PDA

View Full Version : Ever been ravaged in a battle?

Roy Karrde
29th August 2009, 09:37 PM
I was originally going to say "raped" but I wanted to be PC about it. Anyway this is part of a bet in which I lossed, and I don't mean just loss in it was a close battle, it was a humiliation, one team showed up, and well my team didn't. It was a lvl 5 on lvl 5 battle and basically went like this.

Shiny Charmander versus Horsea
Horsea uses Dragon Rage
Shiny Charmander dies

Chikorita versus Horsea
Horsea uses Dragon Rage
Chikorita dies

Larvitar versus Horsea
Horsea uses Dragon Rage
Larvitar dies.

It was bad that I lost, it was humiliating that I lost with out getting a single attack off. So I wanted to turn this topic into a question, is anyone else manly or womanly enough to step up and talk about how humiliated they have been in a battle before?

BTW it was Kurosakura that beat me like a drum.

Blademaster
29th August 2009, 09:49 PM
You don't know pain until your entire team is destroyed by a Pidgeot.

classy_cat18
29th August 2009, 10:06 PM
The online battles that I've had with other TPMers were very embarrassing. They had items like Leftovers, then they used Toxic Spikes, then used moves like Aqua Ring. I forgot what that battle was with...I think it was with DarkestLight.

Anyway, I'll think twice before agreeing to a battle with any TPMers. When it comes to competitive battling, they're a lot more serious than me.

Jeff
29th August 2009, 10:26 PM
I've been swept a few times in the battle tower, but I don't remember any matches against other players that I've been completely destroyed in.

I've actually done the ravaging a few times. The two main stories are here (http://209.123.162.177/~vash//tpm/editorials/18.php). The TPMer I beat was Zallarion. He had 4 pokemon on his team that were 4x weak to ice and my lead pokemon, Gyarados knows Ice Fang. His other two were Charizard and Aerodactyl I do believe. Needless to say, I swept. He did better on the second two matches, but I still won. Haven't heard from him in a while...

Drago
30th August 2009, 02:27 AM
Will make a proper reply a bit later, but I'm left asking one thing - isn't it illegal to use Dragon Rage in a Lv.5 battle? That's how the games always have it set up in tournaments, so I don't see why that wouldn't be a common rule in general low-level battling? I certainly wouldn't consider that an honest win. :\

classy_cat18
30th August 2009, 02:38 AM
Will make a proper reply a bit later, but I'm left asking one thing - isn't it illegal to use Dragon Rage in a Lv.5 battle? That's how the games always have it set up in tournaments, so I don't see why that wouldn't be a common rule in general low-level battling? I certainly wouldn't consider that an honest win. :\

I guess that makes Roy a sucker. XP

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
30th August 2009, 02:45 AM
I've lost a few battles online but my teams rarely get ravaged in battles and if then I don't feel bad about it, in fact you learn quite a few things from such defeats too.

I remember getting annihilated by a Darkrai a few weeks ago, he put all my Pokémon to sleep one after another due to his speed advantage and just stood there doing more or less nothing while he wiped me with his Bad Dreams ability alone. One of the few times I went home 0-3.

Poryhedron
30th August 2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah, definitely no Dragon Rage, and not even any Sonicboom, in a Lv5 match. That was so cheap it even beats Walmart.

ChobiChibi
30th August 2009, 06:11 PM
Hey Ryan, remember when I pretty much wiped your pokemons accross the floor with my Pearl team?! 8D

That banner I made was so pretty, wasn't it? ^____^

I've battled UC, Roy, DL and... I think that's it. I've had a mixture of results. For some reason, the team I have built for single battles win more doubles than the team I have for double battles >_>

I went to a Pokemon Event here in the UK where I met the country's best battlers... Needless to say I got owned. I also got owned by this 8 year old kid that magically had a level 80 Groundon in his team I wasn't expecting >_>

I was winning til he brought that out D:

Roy Karrde
31st August 2009, 05:19 PM
Hey Ryan, remember when I pretty much wiped your pokemons accross the floor with my Pearl team?! 8D

That banner I made was so pretty, wasn't it? ^____^

SHADDUP!

Anyway I wonder if we should have a forum on the D/P group just for TPM battle results...

Vulpix vs Shiny Charmander
Vulpix uses Energy Ball, Charmander uses Substitute
Vulpix uses Flamethrower, Charmander uses Dragon Claws ( Sub dies )
Vulpix is switched out

Skitty vs Shiny Charmander
Charmander uses Dragon Claws
Skitty uses Attract Charmander uses Flamethrower
Skitty faints

Nidoran vs Shiny Charmander
Nidoran uses Beat up, Charmander uses Flamethrower
Nidoran switches for Vulpix

Vulpix vs Shiny Charmander
Charmander uses Flamethrower and raises Vulpix's power
Vulpix uses Flamethrower Charmander uses Dragon Claws
Vulpix uses Flamethrower
Charmander faints

Vulpix vs Larvitar
Vulpix uses Energy Ball
Larvitar faints

Vulpix versus Chikorita
Vulpix uses Flamethrower
Chikorita faints

Last part where I got owned... but it was a damn close battle. Her Pokemon are just so damn speedy. And now I have full filled my requirements of the bet.

DarkestLight
1st September 2009, 11:07 AM
The online battles that I've had with other TPMers were very embarrassing. They had items like Leftovers, then they used Toxic Spikes, then used moves like Aqua Ring. I forgot what that battle was with...I think it was with DarkestLight.

Anyway, I'll think twice before agreeing to a battle with any TPMers. When it comes to competitive battling, they're a lot more serious than me.

I'm not a competitive battler..i just learned from getting beat at Netbattle so many damn times. I'm sorry Classy, lol. i was just dying to try that strategy out. next time it won't be so serious...lol.

And Chibi..i hate doubles, but as you well remember my single skills are not to be scoffed at, lol. ICE SHARD ICE SHARD!! But we still need our third deciding battle. i forget if it was single or doubles tho.

Umm I've been ravaged plenty. I know Negrek is quite possibly THE GREATEST BATTLER IN THE WORLD...and I still managed to put up a fight. Oh and Blade...Pidgeot is the shit, you remember that as you weep ok? But there have been times i've bet set up by someone from TPM (Blade maybe?)and they tried to sweep with a damn Magikarp..and it fucking worked.

Oh and Jeff, we need to tango :o I battled Zal as well, and I remember him telling me i should battle you...

Oh and Dragon Rage on a breeded Horsea say whatnow? its an egg move, so I'm not understanding the beef with it???

classy_cat18
1st September 2009, 11:12 AM
I'm not a competitive battler..i just learned from getting beat at Netbattle so many damn times. I'm sorry Classy, lol. i was just dying to try that strategy out. next time it won't be so serious...lol.

And Chibi..i hate doubles, but as you well remember my single skills are not to be scoffed at, lol. ICE SHARD ICE SHARD!! But we still need our third deciding battle. i forget if it was single or doubles tho.

Umm I've been ravaged plenty. I know Negrek is quite possibly THE GREATEST BATTLER IN THE WORLD...and I still managed to put up a fight. Oh and Blade...Pidgeot is the shit, you remember that as you weep ok? But there have been times i've bet set up by someone from TPM (Blade maybe?)and they tried to sweep with a damn Magikarp..and it fucking worked.

Oh and Jeff, we need to tango :o I battled Zal as well, and I remember him telling me i should battle you...

Oh and Dragon Rage on a breeded Horsea say whatnow? its an egg move, so I'm not understanding the beef with it???

Damn, I forgot about Negrek. Isn't he the one with the all-shiny team? He kicked my ass too.

And Dragon Rage has a set damage of 40. There aren't a lot of L5 Pokemon with that much HP.

DarkestLight
1st September 2009, 11:31 AM
Ahh that's right, the 40 dmg. lol That is cheap, lol. Choice scarf death. Need like, hell that's just gay XD, LOL I wanna do that now!!!

Kurosakura
1st September 2009, 02:02 PM
Hey, he only said level 5 was the limit, never said anything about moves! Anyways, the Horsea was holding a Choice Scarf and was EV'd in speed, so of course he had no chance. :P

ChobiChibi
1st September 2009, 02:22 PM
He should take on my level 1 Piplup that has Surf, Brine and Aerial Ace as egg moves <3

EngiMatikul
4th September 2009, 11:47 AM
My entire team got pwned by an entire-ground pokemon team before :x I mean my team in Diamond isn't exactly SRS BUSINESS and I use a lot of low tier pokemon but still...

It was kind of funny because in the battle before the person I beat supposedly had an "anti-sweeper" team that beat the all-ground pokemon team and I beat him fairly easily, but then I got totally owned by a 100% ground pokemon team.. ;o;

Oh yea and I remember battles with Negrek and DarkestLight. I dunno if DL remembers me but our battle was soooo much fun :D and so close too! I'm sure he has a much better team than I do now, though. :V

And as everyone already stated, Negrek just pwns everyone so there's no question who lost that. :x

DarkestLight
5th September 2009, 11:36 AM
I dun remember our battle exactly, but I'm sure you beat me Engi

EngiMatikul
5th September 2009, 02:08 PM
Yea it was a while ago :x I used a pachirisu and shedinja which I think were considered pretty odd in a team. :V