. :patriot:

Bear
19th October 2009, 11:13 PM
MrE remains the top scorer overall...at 2-4. Poor Mystery :(

kainashi
19th October 2009, 11:34 PM
MrE remains the top scorer overall...at 2-4. Poor Mystery :(poor guy just can't catch a break. :(

Bear
20th October 2009, 08:42 AM
And I remain the most inconsistent player in the league. Weeks 1, 2, and 6 I was the top scorer, and Weeks 3, 4, and 5 I was the lowest scorer. Hopefully that trend will disappear -_-

Bear
22nd October 2009, 07:51 PM
AMAGA UC I proposed a trade to you like 3 days ago wanna take a look at it before it's too late to change the rosters? lol

Ultimate Charizard
23rd October 2009, 10:13 AM
I declined it.....

Is that the one where you were trying to grab Moss? Sorry but he isnt going anywhere now Brady has started to pull his head out of his ass.

kainashi
23rd October 2009, 01:56 PM
bear tried stealing fitzgerald from me too. :(

Bear
24th October 2009, 08:10 AM
I wasn't trying to steal anyone, I was offering quality RBs to teams that needed them in exchange for a quality WR. Jesus you guys really think I'm evil don't you? I would never propose any trades I knew were one-sided =P

kainashi
24th October 2009, 09:00 AM
it was a joke, bub. :)

Bear
24th October 2009, 11:25 AM
Forgive me for not being quick on taking the joke after what happened earlier this season =P

Anyway, This week should be another set of close matchups. I hope Gore doesn't bust in his first game back!

kainashi
24th October 2009, 03:50 PM
yahoo has me getting blown out. :(

Mr.E
24th October 2009, 04:06 PM
I would never propose any trades I knew were one-sided =P

I'm pretty sure you tried to offer me RICKY WILLIAMS for Reggie Wayne before turning around and offering me a more reasonable Frank Gore when I called you on such a horrible offer.

But I have the ELITE DEPTHZ, I don't need no more stinkin' RBs.

kainashi
24th October 2009, 09:10 PM
he tried to trade me ricky williams too. he must really hate that guy!

Bear
24th October 2009, 11:35 PM
I tried to trade Ricky Williams when he was ranked 15th overall. After he dropped to 30 I switched to Gore because I thought it was fairer. Bye weeks kill the rankings =p. At the time, based on how he was performing, I don't think it was such a shabby trade. But the great thing about a trade is you can always reject it or counter-offer and I won't be particularly offended. I'm just trying to help my roster because I have plenty of RB depth and not as much WR depth.

Mr.E
25th October 2009, 01:52 PM
Ricky's still the #2 RB on his team. I'm not stupid enough to trade a top five WR for a borderline RB2 start, noting that we only have twelve starting RB slots in our league (six participants, two slots each) and I'm the one hoarding the majority of that lower range of start-worthy RBs. :P

Gore's got upside, like the beasting he laid down the game before his injury and the fact he's at least expected to be a top performer because he's one of the few starting RBs not in a committee situation these days. I actually considered accepting that second offer but with LT returning to full form I figured I'd be okay dealing with all that DEPTH INJURY.

kainashi
25th October 2009, 03:20 PM
sup my name is vernon davis :cool2:

Mr.E
25th October 2009, 03:59 PM
sup my name is RICKY WILLIAMS and I'm flying right back up that season ranking list

Ultimate Charizard
25th October 2009, 04:29 PM
Awww why do i always leave points on the bench.

I suppose id have been madd to start Ochocinco over Moss but i should have switched my TE's.

Bear
25th October 2009, 05:16 PM
Anyone wishing they'd taken Ricky now?

Seriously though I'm interested in trading one of my top RBs for a starting WR, so if you have any ideas that are different than mine by all means offer it.

In other news I had Vernon Davis benched on my other league's team...lol

kainashi
25th October 2009, 05:26 PM
In other news I had Vernon Davis benched on my other league's team...loli wasn't expecting anywhere near 27 points from him so that's understandable. :)

Bear
25th October 2009, 06:08 PM
lol @ my bench

Drago
25th October 2009, 09:17 PM
103 with two left to play? Fuck you, Mr.E. Stop making my season so difficult. :cry:

Ultimate Charizard
25th October 2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah. High scoring TE, WR and Def all left on the bench. So much for continuing the streak.

Bear
25th October 2009, 10:03 PM
Yeah. High scoring TE, WR and Def all left on the bench. So much for continuing the streak.

Look at my bench. Let's just say I know exactly how you feel :D

Despite that, my starters (for the most part, fu gore) met or exceeded their projections, so overall a solid week. Due to some odd circumstances, I just might end up in 2nd place after this week. Of course, this is exactly how the season began...before I dropped 3 in a row lol

kainashi
27th October 2009, 03:03 PM
oh hello there new high score :cool2:

Bear
27th October 2009, 07:26 PM
oh hello there new high score :cool2:

by a whole two tenths of a point lol

kainashi
28th October 2009, 09:18 AM
i was hoping to break 150 but jackson slowed down. :(

Bear
28th October 2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah and I would have put up 143 if I had played the RIGHT RBs lol

Bear
1st November 2009, 05:26 PM
Well...looks like all my lineup changes this week proved correct...but I can't help it when my opponent's RBs overachieve like a motherfucker...

Looks like all my hope ride on Monday night

kainashi
2nd November 2009, 09:21 AM
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO MONDAY NIGHT

Bear
2nd November 2009, 03:09 PM
I can't even watch the game at home, I have to go to the bar because STUPID DISNEY TOOK STUPID MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL OFF STUPID NETWORK AND PUT IT ON STUPID ESPN WHICH I DON'T STUPID GET BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE STUPID CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bear
2nd November 2009, 10:59 PM
lol, 2.44 points. That's like the chick pulling off right before you finish. Oh well I guess it's karma for me doing it to MrE

EDIT: JK 1.04 POINTS LOL

kainashi
2nd November 2009, 11:17 PM
BEAR SUICIDE WATCH

Bear
2nd November 2009, 11:23 PM
I bet you were biting your nails just as much as I was watching that =P. All I needed was Brees to either not lose that fumble or not throw that pick...aaaaargh.

kainashi
2nd November 2009, 11:25 PM
i aged a good 20-30 years watching the end of that game. :(

Clark
3rd November 2009, 09:18 AM
OMFG CAN I QUIT CAN I QUIT?!?!/1/321/423423532451324 lols
(guess who im tryin to be?) X)

kainashi
3rd November 2009, 09:35 AM
OMFG CAN I QUIT CAN I QUIT?!?!/1/321/423423532451324 lols
(guess who im tryin to be?) X)bear?

this week was probably my most stressful week of fantasy football. that was too close. :(

Bear
3rd November 2009, 09:49 AM
lol, watching your star RB get injured and your entire team implode three weeks in a row kind of makes you want to quit. At least you're scoring points ace =P. I lost but I am happy because my players are (mostly) becoming more consistent.

Although I am a tad disturbed at the pattern that is emerging in my matchups. I won my first two games (vs MrE and ace), then lost my next 3 (vs kain, gav, and drago). Now in the second set of matchups, I beat MrE and ace again, and then lost to kain again. I hope this doesn't mean I'm gonna drop the next 2 weeks as well :(.

Mr.E
3rd November 2009, 02:43 PM
In other news, I widen the gap between season high and second-best.

I bet you were biting your nails just as much as I was watching that =P. All I needed was Brees to either not lose that fumble or not throw that pick...aaaaargh.

All I needed was Shockey not to get that last reception of his and I would've finally went 4-0 in all my leagues. :(

kainashi
3rd November 2009, 02:46 PM
In other news, I widen the gap between season high and second-best.shame you're 3 games out of first.

Mr.E
3rd November 2009, 05:52 PM
Doesn't matter since I'll be making the playoffs anyway with my massive inability to lose the tiebreaker.

kainashi
3rd November 2009, 06:09 PM
IF YOU AIN'T FIRST YOU'RE LAST

Clark
3rd November 2009, 08:25 PM
if i make the playoffs ill giggle.

Bear
3rd November 2009, 11:03 PM
Don't we all make the playoffs since there's only 6 teams?

Mr.E
4th November 2009, 12:21 PM
Playoffs are only top four team, noobert.

Bear
4th November 2009, 09:06 PM
I didn't know, this is my first season ever playing fantasy football at all =P

Bear
8th November 2009, 07:34 PM
So like, is there a way to see a stat for "most points left on the bench" for the whole season? Feels like I've put up more in that category than my starters the past few weeks...

Drago
8th November 2009, 07:59 PM
If Brian was commissioner of the league, he would have no doubt assembled such kickass stats like that, plus the current standings in the 'pick a winner' category, as well as points scored and points allowed by each team.

...Unfortunately, Brian isn't commissioner this year. In his place is a lazy prick who hates the Firebirds too much to award anyone with any statistics. :mad:
Down 12ish, I know I've got more players left to go, but the Detroit Firebirds suck the very livelihood out of the real-life Lions to get a win every week.

mr_pikachu
8th November 2009, 08:02 PM
If Brian was commissioner of the league, he would have no doubt assembled such kickass stats like that, plus the current standings in the 'pick a winner' category, as well as points scored and points allowed by each team.

I read Bear's post and considered replying with something to that effect. Thanks for saving me the trouble, Tony. Much appreciated! :D

kainashi
9th November 2009, 08:13 AM
looks like it'll be another close week. thanks for shitting the bed, mcnabb & jackson. :(

Bear
9th November 2009, 08:16 AM
lol I just hope I don't have another heartbreaking comeback that leaves me a point short. Oh well, these losses aren't as painful because my team isn't imploding. Just once I'd like to NOT leave a freak performance on the BENCH -_-

Clark
9th November 2009, 09:20 AM
I don't see big bed and ward getting 30 a piece. fml

Bear
9th November 2009, 09:38 AM
Poor Clark. You can still turn it around though! You're the only one who's beaten kain so far :D

Clark
9th November 2009, 10:40 AM
only need 53.55 ftw

Houndoom_Lover
9th November 2009, 12:01 PM
I just saw a kid with the best T-shirt on. It said Fantasy Football...then had a wizard, going for a long pass with a football XD

Bear
9th November 2009, 10:30 PM
Gaaaaaaahh I am sick of these nailbiters!!!

kainashi
9th November 2009, 11:30 PM
another slim win. :911:

Drago
10th November 2009, 01:18 AM
Only reason I'm ok with this is because Heath Miller did more shithouse than Jason Witten. If I left a game-winning 3 points on the bench I would not have been happy. All the same, I'm definitely not smitten with Witten.

Bear
10th November 2009, 08:17 AM
That's the problem with TEs, you can't really trust them to be consistent (unless their name starts with V and ends with ernondavis). Some weeks Ben throws to Heaf like a million times, other weeks he almost never does. Sucks, but eh that's fantasy!

Bear
15th November 2009, 05:40 PM
Second time this season my team has taken a day off against Drago. What the fuck?

kainashi
15th November 2009, 07:11 PM
not only did i leave a ton of points on the bench this week, yahoo decided to steal 2 points from mjd. :mad:

:arse:

Drago
16th November 2009, 12:55 AM
Drew Brees vs. St Louis = 12 fantasy points? I wouldn't have picked that one.

Bear
16th November 2009, 08:05 AM
Drew Brees vs. St Louis = 12 fantasy points? I wouldn't have picked that one.

don't forget 2 pts for Colston vs StL...and the rest of my team having a piss poor day as well. Not a single one of my players even got close to their projections :(.

It's ok, all I need is 90 points from Ray Rice tonight and I'm right back in this!!!

EDIT: JK again how did Colston drop to 0.30 points? As if I wasn't getting creamed bad enough Yahoo has to rub it in my face :(

kainashi
17th November 2009, 09:09 AM
clinched a playoff spot. :cool2:

Bear
17th November 2009, 06:59 PM
I'll be missing the playoffs if my team pulls too many more stunts like they just did -_-

Mr.E
17th November 2009, 11:42 PM
all matchups, etc. I still lead the league in points and will continue to do so, bleh.

I forget what I was really going to say, but uh grats on someone for their Ronnie Brown injury? :P Oh, I was gonna say Witten isn't going to be doing anything the rest of the year with Columbo being gone. :|

Bear
18th November 2009, 08:28 AM
Brown injured = icky williams starts :D. How's DeAngelo doing MrE?

Ultimate Charizard
18th November 2009, 09:19 AM
but uh grats on someone for their Ronnie Brown injury? :P

Yeah thanks. I also had Westbrook and Turner too. All 3 of my starting RB's down within a week.

Gotta rely on Maroney and Gore now.

Bear
18th November 2009, 06:36 PM
Good thing you took that trade from me when you did! An asshole would've asked you for a better receiver once you lost all your starting RBs. Turner will be back though probably.

Bear
24th November 2009, 08:10 AM
Why have we stopped posting here? I think it's time for playoff/ending record predictions. Here's mine:

Firebirds: 12-2
Revenge of Myst: 8-6
Nova Steelers: 8-6
Vancouver Cougars: 7-7
Cas Tigers: 5-9
Turtle Powah: 2-12

Stay tuned for how the playoffs will turn out as well!

kainashi
24th November 2009, 10:18 AM
i'm guessing i'm going to lose to you week 13? :(

i could see clark pull an upset one of these last few weeks.

Clark
24th November 2009, 02:35 PM
i'm going to win 2 of my last 3.

Mr.E
24th November 2009, 04:49 PM
At this point I think I'm just waiting to ride into the playoffs on my large season total lead tiebreaker...

Bear
24th November 2009, 09:46 PM
i'm guessing i'm going to lose to you week 13? :(

i could see clark pull an upset one of these last few weeks.

Actually I have you beating me, but losing to Vancouver :D

lol MrE tiebreakers won't mean much if you're a game behind 4th place after week 14.

With my luck Clark's upset will be against me and I'll miss the playoffs.

Drago
24th November 2009, 10:29 PM
Actually I have you beating me, but losing to Vancouver :D
I appreciate the sentiment, but I really have zero faith in beating kainashi. Never matched up well - I'm 2-5 against the Detroit Firebirds over the years.

Bear
29th November 2009, 10:49 PM
my team fucking blows

Clark
29th November 2009, 11:15 PM
told you could stand under my umbrella. mr e is going to need it too. brady is going to eat up new orleans.

Mr.E
29th November 2009, 11:58 PM
I still win if Brady/NE Defense hit for projected! You're my only real obstacle to my first 4-0 undefeated-in-fantasy record this year. :mad: How someone so amazingly skilled as I at fantasy football player management has not managed to do so multiple times yet is a tragedy, a heart-wrenching tale of poor luck and early-season struggles with injury. However, I move back into a low-seed spot in two of my other leagues after this weekend, and all the right things have happened to keep my longshot hope alive in that last remaining league as well.

Clark? What the hell is that random-ass username change?

Bear
30th November 2009, 08:16 AM
I just want my team to stop being the Texans and playing well one week, shitty the next week. Makes me want to stab people

kainashi
30th November 2009, 11:57 PM
11-1-0 :hellyeah:

Bear
1st December 2009, 08:30 AM
Sheesh, I didn't even expect to crack 100 going into Monday night. Were you starting to get nervous toward the end Clark?

I really need solid games the next 2 weeks. Can't afford to drop my last 3.