PDA

View Full Version : Water Dude Toss-up

Weasel Overlord
31st August 2009, 05:42 AM
Hay all! I realised, after 5 badges, that Prinplup/Empoleon is totally not working for me as a water type for my team (as in, I hate it's stupid penguiny guts, grr), so I've narrowed down the choice for my final team member to three, but I can't decide which would be better. Here's where you awesome dudes come in! Help me! Plx?

The options are;

Lumineon
Octillery
Milotic

Now, I've caught and trained a Finny to Lumineon already, and I've got a Remoraid ready for Octillery, but I can't get Feebas til Mt. Coronet, *is playing Platinum* which will be more annoying for training up, especially with the whole Beauty thing. :/

What are these guys like for stats and whatnot? Lumineon is cool for its random movepool, but its stats aren't looking too cracky so far (I've caught a Jolly one with Swift Swim).

This final pokie will fit into the following team;

Jolteon
Arcanine
Staraptor
Rosurade
Gliscor,

which, I know, has a fair few weaknesses and whatnot, but I've got the types to counteract them and I don't plan on being competitive or whatever.

If none of the three water dudes are any good, anyone fancy recommending a replacement to me? I'd normally go for Vaporeon, but I trained one on Pearl and I'm trying not to get any repeats on Platinum.

Thanks in advance, awesome dudes! ♥

Number1ChanseyFan
31st August 2009, 10:03 AM
I would probably go with either Milotic or Octillery. Typically I would probably pick Milotic out of those two, but since this is just an in-game team and not really planned for competitive battling I think that maybe you could give Octillery a try. Milotic is nice, but it can kind of be a pain to get one. Octillery is a fun Pokemon though, it has very interesting potentials in its movelist, I mean, it is kinda cool having a water type that can use Flamethrower and Grass type moves!! Of course, it would be good at least give Octillery Surf and Ice Beam, but there are a lot of fun choices for the other two slots, especially in game. Some of the stronger choices would be Energy Ball and Flamethrower, but those won't be accessible until later in the game. Other cool choices are Sludge Bomb, Psychic, and Signal Beam. The nice thing about Octillery is that for in-game purposes, it learns some cool moves that are useful early on, like Psybeam, Aurora Beam, and Bubblebeam. I don't know, it's just my opinion, but Octillery is pretty fun to use... it has good attack stats, but not-so-great defense and speed. I'll go ahead and list the stats of all 3 of your Pokemon and maybe that will help you decide. The stats listed are max stats @ level 100 with neutral personalities.

Octillery
HP: 354
Attack: 309
Defense: 249
Special Attack: 309
Special Defense: 249
Speed: 189

Milotic
HP: 394
Attack: 219
Defense: 257
Special Attack: 299