PDA

View Full Version : Wich Do You Play More.

Adrenaline
23rd August 2009, 12:43 AM
I may be the only one that is thinking this way, but I found no interest in Platinum except for the fact that it had the BF. Otherwise I have played my Pearl the WHOLE TIME. What I am trying to say is, did you buy platinum thinking wow this is gonna be great then get to like the third gytm and be like, wow why dont i just kikc ass in my diamond or pearl when i already beat it. right now i am working on getting all of the pokmon that are added to the sinnoh portion of the natioanl dex. like togekiss, magmortar, gallade, frosslass, gliscor,yanmega... blah blah blah. so yeah platinum, or diamond and pearl?

Crazy Elf Boy
23rd August 2009, 12:59 AM
That is usually because the third game of each of the generations are always harder then the first to possibly to create a game for the more experienced player.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd August 2009, 03:57 AM
I play Platinum to breed Pokémon and use the move tutor but my entire Pokémon collection is on Pearl, that's also where I do the berry growing. Played through Platinum once and through Diamond and Pearls two or three times by now.

I must admit that I didn't enjoy playing through Platinum that much simply because it's just not different enough from the other two. Was the same with Crystal and Emerald.

Adrenaline
23rd August 2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah, i know what you mean crazy. they did get harder. nothing i cant handle, but my lazy bum just wanted to succeed more in the one i prgressed in alot already.

AVA: your right they realy arent that differnt. a few twakshre in there. somemre tweakage in the story line, but that is basically it.

Poryhedron
23rd August 2009, 12:59 PM
Each one has its pros and cons, as far as I'm concerned. The expanded plot of Platinum is definitely worth playing (I say this, but I haven't actually reached Stark Mountain yet...) but there are places where the changes can actually be annoying. I have a serious beef with certain points in the very early game, for example; Prof. Rowan gives the two of you pokémon for practically no reason at all, and then, when you visit him in his lab, the assistant (Lucas or Dawn) still has dialogue from Diamond/Pearl that only makes sense if you "stole" the pokémon! For that matter, your Rival has dialogue that only makes sense if this is his first meeting with Rowan... Also, Looker can get a tad annoying, though he at least recognizes your skill, unlike other video game characters of the same stereotype. The Rocket "encounter" at Lake Acuity had its timeline all messed up by the extra appearance of your Rival outside the Lake...still, Cyrus summoning both Dialga and Palkia, the amazing scene with Giratina's first appearance, and the whole Distortion World sequences are wonderful additions. Also, though I haven't gotten to this point myself and probably never will, I've seen dialogue from Palmer after you get the Gold mark from the Tower, and I think it was clever of them to include that as a reference.

Adrenaline
23rd August 2009, 02:21 PM
Ive noticed that to. your right, platinum does have its ups, and there ARE alot of them. but with every game that hs ups, it also has downs. but yeah right now in pearl iam trying to finish my natioanl dex without cheating.

Blademaster
23rd August 2009, 04:02 PM
All three were disappointing IMO. Too much backtracking and unnecessary length, not enough story.

ESPECIALLY Platinum... Charon... They introduce Charon. Whoopdeedoo. He coulda been someone cool. Hell, HEATRAN could've gotten a PURPOSE. But no, let's have Charon pop up twice in the main quest, do nothing, and then after you beat the game you get to see him at Stark Mountain and he's all "MONEY MONEY MONEY GET HEATRAN GET MONEY" and then Looker arrests him. No Legendary, not even a battle with the old bastard. Talk about anticlimactic. Totally freaking weak.

Adrenaline
24th August 2009, 09:53 AM
Haha you have a point. got this huge ass guide for Platinum, and i was reading the stark mountain thing, and it said that Charon does a couple things then gets arrested by looker. :/ not so sure i like that. but anyways, lets hope they make up for it in HGSS. i am going to frekin pwn that game. blade, remeber bugsy. haha xd